1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

OMT: Tottenham vs Everton

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by LemonadeMoney, 28 Oct 2019.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 5 Nov 2019.
  1. Dele

29.3%
  2. N'Dombele

36.6%
  3. Sanchez

34.1%
  1. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Les Medley

We have had to many players with mental problems for one club. Think we need to be more thorough in our scouting.

I say this as someone who has had issues in this area.

thfcsteff likes this.
  2. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Christian Ziege

Isn't Poch known for choosing to buy players on quality AND meteorology?
    In fact, based on that alone, who decided to buy Aurier?

3. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Les Medley

It makes you wonder. I dont trust poch since hearing he passed on brooks and Maddison. Going on about only buying players who will improve the first team straight away. He got to big for his boots and forgot about developing players.

4. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Les Howe Staff Member

It is getting a bit Lord Of The Flies in supporter-land and I, for one, fudging despise it.

5. thfcsteff

Great question. I remember hearing he was not first choice on the target list. I’d be interested to know if Poch spoke with Lloris about him??? But what a brainfart player!

6. thfcsteff

I have to wonder what is going on with him? He has had a couple of poor spells with us before, but the correction this time simply is not happening. He looks like he isn’t enjoying football.

7. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Christian Ziege

Spot on from Tim Cahill in the Sky studio I thought....

https://www.instagram.com/tim_cahill/p/B4aq0UEFtxA/

8. Daisuk

Daisuk Paul Robinson

I don't know, aren't Squawka considered reliable?

9. Jon

Jon To dare is to Dodd

“a dingdong move”, like side quoting someone with a dig but not @ing them?..

You've obviously chosen to take a view on this and that’s fine. But if you’ve chosen to ignore the rational facts I and others have mentioned, then don’t start getting bitchy as a result!

Its been mentioned by multiple posters that our players have a weak meteorology. They've backed that up by the evidence that Everton witnessed the same incident yet played on and scored.

It could be further evidenced that Brighton witnessed the same injury we did, yet played on for 90 minutes, and scored three times while we wilted.

Surely that tells you something, no?????

No one has under played the horrible nature of the injury. But it’s been pointed out to you that it’s perfectly possible for normal human beings to do a job despite “having seen things”.

In addition to @Robspur12 explaining what he had to undertake in the line of duty, yet continue to do the job for which he was paid, I can even think of times I’ve witnessed bad injuries playing amateur football, yet once the matter was off the pitch, both teams played on to the same standard as before. (crap!)

Ironically, no one said “man up” until you did so please don’t drop inflammatory phrases in as pretend quotes.

I’ve said our players need to toughen up (compared with Brighton and Everton) and my point was that to blame performances on the horrors of the injury they’ve seen, is actually more convenience to mask another brick performance.

10. Daisuk

Daisuk Paul Robinson

Ridiculous. It's a freak accident, why the fudge should Son be punished for that?

11. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Christian Ziege

Indeed... and FWIW the StatsZone charts don’t seem to contradict those shocking figures...

2669DEE3-4F6E-4691-92F7-E3D7490646DB.png

Hopefully won’t be too much longer until Ndombele and Lo Celso are able to play a full match...

0D821578-CE12-4C05-BD5F-79340BF562B6.png

12. Jon

Jon To dare is to Dodd

Makes sense. FA needs to apply this thought process throughout immediately.

Who was our nearest player to Fabrice Muamba? They made him close them down and in doing so, their positive action instigated his underlying heart condition, resulting in death on the pitch for two minutes.

That player needs a retrospective life time ban and a life prison sentence for murder.

scaramanga and Daisuk like this.
  13. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back John Lacy

So if Gomes’ swinging arm had broken Son’s nose it would’ve been a red card instead of no foul?

14. thfcsteff

Are you saying that Son has a “weak meteorology”? I just want to be clear. Because this is a man who in the last 12 months played a 90 min match that if not won would’ve effectively ended his career, and who just played a match in North Korea as part of “the enemy” which the few who got to witness it said was brutal.

But hey, call him (and the team) what you want mate.

Again, this place is really getting a bit Lord of The Flies...

15. benp

benp Michael Brown

He doesn't have a weak meteorology. If you care enough about other people to put on a BBQ for your new colleagues before you have even met them, you probably care about potentially career ending injuries to be sad.

It's not weak. It's what enables him to be the team player he is.

I don't have anywhere near as much time for people on the way out who's performance level drops. I have never done that in any professional context and wouldn't either football or not.

Sent from my GM1910 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

16. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Gerry Armstrong

I certainly wouldn't have a pop at Aurier or Son for their reactions yesterday. I think a difference for them above, say, the Brighton players was that, however unintentionally, they played a part in causing the injury.

I don't accept Hugo's injury had any impact on our shambolic display at Brighton aside from the disruption that losing your keeper and captain naturally causes.

Jon and glasgowspur like this.
  17. scaramanga

scaramanga Tony Galvin Staff Member

I sincerely hope he's made of sterner stuff than that.

Gomes is an inconsequential player in an inconsequential team - doesn't warrant or deserve a second though from Son.

18. braineclipse

braineclipse Chris Jones

Injury, red card VAR and referee aside we were so poor. We "created" one good chance, all it took was Everton gifting us a good opportunity.

Some positives from Ndombele and Davies. We were reasonably solid at the back, though that might just be Everton being poor as well.

Can't understand how Eriksen stayed on the pitch for that long. Can't understand not bringing on Winks or Dier when we went down to ten men. Strange decisions from Pochettino that don't work out is the new normal.

SteveAWOL, Pirate55, Daisuk and 2 others like this.
  19. Jon

Jon To dare is to Dodd

Nope, piggy. You just said that not me. Can’t believe you said that about Son tbh.

I said the team has demonstrated a weak meteorology by the amount of winning leads they have shipped.

Last edited: 4 Nov 2019
  20. Jon

Jon To dare is to Dodd

I felt the same, until Poch after the game blamed the performance on Hugo’s early injury!
    Any excuse will do for Poch at the moment it seems.