• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Made huge investments in Education with new schools, Early Year Learning and commitment to the Health Service with new hospitals for me are to be applauded. Took Britain into the modern world in terms of intergration and acceptance. Was good with the minimum wage issues too.

Made huge investments in Education with new schools, Early Year Learning and commitment to the Health Service with new hospitals for me are to be applauded. Took Britain into the modern world in terms of intergration and acceptance. Was good with the minimum wage issues too.

Sold the family silver to the private sector. Short term cash boosts in exchange for crippling PFIs and masses of public money now perennially enriching shareholders.

Sold the family silver to the private sector. Short term cash boosts in exchange for crippling PFIs and masses of public money now perennially enriching shareholders.

At least they tried things but the current Labour Party have and will do sweet fanny Adams!

So Labour have really taken the bait and are showing their petty, personal attack politics towards the new group.
If they are like this in public, what are they like behind the scenes?

Wonder how long until the Tories do the same?

Cooperation politics could score alot of brownie points right now

The UK will never be able to compete in the automotive industry long term because the country does not produce cars competitively against the Chinese and Japanese. So we should concentrate on what we are good at and where opportunity lies which is the services industries. Banking, Financial, Regulation, Tourism. Being out of the EU will allow us to set our own tax levels on tourists and take advantage of the fact that countries such as Italy, Spain and Greece who are traditional tourist destinations suffer and have the highest level of youth unemployment since in years if not ever.

Whats also interesting is despite this whole “Honda is leaving due to Brexit” another Japanese car manufacturer decides to build its newest car here still? Surely they follow Honda out the UK for the same reasons if Brexit is to be believed for their leaving?

Like all passages in history there might be a need to reskill but we are moving into the tech age, Google, Snapchat, Apple, SoftBank are all investing in the UK and why foreign investment in the UK technology industry has doubled in recent years.

Its all well and good being full of doom and gloom but the funny part is by highlighting the Honda issues whilst reading between the lines (superman) you ignored Gove announcing food priced increase due to Brexit

We're a bit lost. You said there was "major pcokets of opportunity for services and tourism" from Brexit. I was encouraged by the good news, and asked if you could say what these oppotunies were. You have come back with:

"Being out of the EU will allow us to set our own tax levels on tourists and take advantage of the fact that countries such as Italy, Spain and Greece who are traditional tourist destinations suffer and have the highest level of youth unemployment since in years if not ever."

What taxes are you talking about?? You were the one who said there was "major oppotunity" but you don't seem able to outline it. Does it actually exist?

---

Your other points.

• Making cars in the UK - in 2016 the UK was the most successful it has ever been making cars. Most were exported, helping our ballance of payments, providing high skilled jobs. The industry is an asset for the UK. What are you reffering to "another Japanese car manufacturer decides to build its newst car here still"? Nissan did say they were going to, but just cancelled building their newest car here.
  • Yes Tech companies are a big grorth area in London. How will Brexit help/hinder them? i run one so might be able to provide some first hand info if you're interested.
  • There are many facets to Brexit, almost none of them seem to be positive. We are already paying 15% odd on imported goods so increased prices for food wouldn't be good, but personally I think that would be short term. The 15-20% due to the pound might stay though if Brexit happens.

What taxes are you talking about?? You were the one who said there was "major oppotunity" but you don't seem able to outline it. Does it actually exist?

Your other points.

• Making cars in the UK - in 2016 the UK was the most successful it has ever been making cars. Most were exported, helping our ballance of payments, providing high skilled jobs. The industry is an asset for the UK. What are you reffering to "another Japanese car manufacturer decides to build its newst car here still"? Nissan did say they were going to, but just cancelled building their newest car here.
  • Yes Tech companies are a big grorth area in London. How will Brexit help/hinder them? i run one so might be able to provide some first hand info if you're interested.
  • There are many facets to Brexit, almost none of them seem to be positive. We are already paying 15% odd on imported goods so increased prices for food wouldn't be good, but personally I think that would be short term. The 15-20% due to the pound might stay though if Brexit happens.

The EU enforces a minimum 15% VAT which we can play around with which can galvanise the industry, thats one of the main points to it. The tourist Industry which is my business actually has been lobbying it for years. This would allow hotels, restaurants, pubs and visitor attractions to cut prices, boosting sales and employment in this sector, which in turn would encourage growth in the wider economy Tourism which is a much larger industry in the UK than car manufacturing.

On the other points:

- Toyota are building their new Corolla here, that started in Jan post Brexit, so it can be done. I would still suggest that with Honda being as low as 16th in the ranking of car popularity in the UK and only selling 148,000 units in Europe compared to 2m+ in each of North America and Asia is the main factor in all this. They are also the last dog to the bone in the EV market, their 2019 car is being pushed further back.

- Well thats yet to be seen and its an area I am no expert in but I would suggest Google know better than me, they are creating 3000 jobs in the city with their investment so Brexit has not put off that industry. Amazon and Apple have also made significant investments in the industry in the UK, surely they would not do such a thing if the talent pool was poor or there might be financial issues to navigate?

Not being in the EU also makesit easier to bail out companies like Tata Steel who are now able to make more jobs available in the British Steel industry, thats always a positive dont you think?

I must have missed that. I only saw a militaristic, religious zealot, federalist, spendthrift. I think the country declined significantly socially and economically, particularly from about 2000/2001
Spendthrift is a bit harsh....

So Labour have really taken the bait and are showing their petty, personal attack politics towards the new group.
If they are like this in public, what are they like behind the scenes?

Wonder how long until the Tories do the same?

Cooperation politics could score alot of brownie points right now
I'm sure I read earlier that a Labour MP has accused them of being funded by Israel :D

Setting aside the war in Iraq, PFI etc etc generations of Labour voters in Midlands/North believe Blair sold them out putting supplying business with cheap workers ahead of their right to work and a fair wage. Ally their deep seated grievances to libertarian UK as 51st staters = powerful driving force for Brexit for very different reasons.

Back