• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City ***

He was terrible and reverted to type. Why?
They all looked like they have lost belief!
Liverpool result looks to have destroyed any confidence they ‘may’ have had. They now look shell shocked!
Mentally there looked for be no fight and no belief
Really really odd IMO
Not one player took charge and the verbal player I heard on TV was Dier from the back
There are some players out there that are just not technically capable enough and it showed
Leicester had the ball first half and created nothing of note. Stupid mistake and they switch to their favoured counter attacking (possession swung 20% second half in our favour) and we lose
Woefully bad

Said it 2 weeks ago in the Mourinho thread, there is more to come from us. Being top of the league was actually a hindrance as we thought we'd arrived. But you could see in certain games we are not yet balanced. We are not as good as we can be in possession, and the team are comfortable first and foremost defending. You can see why Mourinho has instilled this into the team. We need a defensive foundation - glad we have it - but it is not balanced yet. Mourinho needs to work on the midfield now.

We were not as good as everyone thought when top of the league, and we're not as bad as it looked today. Just need to get the team's attacking-defensive balance and player rotation right.

Trouble is we are good, or appear good, defensively because we are essentially all out defence - the sheer numbers of bodies kept back and the compactness makes it incredibly hard for opponents to break down
I'm not sure how you naturally progress from that to play a more expansive game as it's strength is the fact that the whole team are setup to defend - move away from that and you need to redefine how you actually defend...

Said a few weeks ago that Bale had to start performing and it didn’t go down well here. He’s been here two months. He should be at a level where he’s contributing but he’s been anonymous in any game I’ve seen him play. Not good enough so far and he’s running out of time to turn it around.

Tough ask in today's game with them sitting back. He is showing some pace, he's got a good touch, and he can belt the ball into the net. Would have liked to have seen some rotation. We could have been ready and prepared from the first whistle.We lost any preparedness today with the subs and injury to Le Celco.

We've got players who can play in possession, but a manager who doesn't know how to setup a team to play that way.
In midfield?
we play sissoko to baby sit Aurier
We have PEH who has been brilliant TBF
Surely we can bin sissoko abs play someone who recognises what the ball is there for

You've changed your tune...

Never liked Sunday afternoon football, to me Sunday afternoon is family time. Enjoy evening football though.

As for the football on offer, you know what your getting with Mourinho but that said I did not expect him to run the players into the ground so much and refuse to rotate. We have definitely slowed the pace of our attacks down as well.

Trouble is we are good, or appear good, defensively because we are essentially all out defence - the sheer numbers of bodies kept back and the compactness makes it incredibly hard for opponents to break down
I'm not sure how you naturally progress from that to play a more expansive game as it's strength is the fact that the whole team are setup to defend - move away from that and you need to redefine how you actually defend...

I think that is why getting Ndomble setup in a settled midfield is so vital - you need players to transition from defense. He's the most accomplished moving away from people pressing. Le Celco is not too shabby either. But can they play together? I'm not sure Mourinho is convinced. So the next step for us is getting our midfield unit working - for me.

I think that is why getting Ndomble setup in settled midfield is so vital - you need players to transition from defense. He's the most accomplished moving away from people pressing. Le Celco is not too shabby either. But can they play together? I'm not sure Mourinho is convinced. So the next step for us is getting our midfield unit working - for me.

I'd expect a lot of managers to be happy with Ndombele Lo Celso Hojberg as midfield options with Winks Sissoko Dele in reserve and be able to find a way to play football on the front foot.

I'd expect a lot of managers to be happy with Ndombele Lo Celso Hojberg as midfield options.

How often have we played all 3? How often has Mourinho pulled one of them early when we have?

I don't think the setup is there yet. It might be 2 of the 3 is what we need.

Back