• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake."

Why should Labour commit to policies now, would be foolish? Next GE isn't until 2024, so they can rightly just be non-commital on things whilst Boris and the Government continually drop one gonad* after another. That's politics, as if any other party anywhere in the world would do differently.

Why should Labour commit to policies now, would be foolish? Next GE isn't until 2024, so they can rightly just be non-commital on things whilst Boris and the Government continually drop one gonad* after another. That's politics, as if any other party anywhere in the world would do differently.

Too right, they have 4 years till the next election and any policies now wouldn't get much coverage anyway. Far better to wait and slowly build up a platform, probably has a year or 2 till they need to start formulating something firm.

Some of the shadow cabinet do seem a bit poor, reading Annelise Dodds columns and speeches she comes across a bit weak.

Too right, they have 4 years till the next election and any policies now wouldn't get much coverage anyway. Far better to wait and slowly build up a platform, probably has a year or 2 till they need to start formulating something firm.

Some of the shadow cabinet do seem a bit poor, reading Annelise Dodds columns and speeches she comes across a bit weak.

Agree but closer to election they need to show band

The flip flop from Corbyn on Brexit cost him

Commit to nothing until the last three weeks of the campaign and even then hedge your bets. The Tories get away with it at every election.

They shouldn't - this is absolutely the right tactic.

My issue is with the feeble minded who believe Labour telling us the answer after the event is them getting it right.

They will need policies in a few years - that's when I think the red mentals and the students will make their lives difficult.

Right now Labour (and specifically Starmer) doing the right thing by showing how different Keir and the new team are to Corbyn. Whether the Corbynites like to admit it (or not), that is absolutely the right tactic. Any new Leader would have to have done the same after the last few results under Corbyn.

Oh, and bet Chuka Umunna is absolutely kicking himself. He can't return now, the turnaround would be farcical after he came out as "Lib Dem is where i will stay etc" but he would have been a key player under Starmer if he was in Labour and still holding a seat.

Oh, and bet Chuka Umunna is absolutely kicking himself. He can't return now, the turnaround would be farcical after he came out as "Lib Dem is where i will stay etc" but he would have been a key player under Starmer if he was in Labour and still holding a seat.

I think he can come back, the party is headed in a completely different direction now.

I think he can come back, the party is headed in a completely different direction now.

respectfully disagree, he'd get shot down from both the left and the right:

"This is it now — I'm not going to any other party — this is the party I'll be a member of until the day I die."

Pity as think he'd have been a great asset under Starmer and the new Labour direction we're seeing, but he's done politically now.

"This is it now — I'm not going to any other party — this is the party I'll be a member of until the day I die."

Pity as think he'd have been a great asset under Starmer and the new Labour direction we're seeing, but he's done politically now.

Shows how much Corbyn messed up Labour

strong opinions loosely held are better than loose opinions strongly held imo

As a minority likely to vote Labour, i think it depends where you sit politically. I had this convo with a staunch Corbynite a while back who hates Blair and New Labour and would happily bend over for Corbyn.

I asked him "isn't getting Labour into power, and maybe getting 20% of what you want from a more centrist candidate, better than supporting Corbyn and winning nothing". Ultimately in my view, 20% of something is better than 100% of nothing i guess.

Anyway, to the point at hand, will Keir and Labour give every iota of every demand from every facet of the country (rich, poor, black, white etc). No. Will he be better than the Tories? for me 100%.

As a minority i have to accept i won't get everything i want, but i won't get that from any political party. I just want to think "you know what, they're doing a good job and they're not total arseholes". I couldn't say that under Corbyn, and i definitely can't say it with our current government, so hopefully Starmer and Labour provides that.

I won't get the world, nor should i. But an improvement? I'm all for that. And that's what Momentum and the left of Labour need to realise. Something is better than nothing, and actively fighting against Starmer, will leave Labour with nothing and yet another 5 years of Tory rule.

As a minority likely to vote Labour, i think it depends where you sit politically. I had this convo with a staunch Corbynite a while back who hates Blair and New Labour and would happily bend over for Corbyn.

I asked him "isn't getting Labour into power, and maybe getting 20% of what you want from a more centrist candidate, better than supporting Corbyn and winning nothing". Ultimately in my view, 20% of something is better than 400% of nothing i guess.

Anyway, to the point at hand, will Keir and Labour give every iota of every demand from every facet of the country (rich, poor, black, white etc). No. Will he be better than the Tories? for me 400%.

As a minority i have to accept i won't get everything i want, but i won't get that from any political party. I just want to think "you know what, they're doing a good job and they're not total arseholes". I couldn't say that under Corbyn, and i definitely can't say it with our current government, so hopefully Starmer and Labour provides that.

I won't get the world, nor should i. But an improvement? I'm all for that. And that's what Momentum and the left of Labour need to realise. Something is better than nothing, and actively fighting against Starmer, will leave Labour with nothing and yet another 5 years of Tory rule.

And the fact is Starmer hasn't said anything of controversy that should make minorities feel let down. It's Media hatchet job over nothing

Although we might be considered opposites that is also why I'm voting labour next time. I just think they will likely do more of the things I want then any other party.

As long as we leave and stay out of the EU that is.

Although we might be considered opposites that is also why I'm voting labour next time. I just think they will likely do more of the things I want then any other party.

As long as we leave and stay out of the EU that is.

Absolutely zero chance of Starmer trying to take us back into the EU. The Lib Dems set fire to themselves with that one.

Back