• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rating out of 10 for the window?

Rating out of 10 for the window is...

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 7.1%

Votes: 14 16.5%

Votes: 40 47.1%

Votes: 22 25.9%

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Somebody worth keeping an eye on for a potential striker rotation option is Adam Hlozek from Sparta Prague. Bags of skill and also has the right physique to play as a number 9. He can also play as a wide forward on either side so would improve our options up front in general. Would probably go for under £20m to whichever forward thinking club signs him.

A player that I mentioned before as a good potential option for us who I have only just seen has got away was Abdallah Sima. I see that Brighton swooped in and nabbed him from Slavia Prague on deadline day and then sent him to Stoke on loan. He would've been a very good option for us as a player who is ready physically to play now but nowhere near fulfilling his massive potential yet at 20. Apparently Brighton picked him up for an absolute bargain at only £7m, showing that there is still value in the transfer market if you look hard enough.

Lots of forwards moved clubs this summer for not outrageous fees.... Several of the below would've been good options in our squad:

Dakka (£27m)
Ings (£25m)
Cunha (£22m)
Armstrong (£16m)
Edouard (£15m)
Dia (£14m)
Mir (£14m)
Sima (£7m)
Dennis (£4m)
Borre (free)
Griezman (loan)
Correa (loan)
Vinicius (loan)
Sorloth (loan)
Simy (loan)
Calleri (loan)
Hwee Chan Hwang (loan)
Willian Jose (loan)
When I saw the Hwee Chan deal I thought we would have jumped on that

I’d get Daniel Sturbridge in training myself and see what he looks like

We didn't spend big because of the stadium build. Since then the purse strings were loosened and Poch spent over 100m in his last summer here.
Covid has had an impact on transfers for the last year. You need to take the circumstances of those years into account.

We didn't buy anyone for 18 months,....didn't we???......the cost of the stadium,yep that classic excuse that gets rolled out,we could have sold off a few players,so we could have easily got 60/70 mill straight off,bought Grealish for £35 mill out of that plus use the loan system and installments that all top European clubs do .We build a stadium that was going to be used 52 weeks of the year generating how many more millions than a 36k stadium we had.

Has covid affected football....check the sums that were spent a couple of weeks ago.....if you dig deep enough the story can be slightly different to what you get told.

We didn't buy anyone for 18 months,....didn't we???......the cost of the stadium,yep that classic excuse that gets rolled out,we could have sold off a few players,so we could have easily got 60/70 mill straight off,bought Grealish for £35 mill out of that plus use the loan system and installments that all top European clubs do .We build a stadium that was going to be used 52 weeks of the year generating how many more millions than a 36k stadium we had.

Has covid affected football....check the sums that were spent a couple of weeks ago.....if you dig deep enough the story can be slightly different to what you get told.
Yeah, you should dig a little deeper and look at the debt we're carrying and the extra loan we needed to take out to cover the loses from Covid.
Having a stadium that is going to generate millions more is worth fudge all when the stadium can't be used, an open WHL would've generated more
the last 18 months.

So has the other 19 clubs in the premiership that have debts to pay....looking at the Sunday Times Rich List and what they made last year,our mate Joe Lewis and Enic made over £330 million in profit last year,i wonder how much of that he chipped in to the club,i say a tenth of that ,maybe to pay for Levy's bonus.....there is money in the club,debts are covered so please don't be so naive in thinking the club can't buy anyone...check our season ticket prices at least were top of one league lol!!!

So has the other 19 clubs in the premiership that have debts to pay....looking at the Sunday Times Rich List and what they made last year,our mate Joe Lewis and Enic made over £330 million in profit last year,i wonder how much of that he chipped in to the club,i say a tenth of that ,maybe to pay for Levy's bonus.....there is money in the club,debts are covered so please don't be so naive in thinking the club can't buy anyone...check our season ticket prices at least were top of one league lol!!!
Show me the clubs carrying the same amount of debt that we are. And you want to go and check your figures for ENIC, they make very little each year, nowhere near 330m

If you own your house and house prices go up. The value of your house may go up £100,000. That doesn't mean you have £100k in your pocket.

Looking forward to seeing Demari Gray tonight. Thought he was a bit younger than he actually is and probably not what we need but could have been a cheap addition for us to enable Son to cover up top. Guess there’s a reason he moved on from Leicester - reached his ceiling maybe.

Looking forward to seeing Demari Gray tonight. Thought he was a bit younger than he actually is and probably not what we need but could have been a cheap addition for us to enable Son to cover up top. Guess there’s a reason he moved on from Leicester - reached his ceiling maybe.

….the guy on the other wing looks useful too.

Yes. But unless you are planning on selling your house or borrowing against it. It's pretty meaningless.
I don't think using the value of a person's home is a good comparison to use in this analogy.

If the value of property goes up by 20% and I own 20 properties (not including my home) then my net asset value has gone up by by 20% and it is very easy for me to get at this 20%

The Edouard signing by Palace really fudges me off. He may turn out to be brick. But he was the exact sort of backup striker we could have gone for. Instead we have no one again.

Tonight is a perfect example. It's either Kane or Dane. Laughable.

Anyone who still uses the "no one wants to be back up to Kane" really needs to stop sticking their head in the sand.

The Edouard signing by Palace really fudges me off. He may turn out to be brick. But he was the exact sort of backup striker we could have gone for. Instead we have no one again.

Anyone who still uses the "no one wants to be back up to Kane" really needs to stop sticking their head in the sand.

And the irony is we could have included him in a swap with CCV, who was a card in our hands.

However my biggest disappointment is seen Pjanic playing and providing an assist for Besiktas yesterday. On a one year loan with no obligation to buy and I believe with subsided wages. When it was so obvious our midfield was crying out for his type of creativity and Barca wanted him gone like crazy...

Kane and son can cover the league and fa cup dane for conference. We can recall parrot in jan if needed.

We need to give our young players a chance or they'll fudge off for free. Like madeuke.

I remember when people said it was laughable that kane was backup.

Kane and son can cover the league and fa cup dane for conference. We can recall parrot in jan if needed.

We need to give our young players a chance or they'll fudge off for free. Like madeuke.

Do you know that we have a recall option on Parrot's loan?

When did people say it was laughable that Kane was backup? I'm pretty sure than when Kane broke into the team we had both Adebayor and Soldado at the club?

When did people say it was laughable that Kane was backup? I'm pretty sure than when Kane broke into the team we had both Adebayor and Soldado at the club?

Ally gold said all our loans have a jan recall option.

Don't you remember the bust up with baldini and sherwood? Basically sherwood saying that we had better players in the academy than some (like soldado) that baldini had brought in. Most fans backed baldini.

So you're saying Son is our second choice striker for games Kane can't make? So, the solution is taking our BEST winger and moving him somewhere else? You see the folly in that move surely?

Alternatively your answer is to bring back a player with 2 goals in 6 games from League 1 to solve our striker shortage? If he was good enough for the PL or Champo would he not have been loaned to a club at that level already or kept?

If the youth was good enough to be playing at this level already, they'd be playing at this level already. Trent Arnold was 17 when he made his Liverpool debut. Harvey Elliott played for Fulham at 16 and now plays for Liverpool (obvs won't be for a while).

This assertion that just chucking youth will make them flourish is quite archaic. It should have been obvious from the first Pacos game you can't just lump kids into the game and expect them to be at a level to challenge.

Back