• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've decided that I'd like to see the fat man ("TFM" from now on) start in the no 10 position tomorrow. Not that I necessarily think his performances deserve it, but we desperately need some creativity in the front 4 and I dont see any other way of achieving that, unless you move GLC forward which, in my opinion, is moving him out of his best position. I dont think Dele and two quick guys works given this lack of creativity and therefore, as posted elsewhere, I'm not sure I see a role for Dele in Spurs going forward unless we sign and start playing an Eriksen-replacement creator instead of one of our wing-forwards.

Therefore I'd go with:

---------------------------Lloris---------------------------

----------------------usual back 4------------------------

-------------GLC--------------------Winks (though Jose will play Sissoko)

-----Son------------------TFM-----------------Bergwijn-----

---------------------------Kane----------------------------------

Fed up of seeing that back four (mainly Sanchez and Davies, Dier and Aurier to a lesser extent) but we don’t really have much choice.

Agree re Ndombele. Yes he’s lazy and feckless but he’s too good to be rotting on the bench.

fudge it. Just get it over with. Sack Jose and let's just get someone a bit more progressive in, shall we.

Fed up of seeing that back four (mainly Sanchez and Davies, Dier and Aurier to a lesser extent) but we don’t really have much choice.

Dier is the only one of them which should have a future as a starter in my view. Maybe Sanchez could grow into being good enough but he's been very hot and cold since arriving at Spurs - part of that is due to arriving into a new league, new language, new club etc at a young age, but obviously its no guarantee that he'll improve enough.

Aurier just makes far, far too many mistakes and is past the age where he'd improve. Davies is solid, and would be great as a back-up LB but it too one-dimensional to be first choice if we want to get back into the top 4. He's not a consistent liability like Aurier...just not that great.

The second goal on Wed when their wing-back just strolled past Aurier unchallenged was the game-changer. If we'd had a better RB we'd be a good few point better off

DM and RB are priority additions this summer as those positions are costing us goals and points

Dier is the only one of them which should have a future as a starter in my view. Maybe Sanchez could grow into being good enough but he's been very hot and cold since arriving at Spurs - part of that is due to arriving into a new league, new language, new club etc at a young age, but obviously its no guarantee that he'll improve enough.

Aurier just makes far, far too many mistakes and is past the age where he'd improve. Davies is solid, and would be great as a back-up LB but it too one-dimensional to be first choice if we want to get back into the top 4. He's not a consistent liability like Aurier...just not that great.

The second goal on Wed when their wing-back just strolled past Aurier unchallenged was the game-changer. If we'd had a better RB we'd be a good few point better off

DM and RB are priority additions this summer as those positions are costing us goals and points

Sanchez has had 1 good season followed by 2 very poor seasons. I’ve had enough of him and his awful distribution and poor aerial skills.

Davies I agree should be a backup. Should be nowhere near the starting lineup of a top 4 hopeful side.

Good to see the break has done wonders for us despite getting injured players back.

Sanchez has had 1 good season followed by 2 very poor seasons. I’ve had enough of him and his awful distribution and poor aerial skills.

Davies I agree should be a backup. Should be nowhere near the starting lineup of a top 4 hopeful side.

We have higher priorities than CB though. We desperately need a DM and new RB, and cant see we can afford 3 first choice quality signings this summer. A new DM might help Sanchez and then we see where we are next summer

I’d like to see one team for everton and another against bournemouth town.

Lloris
Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Davies
Sissoko, Lo Celso
Bergwijn, Dele, Son
Kane

and for bournemouth town

Gazzaniga
Fagan-Walcott, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sessegnon
Winks, Gedson
Lucas, Ndombele, Lamela
Son (bring Kane on for last 30 mins)

I want to see a reaction from Mourinho in his selection and the players in their performances. Ideally the Dutch lads at centre back, Dier on the right and Sessegnon on the left, a reverse wonky if need be. Ndombele to start with Lo Celso, son alli bergwijn and Kane up too.
Dier on free kicks too!

I’d like to see one team for everton and another against bournemouth town.

Lloris
Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Davies
Sissoko, Lo Celso
Bergwijn, Dele, Son
Kane

Problem with that line-up is the front 4 doesnt have any creativity. On the break it would be fine, but I'm not convinced that it would work well if Everton dropped back and we have to break them down

A big game for us. Hope Mourinho and the team stay confident, keep building on the foundations that are there.

Since last summer the midfield conundrum has been apparent. We have lots of decent players but no clear and obvious midfield. I think Jose has a decent setup now, but it needs refining. Sissoko and Le Celco have to screen their defense more effectively. Davies and Aurier need to tuck in more effectively.

Upfront, I actually thought Moura did well against Sheffield until about the hour mark. He created at least 2 clear goal scoring openings. Kane is getting stronger. Son should start to find form too. Bergwijn is such a likable player. Reminds me of Defoe - not in playing style especially more his temperament. There is a lot to be positive about. But we are work in progress, and until we get a midfield that works, and find a stable back 4, we'll remain a work in progress.

Do not start the three speedsters all together this time. A massive error by JM against a packed defense with no speed to bring on once SU tired. Hope we never see this mistake repeated. I would like a back three and give Sess a chance at wingback and try and push their full backs back.

.............................Lloris.........................

........Toby...............Dier...........Verts...........

Aurier.................Sissoko/Winks/Skipp...........Sess

...............LoCelso...........TFM..........Bergy/Son/Dele

............................Kane............................

3-1. Sorted.

Do not start the three speedsters all together this time. A massive error by JM against a packed defense with no speed to bring on once SU tired. Hope we never see this mistake repeated. I would like a back three and give Sess a chance at wingback and try and push their full backs back.

3-1. Sorted.

I'm not sure about the back 3, but despite my earlier post, I wonder whether in the short-term you're right about pushing GLC further forward even if it isnt his best position. He's the closest thing to Eriksen that we have so if we want to replicate the Son/Dele/Eriksen trio behind Kane which worked so well, then maybe he's our best bet? Problem is that then weakens the midfield....

The decision to haggle over Grealish a couple windows ago is looking even more stupid, particularly given Eriksen's contract. We really need a creative player in that front four somehow

3-1. Sorted.

I like Verts playing, would play him instead of Davies and stick to the same setup. We need to build on performances, make incremental improvements. We know Davies can play better, but ultimately for me, he's not quite good enough at either end. Verts is a better footballer. Even going forward he's purposeful, and defensively he's better full stop.

Back