• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro Ramirez

Could argue he isn't proven so there is a risk - but thats the same with anyone

Obviously there is a risk with anyone - even proven goalscorers (e.g. Solly). But at 20 and playing for Barca (if only occasionally) means he certainly has potential and even if he failed here we would probably still get most, if not all, of our money back. Hence, little risk.

Does anyone actually know what this guy can do? What his strengths are?

His wiki/google stats say that he is 175cm (5'9") and 71kg (11 stone and 2.5lbs). I have seen suggestions (I think from GB) that these are not accurate but what is the basis of that?

Is this guy another Son? another Kane? Or are his attributes somewhere between the two players?

Is he a player who wants to play number 9 and has done for most of his career, or is he a player who plays/generally has always played as a 7/10/11?

Obviously there is a risk with anyone - even proven goalscorers (e.g. Solly). But at 20 and playing for Barca (if only occasionally) means he certainly has potential and even if he failed here we would probably still get most, if not all, of our money back. Hence, little risk.

You could day that but look at the lad at Villa who has looked less than average so far when he has bothered to play

Barca have already turned down a loan move from Real Betis for the striker this month, but he looks set to leave the Nou Camp.

And Spanish newspaper Sport claim Spurs are considering meeting Sandro's £9million release clause after holding talks with the Catalan club.

However Barca are said to want to include a buy-back option in any deal for the player, with Spurs are reluctant to agree to such a move.
Sandro has been with the Spanish giants since he was 14, and came through the club's La Masia academy.

The 20-year-old has started just four La Liga games for Luis Enrique's side this season and is yet to feature for Barca in 2016, but he did score a hat-trick in the club's 6-1 win over Villanovense last month.

Sandro, who was already behind Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar in the Barca hierarchy, has fallen even further down the pecking order since summer signings Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal became eligible to play earlier this month.

The Canary Islands-born forward's current contract with the La Liga and European champions runs until the summer of 2017.

From the Express so gonna be brick.

His wiki/google stats say that he is 175cm (5'9") and 71kg (11 stone and 2.5lbs). I have seen suggestions (I think from GB) that these are not accurate but what is the basis of that?

Is this guy another Son? another Kane? Or are his attributes somewhere between the two players?

Is he a player who wants to play number 9 and has done for most of his career, or is he a player who plays/generally has always played as a 7/10/11?

From what I can gather he seems to be a CF/WF so would be a cheaper alternative to Berahino I'm guessing - should be pretty well schooled in the pressing game what with being a Barca academy graduate

My basis was just that he looks much bigger (relative to his teammates) in more recent videos compared to older ones. And that those stats sites can get quite outdated and clone info from one another. At 20YO it's possible/likely that he's still growing.

Apparently he's a #9, whose featured more at WF (due to competing with Messi), but they reckon he's nowhere near as good out wide. So theoretically more Hernandez or Falcao than Walcott or Sturridge

My basis was just that he looks much bigger (relative to his teammates) in more recent videos compared to older ones. And that those stats sites can get quite outdated and clone info from one another. At 20YO it's possible/likely that he's still growing.

Apparently he's a #9, whose featured more at WF (due to competing with Messi), but they reckon he's nowhere near as good out wide. So theoretically more Hernandez or Falcao than Walcott or Sturridge
Were his teammates Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Neymar?!? ;)

I listen to the Spanish football podcast every week its with Phil Kitromilides and Sid Lowe. Well worth downloading normally around 30mins long and they give a very good unbiased view.

Anyway they talked a little bit about the Sandro to Spurs transfer, both seem unimpressed with Sandro and they both agreed he's a strong lad but nothing else really, they cant really see him being happy on the bench at Spurs as he wants more game time, not the same as what he gets now at Barca.

We all know we need a striker this transfer window but Im not up for just bringing someone in just for numbers.

I don't really care what any media outlets,journalists,experts say. If Poch and Mitchell want him, that's good enough for me end of....

Leicester City have gone head-to-to head with Tottenham Hotspur in an attempt to sign Spain under-21 international Sandro. Direct rivals for a Champions League place, both clubs have opened negotiations for the 20-year-old striker, who has a €12million (£9.1m) release clause in his Barcelona contract.

Sandro has made sporadic appearances for Barca over the last two seasons as a backup to the European champions' first-choice attack of Lionel Messi-Luis Suarez-Neymar, scoring during that successful Champions League campaign. Tottenham, whose head of recruitment Paul Mitchell is understood to have travelled to the Catalan capital this weekend, regard the forward as a badly needed backup to Harry Kane, and as a talent who could be developed into an elite Premier League player over time.

With Sandro's contract due to expire in the summer of 2017, Barca are likely to accept a fee lower than his release clause in return for a buyback option specifically designed to prevent the La Masia product falling into the hands of Real Madrid in future years.

A similar “paranoia” clause was inserted in the initial €10m (now £7.7m) sale of Adama Traore to Aston Villa last summer, entitling Barca to re-recruit the midfielder for the entire cost of Villa's expenditure on Adama, including transfer fee, salary, taxes and agents' fees. Whether such an arrangement would prove acceptable to Tottenham's famously profit-oriented chairman, Daniel Levy, is open to question.

http://www.oneworldsports.com/stories/leicester-spurs-fighting-barcas-sandro

Duncan Castles was always pretty reliable in the AVB days.

From what I can gather he seems to be a CF/WF so would be a cheaper alternative to Berahino I'm guessing - should be pretty well schooled in the pressing game what with being a Barca academy graduate

Any chance the club will have him in for a chat, maybe a social with the players, during their training jaunt in Barcelona this week? The visit of Puyol to London and now this trip seem to be too much of a coincidence.

Back