• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our Transfer Stategy moving forward

There aren't any Bale clauses. It was a straight flat rate cash deal.

Also if say there was a £5m cl Modric bonus then that means we got £5m less than we thought 2 years back which should be factored in.

I believe Marca and a goodly number of twittering journalists disagree with you, although both those sources are admittedly...... somewhat untrustworthy.

I believe Marca and a goodly number of twittering journalists disagree with you, although both those sources are admittedly...... somewhat untrustworthy.

I believe that PD is right. One of the reasons the Bale deal took so long to finalise was because we wanted the cash up front and Madrid (understandably) preferred staggered payments. One of the reasons for this was that they still owed us several payments from the Modric deal the previous summer. So even if there are clauses in Modric's contract for further payments for winning the Champions League, I wouldn't count on seeing the money any time soon.

I believe that PD is right. One of the reasons the Bale deal took so long to finalise was because we wanted the cash up front and Madrid (understandably) preferred staggered payments. One of the reasons for this was that they still owed us several payments from the Modric deal the previous summer. So even if there are clauses in Modric's contract for further payments for winning the Champions League, I wouldn't count on seeing the money any time soon.
There is no way that Madrid would've paid us £86 million up front. All football deals are structured over a number of years. I would imagine that we have simply made a few CDS trades against the money that Madrid owes us.

In terms of our spend this season. I disagree and think that we will operate a deficit here for the first time in a few seasons for the following reasons:

1. Previously we have operated at an operating profit (before player trading)
2. The PL TV money has gone up by a huge amount starting this season.
3. Due to new PL FFP rules we cannot increase the wage bill by much so the new TV money won't be eaten up by the wage bill.
4. Levy has always stated that the new stadium will pay for itself and ENIC have ensured that we are now pretty much debt free in relation to that.
5. We have a new manager who we will have had to attract to the club. I doubt that he would've joined us if he was told that he had to break even in terms of transfer spend.

There is no way that Madrid would've paid us £86 million up front. All football deals are structured over a number of years. I would imagine that we have simply made a few CDS trades against the money that Madrid owes us.

In terms of our spend this season. I disagree and think that we will operate a deficit here for the first time in a few seasons for the following reasons:

3. Due to new PL FFP rules we cannot increase the wage bill by much so the new TV money won't be eaten up by the wage bill.
4. Levy has always stated that the new stadium will pay for itself and ENIC have ensured that we are now pretty much debt free in relation to that.
5. We have a new manager who we will have had to attract to the club. I doubt that he would've joined us if he was told that he had to break even in terms of transfer spend.

I didn't say that it was all paid in one go just that there aren't any additional clauses beyond the £86m fee.

They did however pay the Ronaldo fee all upfront in cash so its not impossible they did the same with Bale.

Regarding points 4 and 5.

Firstly Levy has had to say that but the delays to do with the stadium are as much about finding the name sponsor as they are the compulsory purchase order. We are clearly having trouble financing it and have been ever since the crash in 2008.

As for point 5, the is more then enough money in the squad already, we can get rid of fringe players and generate enough to buy players there, which is most likely what we will do. I am a critic of Levy but not this policy. Also the new manager is meant to be good at getting the best out of players and promoting youth players.

Back