1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United***

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Papercut, 8 May 2016.

1. Papercut

Papercut Jermaine Jenas

2. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

[​IMG]

--------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------

Walker--------Toby---------------------Wimmer---------Davies

Trippier------Dier-----------------------Verts------------Rose

------------------------------Eriksen--------------------------------

-------------------------------Kane---------------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Mason, Son, Lamela, Winks, Carroll, Chadli

Two banks of four, two destroyers in the middle. Sit back, thump every ball out of play.

Play for a *draw*. If we go for the win, we will assuredly lose against Rafa and his counter-attacking side. Just shut up shop and hope that we're not *so* far off on our holidays mentally that we can't grind out a result against Newcastle, although I still foresee a lot of desperate defending on the edge of the box and us camped on our own eighteen-yard line as Newcastle regally stride forward looking like Il Grande f*cking Torino.

wx-tel and Rock Strongo like this.
  3. mudshark

mudshark Mitchell Thomas

What are the odds they are relegated as the only side to have done the double over us this season? Would be the height of Spursiness to allow that stat to usher in St Wankerfest Day by a point.

metalgear likes this.
  4. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

We've been good away from home this season, only losing twice (both 1-0, to Utd and West Ham). I think we should approach the game the same as we have the others this season and if our players can put in one more performance, we can take care of business.

Yermiyahu and Pirate55 like this.
  5. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Paul Stalteri

This post is sexy.

6. Papercut

Papercut Jermaine Jenas

On one side it will be good if Sunderland relegate them on Wednesday but on the other hand, will the lack of pressure to win give them a boost?

Defoe and Yedlin gave Sunderland a lifeline, let's hope Andros doesn't follow the pattern.

7. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

crap editing

8. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

You know what's weird? Look back through the fixtures and you'll see that the last time we went 3 league games without a win, we drew with Chelsea (0-0) we drew with WBA (1-1) and then we got beat at home 1-2 (by Newcastle).

This run, we drew with WBA again, then Chelsea again and lost today at home, again 1-2.

Last time we had this sh1tty little run, we won the 3 league games afterwards, starting with a 0-2 away win. That'd do...

Hidden and Roy1983 like this.
  9. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Pascal Chimbonda

We better hope to hell that Sunderland win in midweek cos if newcastle are playing to stay up then I can't see us getting anything.

metalgear and Goose like this.
  10. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Spurs win. All the doubters can f.o. to Spammers, Woolwich, Chelski or any other brick team. Best season for decades and we still have moaners, no wonder people hate us, I certainly hate a lot of our so called fans.

camspur and milo like this.
  11. AjaxDeSuperYids

We need to go on a spending spree in the summer and sign umtiti, bazoer, tielemens and batyishu. Get rid of caroll and Mason and send yedlin, Pritchard and njie out on prem season loans where they will play.

12. AjaxDeSuperYids

In fact sell yedlin to sunderland. Get about 10m for him and Mason combined. That money can go towards the spending spree

13. AjaxDeSuperYids

If we do what I said we will be unstoppable.

14. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

Not quite yet - that was Andre in 2012-2013, and I'm sure that everyone now appreciates what a job he did to get us to 72 points.

Oh, but that's not happening, is it? No, everyone just writes him off, and were writing him off even while that season progressed to its conclusion.

'Boring' football wins titles, sets record points totals, writes itself into the histories of clubs. 'Boring' football is what we need to win against Newcastle, and I hope to GHod we play it.

Gutter Boy and Goose like this.
  15. mudshark

mudshark Mitchell Thomas

I admire your pluck, and you'd think we've got at least a draw in us, but we've led in the last three games, and failed to secure a win in any of them. That's poor by the standards we've set, and it hardly needs to be said we looked a million miles off the pace 2nd half today. It doesn't bode particularly well, is all. Let's hope Pochettino can lift them for one more push.

16. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steffen Iversen

Let's take this on a different sexy direction. We draw with them as Townsend scores a 97th minute offside hand ball equalizer. While Arse beat Villa 20-0 to take 2nd.

17. mudshark

mudshark Mitchell Thomas

I almost laughed :)

90291Spur likes this.
  18. AjaxDeSuperYids

Hmmm

19. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Chris Jones

I think people are just fearful that we are going to bottle 2nd place, and there's no two ways about it, it's a bottle job if we finish below Arsenal after the season they have had. If we beat Newcastle and then sit back and take stock of the season, most will be delighted despite the disappointment of losing out to Leicester.

Pirate55 likes this.
  20. GPRD81

GPRD81 Ben Thatcher

I always think that a strong end to a season combined with a positive pre-season (no injuries, unwanted outgoing transfers etc) can be a catalyst for a good start to the next season and lets face it had we started this season in anything above 3rd gear we'd probably have been champions.

Likewise, should we flunk next weekend and finish 3rd it would feel like the end of the world (until the CL draw comes around) and could send us into the off-season in a negative spiral. Thus, for the sake of finishing above the Goons and giving us the best conceivable opportunity to start next season running a win at Newcastle is essential.

Based on today I's day we're out of energy, out of ideas and out of the dynamic midfield which has propelled us so much this season. Clearly we'd far rather play an already relegated Newcastle side than one fighting for survival - Benitez is almost the perfect manager for that 'cup final' type of game and he'd have planned meticuoulsy enough to spot out weaknesses defending the channels.

Would be interested to hear from a Newcastle fan as to what the thoughts are from the fans at the moment; it seems that since Benitez the crowd are behind the team a lot more; under McLaren (and Pardew) things got quite toxic making it much easier to play up there.