• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Suit Carriers - Anyone Got One?

Diamond Lights

Didier Zokora
I use a coat hanger and my arm. Folding a suit in half is a silly thing to do.

They are crap and your suit will look like gonad*s when you get there, unless it gets hung up in the cabin somewhere.

Put the suit in a case and fold the trousers in the middle around a folded towel, to stop getting a hard crease in them.

Use a towel in the middle of the jacket and fill the sleeves with your socks and underwear to stop them getting crushed and creased, also. If you prepare well, you can virtually pull it out of the case and wear it, particularly if its a hard sided case that has been well packed to prevent everything moving around.

Put the shoes inside an old pair of socks to keep them shiny, or take your brushes with you. Failing that, buff them with toilet paper and smear them with clear floor polish (take some in a small bottle, you don't need much)

put your tie flat at the bottom of the case - or roll it up and put it in a shoe, or put it under the suit collar if the case is big enough to lie the jacket flat.

if you have to take a long bag, fold the jacket lengthwise and iron it back out when you arrive, still fill the sleeves and shoulders of the jacket.

dont forget to clean your teeth and wash behind your ears

There are some that roll your suit around the outside or your luggage which is packed in a cylinder. Can't remember who makes them.

Or you can buy a travel steamer.

It sounds like Mick has done this before!

Still not sure id want my Oswald wrapped in a towel

once or twice(!) Travelling to business meetings, you either travel in the suit you attend in, and look like a sack of spuds when you get there, or transport it in a controlled manner and wear it out of the box when you arrive. I hate travelling in a suit if I'm meeting customers, and prefer to go the night before if its going to be a long meeting.

Oswald? Is that a style/tailor of suit?

All of my suits are just for work or business, so I get off the peg suits from high street shops. I love my job here, I wear shorts and T's in summer and jeans and polos in winter, suits for meeting people who think a lot of themselves.

I prefer this for business meatings:

500x_sausage_briefcase.jpg

Back