1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Rating out of 10 for the window?

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by AdamB, 31 Aug 2021.

?

Rating out of 10 for the window is...

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. 6

14 vote(s)
    16.5%
  7. 7

40 vote(s)
    47.1%
  8. 8

22 vote(s)
    25.9%
  9. 9

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  10. 10

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Mel Hopkins

When I saw the Hwee Chan deal I thought we would have jumped on that

I’d get Daniel Sturbridge in training myself and see what he looks like

2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Mel Hopkins

@Finney Is Back the other one I thought we would go for was Simy from Crotone
    Scored loads last season. 6’6 and loaned back now to salernibtana

3. a spur from swansea

a spur from swansea Naybet

We didn't buy anyone for 18 months,....didn't we???......the cost of the stadium,yep that classic excuse that gets rolled out,we could have sold off a few players,so we could have easily got 60/70 mill straight off,bought Grealish for £35 mill out of that plus use the loan system and installments that all top European clubs do .We build a stadium that was going to be used 52 weeks of the year generating how many more millions than a 36k stadium we had.

Has covid affected football....check the sums that were spent a couple of weeks ago.....if you dig deep enough the story can be slightly different to what you get told.

4. DubSpur

DubSpur Neil Ruddock

Yeah, you should dig a little deeper and look at the debt we're carrying and the extra loan we needed to take out to cover the loses from Covid.
    Having a stadium that is going to generate millions more is worth fudge all when the stadium can't be used, an open WHL would've generated more
    the last 18 months.

5. a spur from swansea

So has the other 19 clubs in the premiership that have debts to pay....looking at the Sunday Times Rich List and what they made last year,our mate Joe Lewis and Enic made over £330 million in profit last year,i wonder how much of that he chipped in to the club,i say a tenth of that ,maybe to pay for Levy's bonus.....there is money in the club,debts are covered so please don't be so naive in thinking the club can't buy anyone...check our season ticket prices at least were top of one league lol!!!

6. DubSpur

DubSpur Neil Ruddock

Show me the clubs carrying the same amount of debt that we are. And you want to go and check your figures for ENIC, they make very little each year, nowhere near 330m

7. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Goran Bunjevcevic

If you own your house and house prices go up. The value of your house may go up £100,000. That doesn't mean you have £100k in your pocket.

8. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Niko Kranjcar

Looking forward to seeing Demari Gray tonight. Thought he was a bit younger than he actually is and probably not what we need but could have been a cheap addition for us to enable Son to cover up top. Guess there’s a reason he moved on from Leicester - reached his ceiling maybe.

yiddo37 likes this.
  9. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Niko Kranjcar

….the guy on the other wing looks useful too.

10. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Paul Walsh

No but it means your net worth has increased by £100k.

11. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Goran Bunjevcevic

Yes. But unless you are planning on selling your house or borrowing against it. It's pretty meaningless.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  12. a spur from swansea

Finney Is Back likes this.
  13. Finney Is Back

I don't think using the value of a person's home is a good comparison to use in this analogy.

If the value of property goes up by 20% and I own 20 properties (not including my home) then my net asset value has gone up by by 20% and it is very easy for me to get at this 20%

14. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Allan Nielsen

The Edouard signing by Palace really fudges me off. He may turn out to be brick. But he was the exact sort of backup striker we could have gone for. Instead we have no one again.

Tonight is a perfect example. It's either Kane or Dane. Laughable.

Anyone who still uses the "no one wants to be back up to Kane" really needs to stop sticking their head in the sand.

Spoonman, MKSpur, djp82 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Badger

Badger Johnnie Jackson

And the irony is we could have included him in a swap with CCV, who was a card in our hands.

However my biggest disappointment is seen Pjanic playing and providing an assist for Besiktas yesterday. On a one year loan with no obligation to buy and I believe with subsided wages. When it was so obvious our midfield was crying out for his type of creativity and Barca wanted him gone like crazy...

16. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Goran Bunjevcevic

Kane and son can cover the league and fa cup dane for conference. We can recall parrot in jan if needed.

We need to give our young players a chance or they'll fudge off for free. Like madeuke.

I remember when people said it was laughable that kane was backup.

17. Finney Is Back

Do you know that we have a recall option on Parrot's loan?

When did people say it was laughable that Kane was backup? I'm pretty sure than when Kane broke into the team we had both Adebayor and Soldado at the club?

djp82 likes this.
  18. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Goran Bunjevcevic

Ally gold said all our loans have a jan recall option.

19. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Goran Bunjevcevic

Don't you remember the bust up with baldini and sherwood? Basically sherwood saying that we had better players in the academy than some (like soldado) that baldini had brought in. Most fans backed baldini.

20. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Allan Nielsen

So you're saying Son is our second choice striker for games Kane can't make? So, the solution is taking our BEST winger and moving him somewhere else? You see the folly in that move surely?

Alternatively your answer is to bring back a player with 2 goals in 6 games from League 1 to solve our striker shortage? If he was good enough for the PL or Champo would he not have been loaned to a club at that level already or kept?

If the youth was good enough to be playing at this level already, they'd be playing at this level already. Trent Arnold was 17 when he made his Liverpool debut. Harvey Elliott played for Fulham at 16 and now plays for Liverpool (obvs won't be for a while).

This assertion that just chucking youth will make them flourish is quite archaic. It should have been obvious from the first Pacos game you can't just lump kids into the game and expect them to be at a level to challenge.

Finney Is Back and Badger like this.