• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Redknapp

And we didn't hear from Harry . "Please can you all put a stop to this , I'm not taking any more questions regarding the England job , I'm only here to discuss Tottenham Hotspur.

And why should he? He isn't a Spurs man. He never has been, never will be. Hopefully one lesson learned from all this is that next time around we will go for someone who has genuine affection for the club.

And why should he? He isn't a Spurs man. He never has been, never will be. Hopefully one lesson learned from all this is that next time around we will go for someone who has genuine affection for the club.

Are you being serious?

He's employed at the club and paid by it - should represent its best interests at all time. Could have still went on about the job far more discretely much like Roy did

Based on what exactly?

Based on that he didn't get on with the Chelsea players. He won't get on with ours either. He is tainted goods in English football. The players will have zero respect for him, especially those based in London who are mates with the Chelsea players. The whole celebrate with me on the touchline thing demonstrates how out of touch culturally he is with the English game too. If he stays in English football he needs to manage a club with low expectations that he can comfortably take to mid-table for a couple of seasons and rebuild his reputation. But his best option is to go abroad and start a new. In fact I'd go one step further than that and would suggest he needs to go back to Portugal where he understands the culture and learn the trade for three or four more seasons.

Are you being serious?

He's employed at the club and paid by it - should represent its best interests at all time. Could have still went on about the job far more discretely much like Roy did

As long as he gets results, it doesn't matter if he is a Spurs man or not. Just because you're paid by a company doesn't make you a company man.

You're right regarding Harry, but of course Roy went about it more discretely- noone thought he was
being lined up for the job, probably including himself!

Based on that he didn't get on with the Chelsea players. He won't get on with ours either. He is tainted goods in English football. The players will have zero respect for him, especially those based in London who are mates with the Chelsea players. The whole celebrate with me on the touchline thing demonstrates how out of touch culturally he is with the English game too. If he stays in English football he needs to manage a club with low expectations that he can comfortably take to mid-table for a couple of seasons and rebuild his reputation. But his best option is to go abroad and start a new. In fact I'd go one step further than that and would suggest he needs to go back to Portugal where he understands the culture and learn the trade for three or four more seasons.

Our lads are far different from that pact - anyone can see that from a mile.

Tainted goods in England based on 8 months in a club which sacks managers every 18 months? :lol: What about Ancelotti, he also got sacked?

Because we now know that he believes speculation affects the performance of the players (and we all knew that already anyway). By not doing all he could to kill it, he wasn't doing his best for Spurs.

Harry would be off like a shot if Roman came along and offered him the Chelsea job, regardless of what contract we offer him.

Our lads are far different from that pact - anyone can see that from a mile.

Tainted goods in England based on 8 months in a club which sacks managers every 18 months? :lol: What about Ancelotti, he also got sacked?

Ancelotti built up a lot of credit and to be fair, his sacking was ridiculous. AVB had the best team in the country, and was struggling to get them finishing top five, let alone top four. Just so I can clarify this logically, these are my opinions.

Chelsea have a better first XI than Spurs.
Chelsea have a better squad than Spurs.
Redknapp had us finishing above Chelsea.
The main reason for that was that Chelsea underperformed under AVB.
You want AVB to replace Redknapp despite the fact that Redknapp had an inferior team outperforming AVB's better team?

It's not about being a Spurs man , its about being a manager i.e. publicly putting the interests of what one is representing ahead of all other considerations.

Back