• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Red Wine

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
I'm a big big fan of reddo but by no means an expert so thought I'd put a thread on here about the grand drink

My favs are Piniot Noir or a Malbec depending on how my mood is

I want to splash out on a nice bottle of red to drink when my little girl is born over the next two weeks, price range about £50 - £75, any advice, favs, etc

I'm a big big fan of reddo but by no means an expert so thought I'd put a thread on here about the grand drink

My favs are Piniot Noir or a Malbec depending on how my mood is

I want to splash out on a nice bottle of red to drink when my little girl is born over the next two weeks, price range about £50 - £75, any advice, favs, etc
You're always best finding a local, independent place for this kind of thing.

That said, if you can find a place that sells Chateau Le Puy then that would do you very well. It's a Bordeaux, but it's as smooth and as light as any Pino Noir I've ever had. I've only had the 2004 vintage but it's apparently pretty regular in its quality.

You may even get a magnum for the upper end of your price range.

Seconded on finding a decent local, independent wine merchant. They will know their stuff and if you tell them what you like, will be able to point you in the direction of something brilliant.

I became a big big fan of NZ reds when I lived there. Their Syrah's are magnificent. I particularly like a Mudbrick Estate Syrah.

I know nothing about white wine but I've learned that you're best off matching regions with the grapes that they're famous for, i.e;

Heathcote Shiraz
Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon
Barossa Shiraz
Mendoza Malbec

Stick to that basic rule and you'll never go too far wrong.

Also always open the bottle at least an hour before drinking it, decanter it even better. Makes a world of difference because it puts air into the wine which makes it breath and enhances the taste massively.

Damn, I've ran out of my favorite wine, Churchill's Estates Touriga Nacional. In its price range and up to twice the price, it's hands down the best red wine to steak I've ever tasted, and I've tasted a lot. The Norwegian distributor are not importing it anymore, and it's not available in Sweden either. I was in contact with the maker, to hear about the possibility of buying it directly, but I had to buy at least 6 cases, which is a bit of overkill.
I've tried other Touriga Nacional wines, but none comes close, as they are mostly blends, and Churchill's is purely Touriga Nacional grapes.
Anyone have suggestions?
https://images.app.goo.gl/iACJWGVtw3fh9Vhq5

Damn, I've ran out of my favorite wine, Churchill's Estates Touriga Nacional. In its price range and up to twice the price, it's hands down the best red wine to steak I've ever tasted, and I've tasted a lot. The Norwegian distributor are not importing it anymore, and it's not available in Sweden either. I was in contact with the maker, to hear about the possibility of buying it directly, but I had to buy at least 6 cases, which is a bit of overkill.
I've tried other Touriga Nacional wines, but none comes close, as they are mostly blends, and Churchill's is purely Touriga Nacional grapes.
Anyone have suggestions?
Eagerly awaiting Scara on this thread !!!

Anyone have suggestions?
You're in Norway right?

These guys will ship there:
https://www.portugalvineyards.com/wines/5948-churchill-estates-touriga-nacional-red-2013.html

Neither do I. The really cheap stuff is cheap for a reason. But there's plenty of really good wine that isn't very expensive.
You can't drink the good stuff every night (at least I can't).

There's plenty of drinkable stuff for not much more than £10 - especially if you have a good local. For example, I really like Pomerol but it's rarely cheap. Wine from just across the edge of the DOC is the same terroir and virtually indistinguishable. Much cheaper though

Thx a lot! Have you by any chance tried this wine? If not I thoroughly recommend it! My last bottle was a 2008 which I bought in 2014. Drank it last weekend to a tasty meal of duck breasts. Let it air in a carafe for at least 2 hours and it goes from good to magnificent!
Never had the pleasure. Let me know once you've ordered yours in case I take the last of their stock

Back