• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

Seeing the vid of the rest of the squad returning has me assuming that they will be training alone for at least a few days. Saudi Sportswashing Machine looks way too soon for them.

Seeing the vid of the rest of the squad returning has me assuming that they will be training alone for at least a few days. Saudi Sportswashing Machine looks way too soon for them.

Not sure why the 9 players involved in the World Cup were given 3 weeks rest. 2 weeks rest should have been enough. They should have come back last week instead of just a week before the season starts. With us not signing any new players, Pochettino should have asked the 9 players to come back early and get ready for the new season. Sometimes I feel Pochettino is being too nice to the players.

Not sure why the 9 players involved in the World Cup were given 3 weeks rest. 2 weeks rest should have been enough. They should have come back last week instead of just a week before the season starts. With us not signing any new players, Pochettino should have asked the 9 players to come back early and get ready for the new season. Sometimes I feel Pochettino is being too nice to the players.

The time to judge this is in January/February and see how they are looking then. In the meantime, I am more likely to trust Poch And the club's medical/sports science team to assess this than you. Poch being too nice? Is this the same Poch who is famed for working players very hard in pre-season?

I'm not sure we have that option. Whilst Saudi Sportswashing Machine are having as bad a window as we are, its still a game we need to take seriously and win. In some positions (eg full back and the '3' behind the CF) we have enough quality from non World Cup players, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Vertonghen and Dier start and then 2-3 others on the bench. A couple of match fit arrivals in the next 2.5 days would be helpful, even if they were unfamiliar with our squad and tactics!

Two weeks? They should have been doing double sessions during the world cup.

Well one positive that can come from minimal player turnover during the transfer window is that the players shouldn't need to do too much team work in training, so training alone shouldn't be the end of the world as long as they have some fitness about them

Well one positive that can come from minimal player turnover during the transfer window is that the players shouldn't need to do too much team work in training, so training alone shouldn't be the end of the world as long as they have some fitness about them

Aside from which, the team is so settled we only really need a couple of additions to add to it - for whom it should be easy to slot into.

Continuity is a major advantage for sides.

We're going to win the league?

What's the latest on the CMs?

Dier - Up to speed?
Demeble - ?
Winks - injured?
Wanyama - injured?
Sissoko - injured?

JG straight in if signed!? Either that or Eriksen/Alli could drop in.

It is really stupid that Atletico V Inter match that will decide who win the ICC is being played 1 day after we play our first match of the season. We can't even celebrate if we do win the ICC as we will be concentrating on the new season. With 6 English teams, including us, getting involved in the ICC, they should have completed the pre-season trophy before the new PL season started.

Back