• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

rSol

Guys we have to do all we can to make sure Arsol is at least considered for the ARSENAL gig.

Even if we don't succed imagine the stress it will cause those gooners at the mear possibility of him being appointed ... it would be comedy gold.

What do you say?

Suggestions?

Tactics?

Etc etc

Betting. If enough people bet the odds will shorten and he will start getting reported as a front runner, then see what happens.

Reactions: DTA
Most intellectual ex footballer and future Brazil manager deserves a minute or two I'd say

He was going to go for POTUS but they’ve already appointed a black candidate previously, so he doesn’t have a fall-back excuse if he lost.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

“I’ve got my own mind, and I’ll talk about it, but I’m willing to listen. I’m very balanced like that.

“If you don’t want a guy who’s balanced, who wants to win, and can bring people together well... I don’t know.
I don’t know what kind of club you want. I don’t know what type of manager you want. Maybe they want puppets?”

eWqlr_f-maxage-0.gif

Can't help thinking that the interviewers want an antidote to the serious business of deciding on a new manager.

Expect others to follow their lead, and for his statements in these interviews to feature in after dinner speeches.

He's made himself a joke - long may we be kept amused.

Last edited:
Ipswich Town to interview Sol Campbell in search for new manager
26 APRIL 2018 • 10:30PM

Sol Campbell is set to be interviewed by Ipswich Town as the Championship club search for Mick McCarthy’s successor.

Campbell, the former England and Tottenham defender, has been recommended to Ipswich’s board and is expected to hold talks over the job in the next few weeks.

Ipswich owner Marcus Evans is using former Spurs supremo David Pleat to assist in finding the club’s next manager and Campbell, 43, is thought to be in the frame as a contender.

McCarthy left the club by mutual consent earlier this month and Evans is keen to appoint his replacement by the beginning of June.

Pleat is understood to have discussed Campbell as a potential candidate after working with him at Spurs in his previous role as director of football.

Campbell has admitted he wants to pursue a role in management and was recently interviewed by Oxford United before being overlooked for Karl Robinson, who joined from Charlton.

In an interview with Telegraph Sport in February, Campbell said: “I’ve got my own mind, and I’ll talk about it, but I’m willing to listen. I’m very balanced like that.

“If you don’t want a guy who’s balanced, who wants to win, and can bring people together well... I don’t know. I don’t know what kind of club you want. I don’t know what type of manager you want. Maybe they want puppets?”

Evans gave his first on-camera interview since his takeover in 2007 to the Ipswich website on Wednesday and has admitted that McCarthy’s successor will be working under financial restrictions.

"I am not going to pre-judge a manager," he said. "They could be young, they could be older, they could be experienced at winning promotion to the Premier League or not.

"But overall I want to find someone that buys into the club's plans. It is going to take some time and I expect to make an appointment towards the end of May or early in June."

McCarthy might not be everyones cup of tea, but he has done a superb job there.

What the actual fudge? Speachless...

Ipswitch are, for me, a non event.

I mean no malice or ill will, they just barely blip on the radar. Like the like of Charlton etc.

Ive no affinity for them, and Ive no concern.

That said, I always have a lot of respect for well run clubs that work well enough to punch above their weight.

And with McCarthy thats exactly what they did, he was a godsend for them.

So at this point I am wondering if they are getting a bit too big for their boots - there could be a very large bump back to reality for them soon...

Campbell? Id love him to get a job, implode, and watch the hilarity (much like Gerrard!) but Id rather it were somewhere other than Ipswitch too.

Somewhere with more profile, more noise, louder ambitions, that would be glorious...

Ipswitch are, for me, a non event.

I mean no malice or ill will, they just barely blip on the radar. Like the like of Charlton etc.

Ive no affinity for them, and Ive no concern.

That said, I always have a lot of respect for well run clubs that work well enough to punch above their weight.

And with McCarthy thats exactly what they did, he was a godsend for them.

So at this point I am wondering if they are getting a bit too big for their boots - there could be a very large bump back to reality for them soon...

Campbell? Id love him to get a job, implode, and watch the hilarity (much like Gerrard!) but Id rather it were somewhere other than Ipswitch too.

Somewhere with more profile, more noise, louder ambitions, that would be glorious...
Sounds like Arsenal would be perfect to me.

Back