• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Redknapp is a better manager than Jol, Ramos is and arguably was a better manager than Jol. Jol had a terrible record in the cups, did not beat the top 4, one in 27 and did not get into the top 4.

He also got us into relegation trouble.

As for what Harry does next, If he were 15 years younger I would say he would get some top jobs now that he has proved he can manage top players and get good players playing decent football. Its a shame he only got that chance late in his career.

He is 65 so not many clubs would see him as a long term option (probably part of the reason why he left us). When Chelsea sack their manager (im predicting November) I could see Harry picking them up for the rest of the season. Considering Di Matteo and Grant have had that temp role in the past, Harry would easily be on Romans list. He wont go abroad as he loves English football and his life here, so he would have to take a lower prem team role as all the top jobs are filled.

Trouble for us is we have just sacked the guy who is probably at the top of the current list for 'realistic available managers'. Lets get him back, at least when he is here he is very popular so people are complimentary about us.

Very disappointing attitude towards him if your being serious. Many downfalls sure but still our most successful manager in the premiership era.

I hope he gets a decent job.

Jesus H Christ on a bicycle

can't you people let it go?

Just think back to all of the damage caused on this board, with all of the fighting and arguing

ITS DONE.

just walk away - for christs sake someone, just lock the thread, so we can all move on to the new Spurs

In some people's minds the fact this guy has just gone 4/5/4 in the last three seasons counts for pretty close to zero. The idea of him being a hapless idiot has embedded itself as a truism in these people's minds, and any credit they might previously have allowed him is eroded with each passing day as the negative feedback loop turns in on itself. Until eventually all the success we had was in spite of him and not because of him. It's rather sad and a glaring loss of perspective and objectivity on the part of many.

well said. sentiments echoed here.

i don't see what any of that has got to do with people discussing where he may go next ? you haven't got to bust a nut every time his name is mentioned

because almost every thread, including this one, descends into to a torrent of 'jokes' and abuse at Harry at the mere mention of his name.

this thread quickly from a 'where will he go next' to 'he's a two bob car salesman' gibe.

because almost every thread, including this one, descends into to a torrent of 'jokes' and abuse at Harry at the mere mention of his name.

this thread quickly from a 'where will he go next' to 'he's a two bob car salesman' gibe.

People hold different opinions on different matters - which is what makes this board great and ultimately stimulates discussion.

If you don't agree with some - ignore. But sure as hell you can't expect everyone who posts something contrary to your beliefs to STFU?

Last edited:
Ive enjoyed this thread! Not enjoyed being told what to read/think tbh

Anyway, in respose to the sandbanks proximity point, i was outside his house the other day and im pretty sure while its lovely down there it will be underwater in the forseeable! And dubai is an ugly cat litter tray these days now the moneys dried up. So who knows? Maybe he will move to Sciliy

As for what Harry does next, If he were 15 years younger I would say he would get some top jobs now that he has proved he can manage top players and get good players playing decent football. Its a shame he only got that chance late in his career.

He is 65 so not many clubs would see him as a long term option (probably part of the reason why he left us). When Chelsea sack their manager (im predicting November) I could see Harry picking them up for the rest of the season. Considering Di Matteo and Grant have had that temp role in the past, Harry would easily be on Romans list. He wont go abroad as he loves English football and his life here, so he would have to take a lower prem team role as all the top jobs are filled.

Trouble for us is we have just sacked the guy who is probably at the top of the current list for 'realistic available managers'. Lets get him back, at least when he is here he is very popular so people are complimentary about us.

So it seems it wasn't a bad decision after all? Since you think no one else wants him? Maybe he should have STFU and we wouldn't be here eh?!

love him or hate him, its this kind of personal touch that has a big influence on the atmosphere at a football club. I was and am a critic of his, but he certainly brought a feel good factor to Tottenham

hopefully the new manager is just a personable with everyone working at the club

Former manager Redknapp has spent the week ringing round former employees at Spurs to thank them for their help during his time at the club and joked with the club dentist that, now he is out of work, he will have time to fix his teeth

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ttenham-want-Laurent-Blanc.html#ixzz1yhW2Mkur

Redknapp is a better manager than Jol, Ramos is and arguably was a better manager than Jol. Jol had a terrible record in the cups, did not beat the top 4, one in 27 and did not get into the top 4.

He also got us into relegation trouble.

Ramos a better manager than jol? Lmfao! He didn't beat chelbrick then? I must have been tripping when I thought I saw that game!

And for the record it was Ramos that nearly got us relegated, not jol! Two points from 8 games ringing any bells yet? You joker!

Last edited:
What next for Harry...?

First things first people;

large_bacon_sandwich_and_cup_of_tea.jpg

1015_04_2---Walking-the-dogs-on-Hastings-three-miles-of-beach_web.jpg

Ramos a better manager than jol? Lmfao! He didn't beat chelbrick then? I must have been tripping when I thought I saw that game!

And for the record it was Ramos that nearly got us relegated, not jol! Two points from 8 games ringing any bells yet? You joker!

I said one in 27, the solitary one being the Chelsea win. Ramos took over from Jol, when we were in relegation trouble , he kept us up comfortable and went on to beat Arsenal and Chelsea in the CC to win it.

We had a bad start to the next season, but we did just sell 3 of our 4 strikers.

Ramos had a very good record with Seville as well. Jol is a reasonable manager, but not a great one. Ramos actually won something.

I said one in 27, the solitary one being the Chelsea win. Ramos took over from Jol, when we were in relegation trouble , he kept us up comfortable and went on to beat Arsenal and Chelsea in the CC to win it.

We had a bad start to the next season, but we did just sell 3 of our 4 strikers.

Ramos had a very good record with Seville as well. Jol is a reasonable manager, but not a great one. Ramos actually won something.

I thought Ramos was brilliant in the cups and one of his best performances for us that often gets overlooked was the 0-2 away win in the Carling Cup at Emirates Marketing Project. What a rsult and performance that was, brilliant

I thought Ramos was brilliant in the cups and one of his best performances for us that often gets overlooked was the 0-2 away win in the Carling Cup at Emirates Marketing Project. What a rsult and performance that was, brilliant

that was a great result/performance

Redknapp was also afforded the luxury of resting star players for Europa League and Carling Cup action.

In some people's minds the fact this guy has just gone 4/5/4 in the last three seasons counts for pretty close to zero. The idea of him being a hapless idiot has embedded itself as a truism in these people's minds, and any credit they might previously have allowed him is eroded with each passing day as the negative feedback loop turns in on itself. Until eventually all the success we had was in spite of him and not because of him. It's rather sad and a glaring loss of perspective and objectivity on the part of many.[/QUOTE

=D> Great post

Have to admit didnt want him at spurs and dont particularly like him but he's done a good job. He deserved another season.
Some people have short memories and think we have a long history of being consistently good in the league.
Its a shame some will only remember the 10pt lead he messed up over Arsenal, not the fact we overperformed in the first half which gave
us hope of finishing 3rd.
Be careful what you wish for especially if we have a poor start to next season and we are languishing in mid table at Christmas.

Yeah but if you are going to use tat excuse you can't deny tat when jol nearly got us relegated it was because he was a deadman walking as te board had already recruited Ramos to replace him!

Who's had the better record since both left spurs?

Last edited:
Back