• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son or Mane ?

You are right. But that then begs the question. If we had Son, Lamela, Dele ( ? And Lennon?) why go for an expensive support striker when we had plenty of cover there- yet no cover whatsoever for Kane and Eriksen. Makes little sense to me.

And who would be first choice- Son or Mane?
Lamela?.... who is this mystery player?

Gotta be Son for me, don't think he's necessarily a better player but less likely to throw his granny in front of a bus for a freekick.

Last 3 seasons:

Mane: 46 goals in 91 games
Son: 33 goals in 89 games,

IMO Son is an excellent player but Mane is that level above in the elite bracket.

Last 3 seasons:

Mane: 46 goals in 91 games
Son: 33 goals in 89 games,

IMO Son is an excellent player but Mane is that level above in the elite bracket.
Do you think the fact that Mane plays for a team that in the past 91 games has barely lost a game, and destroyed many that they have faced ,might have SOMETHING to do with it? I think is Son played for the Dippers he'd have scored more.

Gotta be Son for me, don't think he's necessarily a better player but less likely to kick the ball against Sissoko's arm to win a penalty.
FIFY. I woke up thinking about that moment this morning, then remembered we're in the midst of a global pandemic, I'm unemployed and it's raining and felt much better.

Do you think the fact that Mane plays for a team that in the past 91 games has barely lost a game, and destroyed many that they have faced ,might have SOMETHING to do with it? I think is Son played for the Dippers he'd have scored more.

This.

The stats are for the last three seasons, one of those we finished above Liverpool. Even up to February last season we were very close to Liverpool until the Burnley game essentially when we did what we always do when confronted with a game that would put us in a strong position in the title race, we clammed up and bottled it. I don’t disagree Son would score plenty of goals if he played for Liverpool, then again Mané also had a good ratio when he played for Soton and Salzburg just as Son did for Leverkusen and Hamburg before us.

Oh and can’t wait for the Salah vs Lamela and Sanchez vs Van Dijk threads.

In all seriousness, I think Kane walks into a combined 11. Ndombele would also if he could be arsed to lose weight and get motivated.

Back