• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur - Woolwich tossers

I back the manager right now because he is who we have. He has made some big mistakes but I think we can safely say that there have been way, way bigger mistakes than him the past two-plus years.

I think we need to make some major decisions but if you think he should be sacked tomorrow because of that, I'd say that was pathetic.

ok, so you think the club needs to make "some major decisions"? Lovely...what are those exactly? Specifics please. Back a manager after we've been humiliated by our fierciest rivals? Make excuses for misfiring players like Dele and Kane? And don't give me any bs about the scoreline or winning the 2nd half. Arsenal fans were singing long after the final whistle because they knew it was a humiliation.

Sorry mate, that isn't good enough for me personally, I'd like concrete available names before we speak of sacking someone who has been here 5 minutes and had to flush the stench of brick from all corners of the club.
Look on the Nuno thread
So far we have Lucien Fabre, the chap from South America with a really, really good CV and conte who we can’t afford

T
ok, so you think the club needs to make "some major decisions"? Lovely...what are those exactly? Specifics please. Back a manager after we've been humiliated by our fierciest rivals? Make excuses for misfiring players like Dele and Kane? And don't give me any bs about the scoreline or winning the 2nd half. Arsenal fans were singing long after the final whistle because they knew it was a humiliation.
The 5-2s were much much worse
Last seasons was too IMO
We didn’t turn up for any part of last season and at least today we did when they let us for 20 mins or so

Sorry mate, that isn't good enough for me personally, I'd like concrete available names before we speak of sacking someone who has been here 5 minutes and had to flush the stench of brick from all corners of the club.

Graham Potter, Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Martinez, Bielsa, Eddie Howe, Conte, Zidane...

There are fellas out there. Are they perfect? No. Are the available? No.

Are they better than what we have? Most of the above are. Are they gettable? We're a massive club, they should be. If we can't tempt them, you have to ask questions about how we are being run.

Graham Potter, Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Martinez, Bielsa, Eddie Howe, Conte, Zidane...

Are they better than what we have? Most of the above are. Are they gettable? We're a massive club, they should be. If we can't tempt them, you have to ask questions about how we are being run.

Rodgers might be available soon, not having a good time of it.

I expect we spoke to most of those before Nuno.

I know plenty hate him, but when Jose leaves a club in a negative way, that is going to be a red flag for some coaches, it's not just us, look at what United ended up with.

Look on the Nuno thread
So far we have Lucien Fabre, the chap from South America with a really, really good CV and conte who we can’t afford

If the chap from South America you're talking about is Marcelo Gallardo, he'd be a goddamn dream - sadly, I think he's headed to Barcelona come December.

True that. I hate the smug clam but his teams are a good watch and usually pretty good. The insufferable interviews would make it hard though.
His teams also have a peak and a then a big drop off.
Leicester haven’t dropped off but they are defending poorly and not shooting

Last edited:
The trouble is any "top" manager we try to tempt will be saying to the board you will need to spend £200 million to get this club challenging for the title and champions league places and it aint going to happen

Conte said as much in the summer - called us out for not being ambitious. Right then, it was a massive red flag about the calibre of coach we were aiming for - cheap, will do a job. No coincidence, imo, that the Poch/Conte talk was whipped up by the club just in time for ST renewals and then dropped like a hot rock straight after.

We eventually ended up with out 8th choice in Nuno, so it's fair to say that was proven right.

Let me first speculate that you were one of the 'noble action warriors' who thought we should sack Pochettino. If I am wrong, you will get an apology. I don't think I'll be giving you one somehow.

Yes. Major decisions. We need to start playing our younger players and let them bed in. We need to have Skipp, Gil, Royal in our first 11. We need to drop those in their way. Let's start there.

You seem to have missed the fudging point that EVERY SUPPORTER IS tinkleD OFF and that just because we're not jumping about screaming sack him, we somehow lack a vertabrae, or are 'pathetic individuals? Yeah. Right.

BTW, who are you bringing in Braveheart? Are you sure the DoF would be down with your choice? Do you want to sack off the DoF too (he's the reason the manager is here)? Do we sack off the players the DoF brought in?

We are all upset tonight Nigey, but with the greatest of respects, this post echos setiments expressed about Poch and then, eventually, Mourinho. I am having trouble gauging what you do want, what would satisfy you?

going into a game with hope, rather than a certainty of knowledge we will be passive and not compete.

I don’t want a captain who laughs when we lose and jokes around with the opposition.

I would like to watch us believing we had enough about us to score at any moment.

Steff hopefully you have noticed I have deliberately stayed away from poch talk since he was gone…

after poor performances it’s the same old arguments. I doubt myself at times but I’m sure in my conviction poch totally lost his way, and having spoken about leaving us on the eve of a ucl final.

I am sorry, I can never forgive that or the canning of moura for the final, just can’t mate, hope you understand.

Mourinho, I hold my hands up even though dream like I wanted simeone. I thought he could work and wake up elements of our squad though I should have realised turds cannot be polished.

upset doesn’t cover it.

love you and Dubai yet I can’t abide the apathy or acceptance of us continuing to decline into the mire, and stinking up every venue we play at.

we need a new manager with balls, character, something about him, and 2-3 transfer windows no doubt.

above all let’s start a journey where a clear plan of direction is visible. A journey where we actually try and play football and compete.

going into a game with hope, rather than a certainty of knowledge we will be passive and not compete.

I don’t want a captain who laughs when we lose and jokes around with the opposition.

I would like to watch us believing we had enough about us to score at any moment.

Steff hopefully you have noticed I have deliberately stayed away from poch talk since he was gone…

after poor performances it’s the same old arguments. I doubt myself at times but I’m sure in my conviction poch totally lost his way, and having spoken about leaving us on the eve of a ucl final.

I am sorry, I can never forgive that or the canning of moura for the final, just can’t mate, hope you understand.

Mourinho, I hold my hands up even though dream like I wanted simeone. I thought he could work and wake up elements of our squad though I should have realised turds cannot be polished.

upset doesn’t cover it.

love you and Dubai yet I can’t abide the apathy or acceptance of us continuing to decline into the mire, and stinking up every venue we play at.

we need a new manager with balls, character, something about him, and 2-3 transfer windows no doubt.

above all let’s start a journey where a clear plan of direction is visible. A journey where we actually try and play football and compete.

Neither can I.
Sadly, after 2019 it was inevitable.I trust you have, in turn, noticed that I have largely steered clear myself.
Anyone who didn't see this coming did not understand the deeper issues IMO mate.
I respect your opinion re:2019 CLF of course.

I think a lot of the talk against Nuno is harsh. I don’t think he’s in over his head. I think he’s smart and he’s capable, and has had to deal with a lot of problems.

A performance like today’s first half doesn’t happen just because of a manager, his tactics, or his motivational ability. We were so so bad that trying to ascribe some simple answer to why we were so bad is just under shooting it. Something is rotten way behind the manager.

Honestly I think we exhibit all the traits of a side that is not a team. One thing goes against us and we crumble. That’s no guts, there’s no fighting for each other. There’s no trust in each other. We concede and we lose our heads.

We are not yet a team. Kane is in business for himself. He is letting his frustration show too easily, he is making bad decisions and he is giving off the impression he is above all of this. You have a bunch of players that decided to leave their team mates to play international football and then have a week in Croatia. You’ve got N’Dombele who seemingly wants to blame everyone but himself for why he isn’t starting for Real Madrid.

It’s just a mess. The thing Nuno can do is foster a team spirit. We took steps to do it by getting Aurier out if he didn’t want to be here for example, but we clearly still have a long way to go. Tactics will figure themselves out. But I think Nuno is in a similar boat to Poch when he first joined. He’s figuring out who he can rely on. These players don’t need yet another new voice to tell them they are talented only to let them wilt at the first sign of pressure again.

We need to get back to what we had under Poch, we need to get that spirit back. And right now it feels like we are a million miles away from it. That’s the reason for today IMO. Too many players still with their own agendas, in their own heads, not clear sighted and thinking of the collective. All of this talk of ‘needing to learn how to be solid’ if we concede. It is ridiculous for a club that was in the CL final 2 years ago to need to ‘learn’ these things. The players know what they need to do. They need to actually do it.

No. It's very discouraging. But it's not enough to say he has to go
We haven't been the better team in any of the PL games. We had 3 lucky 1-0 wins, where we actually were most in control vs City. In all the other games, we were pretty much battered for large parts of the games! We've looked worse than all the teams we've played, and the stats back it up. The squad is not great, but We're much worse than the sum of the parts, which is not what you want. I can't see a single thing that's looking better now than at the start of the season.

Back