• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Agree, not a fan of Putin's buddies playing tennis with the PM.
That was small change wasn't it? At least in comparison to the £Ms given by hardcore extremist lefty unions.

I think a cap of somewhere around £0.5M from any individual or group would be a huge improvement.

How the hell do the Tories get away with this corruption? Imagaine the uproar if a Labour government did this? I'll say it again the bar is set much, much lower for the Tories.

Because the majority of the country were told their biggest problems lie with the EU and until we leave this "evil group" our lives will be terrible and the only people to save us from this are the Tories.

Because the majority of the country were told their biggest problems lie with the EU and until we leave this "evil group" our lives will be terrible and the only people to save us from this are the Tories.
That's not how they get away with it at all - it's way deeper.
They get away with it as a result of an education system that pre graduate level has eradicated teaching and promoting critical thinking, economics, politics and philosophy, so it's possible for the Tory party and it's associated media friends to pass off the lazy propoganda you mention to easily influenced people that live in a world of fast information, consumerism as identity and the resultant squeezed disposable income that they forget/forgo the need to use the mass information they have available to them for research.

I think there is a book about it.

What a load of gonad*s, the Torys have always looked after those with money, you just have bee in your bonnet about Brexit. In fact you must be in cahoots with another member on here who can not let it go either.

What a load of gonad*s, the Torys have always looked after those with money, you just have bee in your bonnet about Brexit. In fact you must be in cahoots with another member on here who can not let it go either.

Mentions it once a day without fail regardless how tenuous the link

I missed you too. How many years on we still don’t know what Brexit itself will be. So while some would like to sweep it under carpet, it’s still extremely topical. It should be an exciting time if you believe in it no?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
How the hell do the Tories get away with this corruption? Imagaine the uproar if a Labour government did this? I'll say it again the bar is set much, much lower for the Tories.

biggest problems lie with the EU and until we leave this "evil group" our lives will be terrible and the only people to save us from this are the Tories.

Mentions it once a day without fail regardless how tenuous the link

biggest problems lie with the EU and until we leave this "evil group" our lives will be terrible and the only people to save us from this are the Tories.

I have been against Brexit as I dont believe it is good for my country. But since the last election, I fully accepted it would happen and genuinely want it to be a success... I would be a complete idiot not to want it to be a success, as this is where I and most of my family live and where most of my investments are.

However, I am s hitting myself at the thought of this (who now have proved themselves) completely incompetent government handling this.

How do you long time Brexiteers feel about this?

I have been against Brexit as I dont believe it is good for my country. But since the last election, I fully accepted it would happen and genuinely want it to be a success... I would be a complete idiot not to want it to be a success, as this is where I and most of my family live and where most of my investments are.

However, I am s hitting myself at the thought of this (who now have proved themselves) completely incompetent government handling this.

How do you long time Brexiteers feel about this?

I think it was going to be short term pain for long term gain

Thing is now its going to be impossible to judge success or failure for a fair length of time due to Covid

I honestly find it staggering that anyone would want to shut down debate (in a thread about politics) on the most consequential event that has happened to the Uk since the war. And actually, it hasn't even happened yet. I understand not wanting to rehash the referendum arguments. I get that, they have been done to death, but let's not pretend it isn't happening ffs. Stating that is a fait accompli and there is no need to discuss it is beyond bizarre IMO.

I honestly find it staggering that anyone would want to shut down debate (in a thread about politics) on the most consequential event that has happened to the Uk since the war. And actually, it hasn't even happened yet. I understand not wanting to rehash the referendum arguments. I get that, they have been done to death, but let's not pretend it isn't happening ffs. Stating that is a fait accompli and there is no need to discuss it is beyond bizarre IMO.

Isn't it a fait accompli though?
Should a govt be elected on a ditch brexit ticket would the EU have us back?
Especially if it was a close thing like the ref vote, it could lead to an hokey cokey in out series of election flip flops were no one would know what the fudge was going on.

I think it was going to be short term pain for long term gain

Thing is now its going to be impossible to judge success or failure for a fair length of time due to Covid

How short term? How long term are we talking 5 years? 10 years 50 years?

50 years is no good to be bruv, I love the wisky too much

How short term? How long term are we talking 5 years? 10 years 50 years?

50 years is no good to be bruv, I love the wisky too much

In fairness, even if I didn't, 50 years would be pushing it as I'm in my early 40s

Back