• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pussy Riot Pitch Invasion

Well i suppose those who have no problem with protesters running onto the pitch during a game would be happy to see it done by protestors for any cause. Where do you draw the line?
Simple - in a democracy where free speech is protected, there is no need for protests to get in the way of my enjoyment of sport.

In Russia, it's clearly required to draw attention for people who are smothered by propaganda. I'll support protests for every minute of every match in Qatar too.

Simple - in a democracy where free speech is protected, there is no need for protests to get in the way of my enjoyment of sport.

In Russia, it's clearly required to draw attention for people who are smothered by propaganda. I'll support protests for every minute of every match in Qatar too.

Well that just proves my point then, its all right if we/i/you support it but there will be others who think its wrong. And that goes for every protest anywhere, if you want to open that cans of worms you have to expect protests at all sporting events any/everywhere. You either allow it everywhere or nowhere.

Well that just proves my point then, its all right if we/i/you support it but there will be others who think its wrong. And that goes for every protest anywhere, if you want to open that cans of worms you have to expect protests at all sporting events any/everywhere. You either allow it everywhere or nowhere.
It's got nothing to do with whether I support their viewpoint and everything to do with the Russian government smothering free speech.

If the World Cup had been held in the UK I wouldn't have supported the protests, even though I support their cause, because there are countless ways of protesting in a free democracy.

It's got nothing to do with whether I support their viewpoint and everything to do with the Russian government smothering free speech.

If the World Cup had been held in the UK I wouldn't have supported the protests, even though I support their cause, because there are countless ways of protesting in a free democracy.

Well then its a pointless discussion, or are you saying your likes/dislikes are stronger are more important then others. You know as well as i do there are many folks around who will carry a candle for any cause when it suits them and their attitude will be if they can do that then so can i.

Do not get me wrong mate i am not saying these folks do not have a reason to complain, but at a sporting event it can not be seen as a right to do so otherwise it will happen for other causes at other venues.

Well then its a pointless discussion, or are you saying your likes/dislikes are stronger are more important then others. You know as well as i do there are many folks around who will carry a candle for any cause when it suits them and their attitude will be if they can do that then so can i.

Do not get me wrong mate i am not saying these folks do not have a reason to complain, but at a sporting event it can not be seen as a right to do so otherwise it will happen for other causes at other venues.
No, you're missing the point.

It doesn't matter whether I agree with their cause or not (although I do). It matters that they are living under a regime that does not allow free speech, where opponents of and those who speak out against Putin find themselves in prison. If free speech is not allowed to take place, and if people who attempt to criticise those in power are silenced, then finding an alternative forum is acceptable.

No, you're missing the point.

It doesn't matter whether I agree with their cause or not (although I do). It matters that they are living under a regime that does not allow free speech, where opponents of and those who speak out against Putin find themselves in prison. If free speech is not allowed to take place, and if people who attempt to criticise those in power are silenced, then finding an alternative forum is acceptable.

I think you are missing my point as well. However we are going round in circles and we are not really getting anywhere, lets just say we have different views ( not that far apart in truth).

So its is all down to what individuals support, gonads at the end of the day it should not be encouraged, there are plenty of places they could/should protest.

Oi Emily! Would you mind doing that outside? I'm trying to watch the gee-gees.

Suffragette-Emily-Davison-001.jpg

Sports should be just sports. Should not mix politics in sports. Whether you like it or not, the World Cup is the biggest sporting tournament in the world and every World Cup final is historic in nature, to be remembered by history books forever, just like every World Cup finals since 1930 have been. For me, it was the best final since Argentina beat West Germany 3-2 in 1986. It was not really a predictable final as this World Cup has been very unpredictable from start to finish largely due to no team being outstanding and all the defences being vulnerable.

If you do bring politics into sports, then almost all the countries will lose the rights to hold any sporting tournaments as all have their own human rights abuse cases including US and Britain.

Giving a major sporting event to a dictatorship is a political act.

Dictators like hosting major sporting events because the world's media turn up and sports journalists rarely ask difficult questions.

Back