• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PODCAST - The Game Is About Glory - The Thick Of It

milo

Jack L. Jones
Episode 19

This week, The Game Is About Glory team tip-toe around the elephant in the room, play the “say something positive” game, realise that Malcolm Tucker is involved in matters and ponder where Kane will be this summer.

@thfcsteff, @Moby , @GPRD81 and @milo discuss:
  • Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 3 Manchester United
  • The Athletic's Harry Kane story
  • A forward look to Everton

We'd really appreciate it if you could find time to leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts or help spread the word on social media.

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...ibGljL3Nob3dzL3RoZS1nYW1lLWlzLWFib3V0LWdsb3J5

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Excellent stuff again guys.

Main takeaway from this episode is I bloody love how balanced you all are in articulating your views. It is so refreshing against the backdrop of a morass of brick that is today’s sports’ media landscape.

Brilliant point @GPRD81 re: the players who have come, left and the club remains #supportheclubnottheplayers

Informed, insightful, irreverent. Keep it up!

Last edited:

Main takeaway from this episode is I bloody love how balanced you all are in articulating your views. It is so refreshing against the backdrop of a morass of brick that is today’s sports’ media landscape.

Brilliant point @GPRD81 re: the players who have come, left and the club remains #supportheclubnottheplayers

Thanks @DaveT316. We're trying to be balanced but it's easier some weeks than others. We also don't want to repeat ourselves too much, it'll get boring if we do a Mourinho rant every week.

@GPRD81 brought his A game to this episode.

Thanks Dave, that’s lovely feedback - cheers matey.

I said to the Pod guys in our WhatsApp chat, when @GPRD81 went to that point I could hear Oh When The Spurs....in my ears in the background too, as some sort of battle cry!

At first glance I did read that last adjective as 'irrelevant' :D (and it would be ok if it was)

I'm glad we're hitting the mark for you @DaveT316 . I think we try to be ourselves and realise that football is everything. Good, bad, serious, funny, dull, exciting, reflective and in the moment. We try and gather that all together and see what pops out.

Interesting - if somewhat depressing- listening. Well done guys. Feels like being in the pub with my mates - only not being allowed to speak!!!

Think you are right about Kane not leaving this year unless we get 200m from a foreign club. Hope so anyway.

I am so disappointed in Mourinho. Like Levy, I had high expectations and his first few press conferences were really encouraging. It seems he didn't learn anything from his disasterous endings at Chelsea or United. I also had high hopes that Sacramento would bring new and progressive coaching ideas to overlay on Mourinho's defensive solidity.

Bale was worth a risk but again it didn't work out.

The elephant in the room for me is still our dreadful recruitment policy/process. Who on earth sanctioned all those attacking wide players? If we play 4321, that only leaves two slots available. One will always be taken by Son. So can anyone answer why , when we already had Dele and Lamela, did we think it sensible to buy NJai, NKoudou, Sissoko ( in his original guise),Lucas, Bergwyn, Bale, Sessegnon and Clarke?

Would be interested in your views.

Listened fo the Spurs show pod today
This will be tomorrow’s listening
But anyway... Spurs show pod is so so so bad
It’s like a bunch of old men in working club having a rant
Theh had Paul Miller and Graham Robert’s on this week. Both were real players but neither has a clue about the modern game
Anyway looking toward to this tomo

Cheers @Pirate55 - there's a lot of laughs in last week's episode, I think that we'd all got a bit delirious.

That's an interesting question about wide players and maybe one that we should pick up on the pod sometime. Off the top of my head, I would say that a lot of those players were speculative "club" signings, rather than "manager" signings. Players bought because they were available at the right price and with a view for flipping at a profit at some stage. You only need a few of those to work out and it pays for a lot of squad filler. I think that our big failure has been an inability to move surplus players on.

Theh had Paul Miller and Graham Robert’s on this week. Both were real players but neither has a clue about the modern game

I will be interested to hear what you think. We try not to rant and I spend hours in post production cutting out any the old man vibes.

Thanks very much mate. And as the season draws to a close, we will continue to seek higher, hopefully enjoyable and entertaining ground.

Interesting - if somewhat depressing- listening. Well done guys. Feels like being in the pub with my mates - only not being allowed to speak!!!

Think you are right about Kane not leaving this year unless we get 200m from a foreign club. Hope so anyway.

I am so disappointed in Mourinho. Like Levy, I had high expectations and his first few press conferences were really encouraging. It seems he didn't learn anything from his disasterous endings at Chelsea or United. I also had high hopes that Sacramento would bring new and progressive coaching ideas to overlay on Mourinho's defensive solidity.

Bale was worth a risk but again it didn't work out.

The elephant in the room for me is still our dreadful recruitment policy/process. Who on earth sanctioned all those attacking wide players? If we play 4321, that only leaves two slots available. One will always be taken by Son. So can anyone answer why , when we already had Dele and Lamela, did we think it sensible to buy NJai, NKoudou, Sissoko ( in his original guise),Lucas, Bergwyn, Bale, Sessegnon and Clarke?

Would be interested in your views.

Thanks mate, really appreciate the feedback and we'll think about where we can answer that question from our perspectives...

Thanks very much mate. And as the season draws to a close, we will continue to seek higher, hopefully enjoyable and entertaining ground.

It's end of term after the League Cup Final. Steff's said that everyone can bring in board games.

Really interested in your thoughts mate.

Back