• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Starmer is not too bad at PMQs actually. I've watched him pull Boris apart on a few occasions. Raynor may be more suited to tomorrow's inevitable topics though.

Starmers problem is that he is to easy for boris to, well just be boris and bumble his way through it and smirk it off.
Rayner makes boris look like the out of his depth fool he is, she is sharp and fairly concise, for a politician at least.

Be honest, is anyone really surprised when it comes to Boris anymore? Him and Trump are remarkably similar and unique in the sense that they can get away with things that seemingly any other leader in western politics cannot. Fully expect him to get away with this like he gets away with everything else.

They don't get away with it, they just don't care.

It's certainly all getting a bit 'Last days of the German Democratic Republic'. We've got a government who do as they please, energy problems and rising inflation. Heck, we've even got shortages in the shops.

But hey - we have taken back control.

Starmer is not too bad at PMQs actually. I've watched him pull Boris apart on a few occasions. Raynor may be more suited to tomorrow's inevitable topics though.

He has done in the past, but I think less so recently, or at least Boris knows how to deal with it now - just shout something-something-captain-hindsight and the tory backbenchers cheer and catcall and he laughs and bumbles and ignores the actual question and blusters on about something different.
PMQs doesn't mean anything now as Boris treats it with such contempt, so it's become little more than theatre. And (as you say), given that this week's PMQs will no doubt headline on tomorrow evening's news, I think Rayner will make a better job of the whole charade.

Be honest, is anyone really surprised when it comes to Boris anymore? Him and Trump are remarkably similar and unique in the sense that they can get away with things that seemingly any other leader in western politics cannot. Fully expect him to get away with this like he gets away with everything else.

His own party will take him down, that's the only way it will happen. Probably sooner rather than later, judging by how they all no-showed for the urgent question about his conduct this afternoon

He has done in the past, but I think less so recently, or at least Boris knows how to deal with it now - just shout something-something-captain-hindsight and the tory backbenchers cheer and catcall and he laughs and bumbles and ignores the actual question and blusters on about something different.
PMQs doesn't mean anything now as Boris treats it with such contempt, so it's become little more than theatre. And (as you say), given that this week's PMQs will no doubt headline on tomorrow evening's news, I think Rayner will make a better job of the whole charade.
Agree. This pretty much describes last week's PMQs where Rayner was questioning him at the time too. Say something bombastic about '....getting on with...' something or other that is irrelevant to the question. Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge is all he has now.

Yes, I have been very impressed with Raynor. She has the measure of the entire Tory front bench, not that it would be too difficult.
If true that would be incredibly damning for the Conservative party.

I suspect it has more to do with how much time, effort and attention are given to uncontrolled outbursts from such a manc, intellectual peasant.

If true that would be incredibly damning for the Conservative party.

I suspect it has more to do with how much time, effort and attention are given to uncontrolled outbursts from such a manc, intellectual peasant.

She smashes the Tories pretty much every time she speaks in the House. Her delight in dismantling that Tory intellectual heavy weight Dominic Raab was a delight to see. If you consider her to be an 'intellectual peasant', what does that say about the Tories?

She smashes the Tories pretty much every time she speaks in the House. Her delight in dismantling that Tory intellectual heavy weight Dominic Raab was a delight to see. If you consider her to be an 'intellectual peasant', what does that say about the Tories?
The ones they put up against her are pretty awful.

That says plenty about the disdain with which she's treated though. Perhaps if she acted more like an MP and less like a council estate mum she'd be taken more seriously.

This county would be in a better place if the council estate mums were in charge imo.
It would be amusing to the the Commons full of tracksuits and Croydon facelifts.

I suspect the novelty would wear off fairly quickly though. I would also need PMQs subtitled.

This county would be in a better place if the council estate mums were in charge imo.

gonad*s. I am from a council estate, back when a few of them worked. This current generation of council estate mothers want to get benefits and then sit watching loose women and going through Instagram. I have known plenty of them. They talk a good game about working hard but they never do.

To get this country back to what it was the best version of itself you completely cut benefits and put the money saved into adult education. If the indigenous population don't want it let the 10,000 economic migrants coming across on dinghies a day take up the free education. Say something for them they all want to make something of themselves, or the ones I met do.

Then send the benefit scum to some hell hole like Scotland.

Back