• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool***

I'd actually go with Vorm in goal. Lloris has roostered up every time vs Liverpool. Vorm was fantastic vs Liverpool last season at home

I'd actually go with Vorm in goal. Lloris has roostered up every time vs Liverpool. Vorm was fantastic vs Liverpool last season at home

And after we concede poch would get castrated.

You go with form not history in these matches

I think Phil Thompson is great for his unashamed bias towards Liverpool. He’s a proper football fan. But Jesus I draw the line at him picking Robertson over Davies, Van Dijk over Sanchez and Henderson over Dembele in his combined eleven. There’s bias and then there is stupidity.

Would take that if offered, but if the offer was 4pts from the next 2 games, I would actually say, beating Liverpool and drawing with Arsenal is probably better for us in the long run
I am confident Liverpool will rooster up plenty of games between now and the end of the season so I am not worried even if we lose (but only by the odd goal). Besides they always raise their game for the top 6 and our record at Anfield is awful.

A draw would be good but we absolutely must maintain our momentum at home. It's where we have done well this season and being confident there may result in us winning a trophy. So a win against Arsenal, at home, is essential imho. Plus it would effectively end Arsenal's challenge for a champions league place through the league.

Agree with the general sentiment, four points out of the Liverpool and Arsenal games would be acceptable, but given the fantastic win against UTD I think we can afford to be more optimistic. Six points is within our grasp.

I'd play:

Lloris

Trippier Sanchez Verts Davies

Dembele Wanyama

Lamela Eriksen Alli

Kane

3-1 win. Kane, Alli x 2

So many people wanting 3 at the back.
Our 343 always comes undone against a team playing a 433 with their front 3 pressing our back 3.
Liverpool play 433.
We should be going 4231 with our full backs playing deeper than normal. The worry is Trippier defensively.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see Wanyama instead of Dembele. He still struggles to play more than a game a week with his injuries.

The key to good defending in these games is good play on the ball, and good smart pressing and defending from our front players.

Lose possession too often we'll struggle massively. Get our pressing wrong we'll struggle massively.

I wouldn’t take a draw. We have a far better team than they have. Salah is the only player of theirs that I would like in our first team, well unless Firmino can play behind Kane. Their defence is useless, and Van Dijk is still settling in. We have a much better midfield and goalkeeper. Mane and Son are probably similarly talented, though I think Son is better.

So why are we just going for a draw?

It's not that long since we won there, and we've been close a few times. I think we can nick it on our day!

I think Phil Thompson is great for his unashamed bias towards Liverpool. He’s a proper football fan. But Jesus I draw the line at him picking Robertson over Davies, Van Dijk over Sanchez and Henderson over Dembele in his combined eleven. There’s bias and then there is stupidity.

I was quite suprised by that combined XI. Son on form deserves to be in but he is probably less impact than Mane when he is top of this game. Firmino was never going to be in front of Kane but he is a very good player. Henderson is ok but over Dembele when they are on form, never. But Moussa has not been his best of late until the Man Yoo game. Davies is still average for me so I understand that one. The one that gets me is Van dingdong, he has only played 2 games for them and one he was at fault for a goal, and he was hardly pulling up trees at Southampton. So that one makes no sense to me an seems to be a reputation addition.

I think my mixed XI would be like this:

--------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------------
Trippier----------Sanchez------------Vertonghen--------Robertson

------------------------Henderson-----------------------------------------
----------------------------------Eriksen--------------------------

Salah------------------------Frirmino--------------------------Sane------

--------------------------------------Kane---------------------------------

6 Spurs 5 Liverpoo

Are you not a bit harsh now? he has to find some liverpool players somewhere.

I cannot say that based on this season it is unreasonable to leave the spurs players out. Dembele hasn't been his normal self, Davies is doing fine but will probably lose out to a fit Rose, Sanchez is still learning his trade.

result is:
6 spurs and 5 liverpool players.

Agree with the general sentiment, four points out of the Liverpool and Arsenal games would be acceptable, but given the fantastic win against UTD I think we can afford to be more optimistic. Six points is within our grasp.

I'd play:

Lloris

Dembele Wanyama

Lamela Eriksen Alli

Kane

3-1 win. Kane, Alli x 2

Why an earth would you want to play Lamela when Son is available, 3 times the player and overwhelmingly more effective.

I'd play:

Lloris

Dembele Wanyama

Lamela Eriksen Alli

Kane

3-1 win. Kane, Alli x 2

Why on earth would you want to play Lamela when Son is available, he's 3 times the player, carries a threat and is overwhelmingly more effective.

I was quite suprised by that combined XI. Son on form deserves to be in but he is probably less impact than Mane when he is top of this game. Firmino was never going to be in front of Kane but he is a very good player. Henderson is ok but over Dembele when they are on form, never. But Moussa has not been his best of late until the Man Yoo game. Davies is still average for me so I understand that one. The one that gets me is Van dingdong, he has only played 2 games for them and one he was at fault for a goal, and he was hardly pulling up trees at Southampton. So that one makes no sense to me an seems to be a reputation addition.

I think my mixed XI would be like this:

--------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------------
Trippier----------Sanchez------------Vertonghen--------Robertson

------------------------Henderson-----------------------------------------
----------------------------------Eriksen--------------------------

Salah------------------------Frirmino--------------------------Sane------

--------------------------------------Kane---------------------------------

6 Spurs 5 Liverpoo
How could you possibly pick Henderson over Dembele, Wanyama, Dier or even Winks? Robertson would be third choice LB for us.

Back