• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Whose outpouring of misanthropic spite are you quoting, unacknowledged?

Some lay in the Telegraph.

You are absolutely right. Nothing to see there.

Thing is I don't see the former red wall voters going back to Labour so I guess the inability to clampdown on the issue means we will have to welcome the far right into our political conversation because that is where people will go.

Maybe we can ferry economic migrants away from the bright lights of the South East and politicians and media soundbites and put them somewhere more fitting e.g. the abandoned wastelands of Wales or the far North; ask them to set up camp there and help to recharge those economies with cheap labour?

Sometimes, it’s the small details that reveal the scale of the problem. Last week, it was revealed that a Dover branch of Domino’s was forced to close after Border Force officers ordered 700 pizzas to feed migrants who had crossed the Channel. On November 10, some 703 migrants landed on the Kent coast. The next day, there were a record 1,185 arrivals. Total cost of pizza: £7,000. That was on top of 3,000 chicken shish kebabs ordered from takeaway places across the county. Then, oh joy, up trundled two burger vans, apparently ordered by Border Force after migrants complained that the kebabs had been “cold”. Will you scream or shall I? I know, let’s do a group scream at the ingratitude and iniquity of it all.

A note on another £1,789 pizza order in October said: “Purchased by Clandestine Operational Response Team for use at Tug Haven, where we have migrants arriving on small boats.” Back in August 2020, Priti Patel, the Home Secretary, made Dan O’Mahoney the “Clandestine Channel Threat Commander”. The title sounded imposing, promisingly military. We were told Mr O’Mahoney was responsible for “making the Channel route unviable for small boat crossings” including stronger enforcement measures and “adopting interceptions at sea and the direct return of boats”. Terrific. As far as I can remember, there was no mention of authorising the purchase of several hundred Domino’s Stuffed Crusts.

When news of the pizza purchase was leaked, a source said that, in future, Border Force would be making payments for migrants’ food in amounts of £500 and under. Because those would not have to be disclosed. Presumably, it has occurred to the Clandestine Channel Threat Commander that the public would not be amused to learn how much of their money is being lavished on fast food while veterans who sleep on our streets have to rely on soup kitchens for sustenance and, every day now, anxious people are calling their energy provider to check that their horrendous gas bill is correct. (It is.) There will be no Domino’s this winter for those families. They can’t afford it because they’re not asylum seekers; they just live here.

Almost 25,000 economic migrants, or “asylum seekers”, have made that Channel crossing so far this year. And how many have been sent back? Five. Not 500, not 50. Five. It beggars belief.

The broken asylum system costs more than £1 billion a year. The latest Home Office figures show that even before the recent arrivals, 125,000 cases were being considered. Of those, 5,900 were awaiting the outcome of a never-ending legal appeal (what Ms Patel calls “the merry-go-round”), with around 39,500 waiting to be deported. In 2013, some 47,000 failed asylum seekers and foreign criminals were deported. This dropped to a low of 8,000 last year. Mind you, that looks positively competent compared to 2021’s grand total of five. With the asylum process in meltdown and migrants being schooled to game the system, I think it’s becoming pretty clear that it is the British people who are, in a very real sense, the Stuffed Crust.

What is astonishing, apart from the pizza bill, is that this serious threat to national security is presented as if it were merely a political embarrassment or an issue of migrant welfare. The Labour Party, which should be defending the interests of the poor who bear the brunt of immigration in the shape of overcrowded housing, schools and hospitals, is about as much use as a chocolate Santa in a smelting furnace. The Government may be all at sea (sadly not in a gunboat), but at least its stated aim is to deter economic migrants. Labour says it wants to create “safe routes”, that is to actually facilitate the traffic from France. This week, Shadow Home Secretary, Nick Ungoed-Thomas, accused Priti Patel of “dangerous incompetence” saying, “We’ve seen a 292 pc increase in people risking their lives in small boats crossing the Channel.”

Seriously, that’s what Labour thinks is the danger here. Migrants risking their lives? What about the potential risk to British men, women and children posed by young guys from Iraq, Syria and Iran who destroy their documents deliberately to make it harder to challenge their status as refugees? Young guys who have probably seen that advert posted on Instagram by people-smugglers promising that if they convert to Christianity when they get to the UK they can win asylum “in the shortest possible time with the lowest possible cost”. They can even expect assistance, as The Telegraph has revealed, from gullible clergymen who christen wolves when they should be ministering to their flock.

All I can say is the Home Office must have breathed a huge sigh of relief last week when a failed asylum seeker and Christian convert by

I’m just pleased we’ve got control of our borders back.

I think the main issue is actually a sense of fair play. I think compassion to welcome those in need is large. But there's intolerance for those who have cheated the system (in the sense of economic migrants pushing themselves ahead of those genuinely fleeing war and persecution). Particularly those who have travelled through at least 4-5 perfectly safe countries first, that's just tinkle taking.

I think most people would happily see us take double the overall amount of people if they were brought directly out of UN camps around the world, in exchange for turning away every single one arriving by boat.

I think the main issue is actually a sense of fair play. I think compassion to welcome those in need is large. But there's intolerance for those who have cheated the system (in the sense of economic migrants pushing themselves ahead of those genuinely fleeing war and persecution). Particularly those who have travelled through at least 4-5 perfectly safe countries first, that's just tinkle taking.

I think most people would happily see us take double the overall amount of people if they were brought directly out of UN camps around the world, in exchange for turning away every single one arriving by boat.

That is exactly it word for word mate.

Don't know anyone who is against people fleeing wars being allowed in.

Maybe we can ferry economic migrants away from the bright lights of the South East and politicians and media soundbites and put them somewhere more fitting e.g. the abandoned wastelands of Wales or the far North; ask them to set up camp there and help to recharge those economies with cheap labour?
That must be made up of all kinds of human rights violations.

I suspect most would rather be returned to the war torn wastelands from which they've escaped than spend time in Wales or the North.

Surely you can understand why they are fleeing the EU countries too?

;)
I know you're trying to be funny but it is obviously purely about money.

I mean everyone knows we are a horrible racist country. Worst in Europe if not the world.

A country wanting self determination and governance is so obviously a bad thing. I personally have no issues with Europe, Italy is my favourite country to visit.

But if you can not see the issues with uncontrolled migration then I think you will have some large disappointments coming your way. Brexit can be linked back to the idiot Cameron not giving us a referendum on the Lisbon treaty. Prime Minister Farage(coalition) will be linked back to this.

On that note 27 people drowned trying to cross the channel today.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/a...s-drown-in-the-channel-trying-to-reach-the-uk

It sounds worse than that. 27 bodies have been recovered but it is being said that there were possibly 50 people on the boat.

It is a tragedy that has been in the making for a good while.
Hopefully the British and the French can put the politics and point scoring to one side and find a solution. I have no idea what that would be, but a tragedy of this enormity must be enough to do something.

It sounds worse than that. 27 bodies have been recovered but it is being said that there were possibly 50 people on the boat.

It is a tragedy that has been in the making for a good while.
Hopefully the British and the French can put the politics and point scoring to one side and find a solution. I have no idea what that would be, but a tragedy of this enormity must be enough to do something.

The Alan Kurdi case a few years ago caused quite a big rethink in the Mediterranean, so hopefully

Back