• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City ***

Said it 2 weeks ago in the Mourinho thread, there is more to come from us. Being top of the league was actually a hindrance as we thought we'd arrived. But you could see in certain games we are not yet balanced. We are not as good as we can be in possession, and the team are comfortable first and foremost defending. You can see why Mourinho has instilled this into the team. We need a defensive foundation - glad we have it - but it is not balanced yet. Mourinho needs to work on the midfield now.

We were not as good as everyone thought when top of the league, and we're not as bad as it looked today. Just need to get the team's attacking-defensive balance and player rotation right.

tickle my balls with a feather, can not believe there are fans who REALLY believed we were in with a shout of winning the Prem. We are a work in progress and it will not be done overnight. Good post.

I think Partridge must become part of match threads on a regular basis.

The present sub standard match threads should be deleted, they are simply not passing quality control of the OMT Gods. We need to go old school, back to Team badges, news, venues, kick off times, TV channel, stats, etc. Followed up by Honey Badgers, Tom Jones, Sean Connery and lashings of custard.

The severe lack of effort is obviously filtering through to the team!

tickle my balls with a feather, can not believe there are fans who REALLY believed we were in with a shout of winning the Prem. We are a work in progress and it will not be done overnight. Good post.

We’ve been a work in progress for a decade and a half. At some stage you have to dare to dream. We have a very strong squad, a manager who wins wherever he goes and its a season where strange things can happen because of the number of games and lack of fans. There’s no reason to think we weren’t in with a shout. The last week, we’ve performed beneath the level we should be playing at. The last week hasn’t been good enough.

L
The present sub standard match threads should be deleted, they are simply not passing quality control of the OMT Gods. We need to go old school, back to Team badges, news, venues, kick off times, TV channel, stats, etc. Followed up by Honey Badgers, Tom Jones, Sean Connery and lashings of custard.

The severe lack of effort is obviously filtering through to the team!

I agree. In fact, the lack of courage in this dept is pathetic.

We’ve been a work in progress for a decade and a half. At some stage you have to dare to dream. We have a very strong squad, a manager who wins wherever he goes and its a season where strange things can happen because of the number of games and lack of fans. There’s no reason to think we weren’t in with a shout. The last week, we’ve performed beneath the level we should be playing at. The last week hasn’t been good enough.

Well said. Absolutely. This is not Poch, it is Mou. He will not -whether fair or not/ be afforded the same time frame. This needs to be a silver and top four year. He would expect nothing less.

Some people seem to want to talk the players and manager up then give them a low bar for expectations. Strange.

We supposedly have the manager
We have great players all over the pitch, including World Class match-winning attacking talent and strength in depth across the board - absoloutely no reason to not aim high and say we should be challenging.

Every team's a work in progress. Empty statement.

Some people seem to want to talk the players and manager up then give them a low bar for expectations. Strange.

We have great players all over the pitch, including World Class match-winning attacking talent and strength in depth across the board - absoloutely no reason to not aim high and say we should be challenging.

If anyone seriously thinks Jose wasn’t targetting the league when we were top don’t know anything about the man. He’s about winning games and trophies. I’d bet he’s still thinking we can do it.

If anyone thinks Kane, Hugo, Dier and the likes weren’t and aren’t trying to win the league and are happy to write the next few years off as a transition period, they’re underestimating their professionalism.

We’re trying to win the league as we should. We have just let ourselves down badly with the second half performance at Palace and today’s brickshow. We performed below everyone’s expectations.

This game probably came a little too early after Liverpool. It's all a matter of opinion but our attacking play was always a bit off today. Not much, but a millisecond here and there makes a huge difference, particularly against a well-organised team like Leicester. There's no place for approximation in the goals we score and I saw a lot of that today. I'd say Everton and Leicester have shown the rest of the league the blueprint to beat us.

We've been struggling offensively for quite some time now, (Bunley, WBA, Brighton...) and my guess is we left a lot of energy (both physically and mentally) at Anfield. Having said that, our situation isn't any worse now than it was after the Everton game. The only difference is that we were top of the league at some point and now, we're not.

I do hope they players and the manager want to win every game; Anything else would be unacceptable. However, we're not (most of us anyway) elite-level sportsmen on here and if you look at the bigger picture, it's out of our hands. We're still weak in a couple of areas and we lack competition for a few others. It's Liverpool's title to lose and they've shown as much today. It's not the end of the world and we can still have a successful season but I, for one, would be happy with a Top-4 finish and some silverware. Not over the moon, but definitely happy.

Just not acceptable or good enough today, title winning sides rarely drop points three games in a row.

So looking like a fight for top 4 in which we will fail if we don't pick up.

Gone back to bad habits from last season where we have to many periods in games where we are flat, disinterested and second to every ball.

Strange season though so who knows how things will end up.

This Nigel is severely tinkled off.

Exactly how I feel, 1 point from the last 9 is really irritating.

I still think our CB's aren't commading or good enough and we are over reliant on Kane and Son, no one else scores if they don't.

I've been disappointed with out strengh in depth - I thought we had good backs up in attack but what have Moura, Bergwyn and Bale really contributed this season. We haven't been able to rely on any of them.

I've been disappointed with out strengh in depth - I thought we had good backs up in attack but what have Moura, Bergwyn and Bale really contributed this season. We haven't been able to rely on any of them.

Tactically we have been using the non Kane/Son attacker as a bit of an auxiliary defender and both Moura and Bergwijn have filled that role reasonably well so far. It's a shame we haven't seen more of Vinicius but then are any other sides in the habit of dropping out their best attacking player in league games this early in the season?

we are over reliant on Kane and Son, no one else scores if they don't.

Not really a surprise. We play with two DMs, the full-backs stay wide and then there's the 2 CB. So only goalscorers, apart from a set piece, are Kane, Son and the other two. Ndombele is one of those two and doesnt look like a regular goalscorer, and GLC doesnt shoot with power either.

Not really surprising therefore that Jose is rumoured to want a box to box CM

No this present team has not, i think most of us accept that when Pooch went this team was in a mess, not only were players passed it or downed tools and with a manager who seemed to have lost the plot. Since then we have had season that has been messed up with covid breaks and a lot of new players being added to the squad. We have had a bad week for sure but i and many fans i know never really thought/think we are going to win the Prem.

We ARE a work in progress under Jose and any fan who thinks we are not needs to get a grip. I do believe though we have a great chance of winning a cup but the title is just a dream at least for this season. To be honest anyone who really believes we have a chance of winning the title are letting themselves open to being dissapointed leading to them throwing their toys out of the pram when we fail to do so.

Not saying you are one of those "DeanoAustin

1 point from 9 this week

Everton the October Champions.
Spurs the November Champions

We have had to endure the curse of awards. Mourinho manager of the month combined with Son's Puskas award, have combined to derail us.

We still need three players. A beast of a centre half , a playmaker and ( if Bale continues to underwhelm) a striker that can either take players on and beat them or a beast of a centre forward ( Vinicius isn't cutting it either for me).

No this present team has not, i think most of us accept that when Pooch went this team was in a mess, not only were players passed it or downed tools and with a manager who seemed to have lost the plot. Since then we have had season that has been messed up with covid breaks and a lot of new players being added to the squad. We have had a bad week for sure but i and many fans i know never really thought/think we are going to win the Prem.

We ARE a work in progress under Jose and any fan who thinks we are not needs to get a grip. I do believe though we have a great chance of winning a cup but the title is just a dream at least for this season. To be honest anyone who really believes we have a chance of winning the title are letting themselves open to being dissapointed leading to them throwing their toys out of the pram when we fail to do so.

Not saying you are one of those "DeanoAustin

I think it would be foolish to expect to win the league or to lose the head if we don’t. However, I do think we should expect to compete. Jose has been backed, he’s a winner and he’s not a project manager so he’s not going to build a legacy over 5-10 years. When you get Jose, you’re hoping for close to instant success.

I do think we are selling ourselves short if we don’t try to win the league albeit the last week has been seriously damaging to those hopes.

I think it would be foolish to expect to win the league or to lose the head if we don’t. However, I do think we should expect to compete. Jose has been backed, he’s a winner and he’s not a project manager so he’s not going to build a legacy over 5-10 years. When you get Jose, you’re hoping for close to instant success.

I do think we are selling ourselves short if we don’t try to win the league albeit the last week has been seriously damaging to those hopes.

Well i think we should go out and try to win every game so if we try to do that we will be trying to win the league, i do not see that happening though and i was saying that before the last weeks games. As for competing well i think we have been doing that so far or at least trying too. But i say it again ( if only to just tinkle off those
who think its a empty statement :p and again i say i know you did not say/think that) we are a work in progress.

Well i think we should go out and try to win every game so if we try to do that we will be trying to win the league, i do not see that happening though and i was saying that before the last weeks games. As for competing well i think we have been doing that so far or at least trying too. But i say it again ( if only to just tinkle off those
who think its a empty statement :p and again i say i know you did not say/think that) we are a work in progress.

I agree we should always try and win every game. But some games we have simply been too negative. We could easily have had more of a go at Palace in the second half, tested Pools makeshift defence more and made more of a fist at attacking Chelsea's wobbly defence. We were so poor today it was shocking.

We play with two DMs. To protect our back four. Why do we also need Son and Bergwyn to be auxiliary full backs as well? Yes it is tightening up our defence but it has severely curtailed our attacking capabilities. We have only scored 0 2 1 1 and 0 ( so four goals in our last five games). This simply isn't good enough.

Back