• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

It’s not just the physical food, for vulnerable kids checking in with schools can be important too.

Should we look out for young people who are not being looked after? This government doesn’t think so. It’s a false economy, as a kid who is fed and receives some care and attention might not go on to be as screwed up on benefits or locked up in later life. Is this something the Torys are good at? Not traditionally, but these lot promised to ‘level up’. At least we know now that this was more guff with no content.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It’s not just the physical food, for vulnerable kids checking in with schools can be important too.

Should we look out for young people who are not being looked after? This government doesn’t think so. It’s a false economy, as a kid who is fed and receives some care and attention might not go on to be as screwed up on benefits or locked up in later life. Is this something the Torys are good at? Not traditionally, but these lot promised to ‘level up’. At least we know now that this was more guff with no content.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

For anything to be effective you need to be able to get to route causes of issues in the adult or where health is an issue support them t so they can be a positive influence on the child too which is important. So if that's help against addiction or required work skill training or what evers needed only then things change for the good. Anything else is just short term solutions to wider issues in society.

If you have ever been to a food bank and met the folk who need help you wouldn't think they were scroungers beyond a tiny percentage. Real people who have fallen in to poverty due to brick circumstances. Honestly go and volunteer and see for yourself. I've seen women in hostels who have escaped violent relationships with young children who do not get enough to feed themselves or their kids.
I've just put some numbers into the Universal Credit calculator.

A single mum, living outside London with a kid will get nearly £800 (tax free) per month, plus rent costs. I'd say that's a good chunk more than a lot of people have left after tax and mortgage payments in the South East.

Obviously there will be exceptions where people fall through the cracks but that's plenty to feed and clothe a family.

A single mum, living outside London with a kid will get nearly £800 (tax free) per month, plus rent costs. I'd say that's a good chunk more than a lot of people have left after tax and mortgage payments in the South East.

Obviously there will be exceptions where people fall through the cracks but that's plenty to feed and clothe a family.

That’s a lot less per annum than you’ve stated is required to be able to live in London ;)

That’s a lot less per annum than you’ve stated is required to be able to live in London ;)
Living outside London.

Although if I can't afford to live in an area, I just don't live in that area.

You might be surprised just how many places I don't live for that reason.

Last edited:

That's not enough money to cover a basic lifestyle. People need more. Basic things like car and utilities and essentials easily top that.

For anything to be effective you need to be able to get to route causes of issues in the adult or where health is an issue support them t so they can be a positive influence on the child too which is important. So if that's help against addiction or required work skill training or what evers needed only then things change for the good. Anything else is just short term solutions to wider issues in society.

A kid who hasn't eaten a proper meal in two or thee days isn't interested in the 'root cause' of his hunger. He just wants some food. As far as the irresponsibility of parents is concerned, that is irrelevant. The kids aren't to blame. Gee, the neo liberal idea of the undeserving poor really has taken hold of some on here. Thatcher would be proud!

A kid who hasn't eaten a proper meal in two or thee days isn't interested in the 'root cause' of his hunger. He just wants some food. As far as the irresponsibility of parents is concerned, that is irrelevant. The kids aren't to blame. Gee, the neo liberal idea of the undeserving poor really has taken hold of some on here. Thatcher would be proud!

I'm not saying they should and I don't think any kid should go hungry so let's pretend I'm saying anything different here because I'm not.

I'm saying the government should deal with the problem at hand whilst working out longer term plans that means kids are not plunged into poverty in the first place.

Supporting the poor isn't just money its supporting therm to help them get back to work, help them overcome mental health issues, help them overcome addiction, improve opportunities and help them to provide a platform where child poverty is less likely and kids have a role model in life which means the cycle doesn't continue for that child when they reach adulthood. I'm not sure how that view can be perceived as under serving the poor but I'm sure someone will manipulate it so suggest otherwise

Last edited:

Food banks! Community hubs! Headteachers scrambling around for food parcels! Church groups! Call off your efforts immediately! Scara’s done his figures! UK poverty doesn’t actually exist!

Food banks! Community hubs! Headteachers scrambling around for food parcels! Church groups! Call off your efforts immediately! Scara’s done his figures! UK poverty doesn’t actually exist!
Shouldn't, not doesn't.

The government provides more than enough to get by.

Edit:
We provide - obviously the govt doesn't have any money to give.

That's not enough money to cover a basic lifestyle. People need more. Basic things like car and utilities and essentials easily top that.
That's what jobs are for.

The govt should (and does) provide enough to get by, people can work for the rest.

I'm not saying they should and I don't think any kid should go hungry so let's pretend I'm saying anything different here because I'm not.

I'm saying the government should deal with the problem at hand whilst working out longer term plans that means kids are not plunged into poverty in the first place.

Supporting the poor isn't just money its supporting therm to help them get back to work, help them overcome mental health issues, help them overcome addiction, improve opportunities and help them to provide a platform where child poverty is less likely and kids have a role model in life which means the cycle doesn't continue for that child when they reach adulthood. I'm not sure how that view can be perceived as under serving the poor but I'm sure someone will manipulate it so suggest otherwise

So you can't have both? Does it have to be one or the other?

What about that female Tory with the weird name who said that any business that donated food to kids should not expect to receive any further aid from the government? You can not make this brick up. fudging robots they are. Selaine Saxby, only Tories give their kids these bull brick names. No wonder they are so weird.

That's what jobs are for.

The govt should (and does) provide enough to get by, people can work for the rest.

This is disingenuous. People who can't get jobs once they lose their job or their circumstances change end up below the poverty line. And this will be the case for a large portion of those who need Foodbanks.

The government are not doing enough now during this pandemic and they haven't done enough over the last decade. I expect no more from Tories but we can't deny they do not give a fek about the poor. They never have.

This is disingenuous. People who can't get jobs once they lose their job or their circumstances change end up below the poverty line. And this will be the case for a large portion of those who need Foodbanks.

The government are not doing enough now during this pandemic and they haven't done enough over the last decade. I expect no more from Tories but we can't deny they do not give a fek about the poor. They never have.
I posted what's available to anyone wishing to claim government benefits.

It's certainly not an amount of want to live on but it's enough. That's all we need to be paying for.

Well Covid has established one thing at least. Just how much the Tories hate the poor. They want all the money! They can't spare any for starving kids, because they have to shovel more out to their spiv mate consultants in the privatized NHS. Consultants are getting 7000 quid a day. They are loving Covid.

I agree with most of that but the undeserving poor is not neo liberal rhetoric its a right wing stance always has been.

Back