• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT - How long have you been a member of GG?

I was first on when it was spurs-update, signed up again when it became g-g but never bothered when it moved here (just lurk). But now my account is verified I might post a bit more \o/

First started lurking when I was travelling in 2003 and needed my Spurs fix. Not sure when I started posting though.

spursupdate1999.jpg

ggnet2001.jpg

ggnet2005.jpg

I used to post on yid-talk back in the day, until it closed (wasn't it run by a Swedish bloke?). That forum was taken on by Matt Cook's Spurs Update, along with Dunlop's Diary - written by Ewen Dunlop, an exiled Irish Spurs fan in Norway (Anyone else remember that? Probably the best regular Spurs blog I've ever read. Shame he stopped writing).

I posted on SIMB for a while before returning to GG as Jimbo. Been here on and off ever since though, of course, there have been quite a few iterations of the GG board in that time.

I can't actually remember signing up or how I found this forum in the first place. I can remember it being called glory-glory.net though.

No idea the date/time, but at least 3 or 4 versions of the board through GG.net and Glory-Glory.net days.

Never had another identity, guess I don't cause enough trouble ...

Fun to see so many have actually been around as long or longer, thought the count would have been less actually.

Circa 1999/2000. I remember being on here when George Graham was sacked and it was mental. He was relatively popular among posters, believe it or not. Contrast with SIMB where SOS first really started to develop (although, not that surprising given plenty of TAG members were on SIMB). Including me but I turned midway through the last season when we lost 1-3 at home to Birmingham in the League Cup. Although it was a tough one defending that sacking, at the time! :) Then there was the whole Rebrov saga under Hoddle the following season. That got quite heated. I remember East Stand Sal in particular taking huge umbrage at me not being particularly convinced of Rebrov. We must have had a core of no more than 20 posters around that 2000/01 period, so familiarity did start to breed contempt too.

I have been on here since the late 90's 99 i think when it was yid talk. Remember the glory days of east stand sal and my all time personal favourite phil from middlesborough and the only guy from here i have ever meet up with for a beer at a game. He was(is) a 5 star lad.

Was on here as Ben Lambert for years but i had a little time away when i went through a bad patch and had a few different user names and will be getting a brand new one for the start of the season which i intend to keep for the rest of time.

Wish the ones like clarky and snowball would post more often i enjoy them. On the random side it does not seem as much fun now, there are some members who seem to impose the personalities on others and it puts them off posting. I miss the very excellent gordinho posts.

I was here in 1999/00, under the name UCNYID (northampton uni lol) when it was run by mattC. then became flapper13, now i am just flapper

I don't remember exactly, but I'd guess since 2000-01 or so. I had been on the board for 9-12 months before FloridaYid (and someone else, whose name I've forgotten) arranged GG t-shirts.

bout 6-7 years at a guess

bloody hell think of all the constructive things i could have done in that time

Back