• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Apparently a lot of the younger pro Corbyn voters are shifting to the greens, could see Labour savaged from both sides if their more traditional voters and younger people both move away.

Where did I blame anybody else? The critics have a go, whatever Labour do. Corbyn... too far to the left...Starmer a man who stands for nothing. But over here we have Boris Johnson. Oh my lord!
Uk is heading to a single-party state if it keeps on the current trajectory, especially if Scotland exits the UK. The left is too fractured. Brexit is forever in UK politics now and every election Norsefire will roll out the anti-EU stuff, send out a gunboat or two, and rile up the MEGAS. Sado-populism is a winning formula for the hard right.

Last edited:
Uk is heading to a single-party state if it keeps on the current trajectory, especially if Scotland exit the UK. The left is too fractured. Brexit is forever in UK politics now and every election Norsefire will roll out the anti-EU stuff, send out a gunboat or two, and rile up the MEGAS. Sado-populism is a winning formula for the hard right.

You also missed off the boundary changes the Tories will push through to "reduce MPs" but in reality, make it a cycle of Tory over Tory for the remainder of our lives.

Yay.

You also missed off the boundary changes the Tories will push through to "reduce MPs" but in reality, make it a cycle of Tory over Tory for the remainder of our lives.

Yay.
Labour need to forge an election pact, somehow squeak into power and change to PR voting. Not likely to happen I would think but certainly the only way I can see past the Tory/Brexit party merger.

Last edited:
Uk is heading to a single-party state if it keeps on the current trajectory, especially if Scotland exit the UK. The left is too fractured. Brexit is forever in UK politics now and every election Norsefire will roll out the anti-EU stuff, send out a gunboat or two, and rile up the MEGAS. Sado-populism is a winning formula for the hard right.

yep, I think there is certainly a Brexit double down effect going on in

Labour need to forge an election pact, somehow squeak into power and change to PR voting. Not likely to happen I would think but certainly the only way I can see past the Tory/Brexit party merger.

I voted Labour today. Labour do not need to get into power through back handed measures and then change the voting system to suit them (you have had a go many times at Trump for doing similar) Labour need to get in touch with voters and the aspirational class.

To win not be far left or metropolitan elite but get back in touch with the normal working people. I am amazed Labour have done so badly after the tory response to the pandemic but the is a reason that and the fact that Johnson lied about his affair and wallpaper stuff has not had an impact.

People I guess don't care about that stuff, people like you and others who pay for news online and want to cross every T and dot every I might but the general public don't. I believe the only way the tories lose the next election is if the economy tanks.

I say this as someone who as long as no Labour leader campaigns to rejoin the EU is a solid Labour voter as I believe they will lead to a fairer Britain.

Labour have a publicity problem. Boris, Trump and others understand that all publicity gets you familiar with voters.

People don’t know who Labour are anymore, never mind what they stand for or what they can offer. Stamer could do worse than dressing up in a pink dinosaur suit or getting caught up in a benign sex scandal or affair. Point being people won’t engage with him unless he pulls a few stunts and puts himself on the map.

It maybe a sad inditement of modern life and peoples attention spans, but its reality and Stamer is coming from far behind Boris' engagement and familiarity. Labour don’t have a clue about this, they are stuck talking about polilcies.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57019456

ThE tOrIeS oNlY wOn In 2019 BeCaUsE oF bReXiT

But the Brexit Party previously took 26% of the GE vote in 2019 in Hartlepool...So they just went back to the 'other' Brexit party which is the Conservatives.

don't think it's as cut and dry to say it's purely down to Brexit either though. The vaccine rollout and support from the vast majority of news outlets being right wing has kept the Tories in good favour.

Done a sterling job of ignoring the 127,000 deaths and the Tories handing out money to their chums on a weekly basis.

But the Brexit Party previously took 26% of the GE vote in 2019 in Hartlepool...So they just went back to the 'other' Brexit party which is the Conservatives.

don't think it's as cut and dry to say it's purely down to Brexit either though. The vaccine rollout and support from the vast majority of news outlets being right wing has kept the Tories in good favour.

Done a sterling job of ignoring the 127,000 deaths and the Tories handing out money to their chums on a weekly basis.

I’m with you on a previous post about this. These people don’t help themselves. Good luck to them.

Back