• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

I think that's fair comment. We can say it was the most interesting season for ages. The fact that the top four is no longer sewn up by Manure, Arse, Chelski and Liv is good for everyone. No doubt about that at all. That top four monopoly year in year out was just boring. But I'd argue that the openness this year is because of a lowering in quality of the leading teams, rather than anyone else getting any better. Hence the thrashings.

I personally think it's two fold. The top teams aren't as good as they were. The chasing pack are better than they were. That actually makes it a harder season all round, because it also means the teams fighting for those 4th to 6th places have it harder as the top teams don't take as many points off of their immediage 4th to 6th challengers as years gone by.

I personally think it's two fold. The top teams aren't as good as they were. The chasing pack are better than they were. That actually makes it a harder season all round, because it also means the teams fighting for those 4th to 6th places have it harder as the top teams don't take as many points off of their immediage 4th to 6th challengers as years gone by.

Certainly the top teams aren't as good, but I don't really think the rest are better. Take Manure as an example. They conceded only 33 goals in the league all season, a decent result. Of these 33, six were to Emirates Marketing Project in one game, three against Blackburn, Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and four against Everton. That's 19 in five games, so only 14 goals against in all the other 33 games. Nobody would say Manure were as good as in previous seasons, but they only conceded 14 goals in 33 games. Dodgy keeper in De Gea, Vidic out from December on, no settled centre half pairing. So how brick were the opposition?

301795_393198837385685_154754394563465_1085855_371313049_n.jpg

No offence mate, but to say it was the hardest Prem season is a long way wide of the mark. I'd say it was the easiest by a very long way. When you look at the total dross there was, the thrashings being handed out to "top" teams week in week out. Arse scored 5 at Chelsea, and 5 at home to us, but conceded 8 at Manure, who conceded 6 at home to City... Both the Manchester "giants" getting turfed out of first the Champs league and then the Europa league. Hmmm. There's no quality in the Prem. Just the opposite.

Its not my personal opinion mate i took this from a blog that made some very good possitive points to make me feel alot better about our situation, therefor i felt i should share that feeling with the GG faithful.
As for it being the hardest prem season... Theres an argument that the playing feild was far more level than past season which would ofcourse make it harder. Although the way we played at the start right up till xmas we shoulda been up there with UTD and City but wasnt to be.

As for the point someone made bout Arsenal getting 3rd could just paper over the cracks that were so visible at the start of the season... I made this exact point to a few gooner chums and they are all worried bout this too

As i said before i cant take full cred for the blog as it wasnt my words but they cheered me up a bit so thought i should share...

Agree the training facilities is a huge plus and could even attract players! Plus the point earlier made that we are in full swing with Stadium plans and planning permission so a nice revenue head start on Chelsea and Liverpool who are a long way off seemingly

I'm not sure where this goes, but I've just read that Brad's 14 clean sheets this year is a 25 year league high.

I'm gonna get slated for saying this, but, this season we didn't achieve our target:

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Because going on about it is going to make it happen?

Doesn't really belong in a thread about 'positivity'...

The thread title claims that this season has been a good one.

I can pick way more negatives than positives, unfortunately.

The thread title may look like that, but if you look at the OP you will see it is just ten things to be positive about from this season..

Don't judge a book... :mickey:

Then go and wallow in them in one of the many negative threads on this forum?
Allow us one little thread of happiness!

Then go and wallow in them in one of the many negative threads on this forum?
Allow us one little thread of happiness!

Well said... Far more negative knee jerk threads on here if thats what you wanna talk about. As was said earlier, moaning bout missing out on CL aint gonna change anything so why not look to the future with some possitivity. I'm much more possitive about ours than the gooners regardless of CL football... We'll get there

Back