• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland AFC

No way are we winning this game.

Want fazio and stambouli to start though, have to. A shame no Soldado but Kane deserves a shot. Please no Ade.

First we act like we're **** by saying we won't win, but if we actually lose it's riot time because we should be beating teams like this.
Lol we should beat them and if we do lose there is always a riot. Such is the way of football fandom. I love to lol at the knee jerk reactions.

There is one fella who sits behind me in the North stand. He doesn't even cheer when we win much but spends the whole game moaning at every single player. I swear one day I will lamp him.

I think what Allen did was simulation. Should have been booked. If we are saying you can't touch a player in the box then the game is a joke. Did he tug him clearly? no. I think it was an awful decision myself.

It's very frustrating, isn't it?

Right after the Liverpool game I switched over to watch Dublin get beaten in the All-Ireland Gaelic Football semi-final (so, not exactly a great day of sport from my perspective). Now, it goes without saying that Gaelic Football is much more of a contact sport than "soccer" by design. It's not quite rugby, but it's not a million miles away. So tackles are expected to be heavier and I'm not saying we should allow GAA tackles in football; the two sports are different and it wouldn't work in that context. BUT, the point I want to make is that if you watch a GAA match, it quickly becomes apparent that a fit athlete can remain on his feet - if he wants to - despite a hell of a lot of contact to his upper body.

If your legs are tripped while you're moving at speed, then you go down, that's just basic physics. But most of the time you really don't have to go down when you get contact to the upper body. That is, not unless you deliberately decide to use that contact as an excuse to throw yourself to the ground. Which - in my view - is diving. Or simulation, or whatever we're calling it these days. I just call it "cheating".

Looking forward to my trip to Stadium of Light tomorrow. Well, besides the (very) early start!!

I think we'll recover from the Liverpool defeat with a win, we normally have the beating of Sunderland. My only worry is Poyet tactically outwitted Pochettino twice in the cup last season, but we will hopefully be more focused than those Southampton players cos it's a league game.

LLORIS - NAUGHTON FAZIO VERTONGHEN ROSE - CAPOUE DEMBELE - LENNON ERIKSEN LAMELA - ADEBAYOR

Not too many changes at once but enough to improve the team hopefully. Sunderland are an odd team as they showed last year, very unpredictable, losing 5-1 to a Tim Sherwood Spurs then taking seven points from the two Manchesters and Chelski away. I think we'll win 1-2.

COYS

Chatting to guys in work and I said I would take a point from this game. Reason for this is coming off the back of the Liverpool defeat, another loss and players confidence will drop and momentum will be gone. We are still in transition (new players to bed in like Fazio/Stambouli/Lamela still) and a solid point here will take us to the West Brom game in good shape for a home win.

In terms of Team shape obviously we will be looking at 4-2-3-1.

Naughton does job, he's a competent RB but the game is so much more now....look at Coleman at Everton. Naughton rarely passes the halfway line. With Lamela playing so narrow we really miss Walker, I know he has some funny moments but we do miss his attacking play and I think the sooner he is back to better - will give Lamela another option which he desperately needs as he is easy to defend against always passing infield, defenders can double as no overlapper. Anyhow it will be Naughton tomorrow due to injury. Fazio probable debut alongside Verts. Im a big fan of Chiriches, much more composure than Kaboul so like to see him get some time at some point. Davies to start at LB with concerns over Rose fitness.

Holding midfielders it's a guessing game.....I dont believe Capoue is going to take us forward to a new level.....maybe harsh, just my opinion. Dembele I think is a great worker, excellent strength & dominates players. I'd like to see 2 of him/Stambouli/Bentelab.

The attacking 3 midfielders are said to be interchangeable although something I would like to see is Chadli given a little run behind the front man. He really does have an eye for goal and would push on to support the forward from the middle of the pitch. He isnt the most popular player (some just aren't) but I think he could thrive in that role, he is strong and does give 100% and it would also let CE move back to his best position from last season on the left where he can deliver crosses and Chadli can help fill the box. I've got a real sneak for him being productive this season if given a run. That leaves Lamela for the slot on the right. As stated above he will have much more to offer once Walker is back imo - will open his game up. Personally with no overlapper I would consider Lennon if Lamela wasnt having a good game, would give us some width.

That leaves Adebayor up top. I dont have a problem with that - I think he's looked on his game this season, but I would defo give Kane some game time, he is in form and does have a future I think.

Lloris

Naughton Fazio/Vlad Verts Davies

Stamb/Bentaleb Dembele

Lamela Chadli Eriksen

Adebayor

Hopefully a 2-1 win for us but i'l take a 1-1.

COYS

Last edited:
we'll win this. we've done better away in recent times and will continue to do so.
and theres real competition now with the 25 man list firmed up. we'll win this by a solo run or wonder goal.

I think what Allen did was simulation. Should have been booked. If we are saying you can't touch a player in the box then the game is a joke. Did he tug him clearly? no. I think it was an awful decision myself.

yes this. football is a contact sport. all the shirt pullings with greater force - how is that now a fall compared to this?

the whole liverpool were giving all sorts to us and taking none in return. credit to brendan rodgers for turning them into a punch of cheats, learning from the master himself at chelsea.

After the humiliating display and result against Liverpool, we need a good performance and result to lift the morale. We have had good results at Sunderland in recent years. We have won 3 and drawn 1 of our last 4 matches there. So, there is no reason whatsoever why we cannot win this match. If we want to fight for a top 4 place, we simply need to beat teams like Sunderland, home or away. Hope Lamela and Eriksen will have a good game to help us to win.

Is there any river for this match ?

A good river I have to pay for is preferable, but anything goes :)

If someone know I would appreciate it, you can PM me :)

First away day of the season for us,on the road in 90min. COYS, three 2-1 wins in the last 4 trips, another one would do nicely today
COYS

Back