• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Hull City ********

Really weren't as bad as some are making out. Was it a dominant performance? Not really. But away at a team that have a lot of good players, and we got the points. It's rarely going to be easy in this day and age.

Also hull wouldn't have been able to keep that intensity going even with 11 on the pitch. We really should be more positive. Oh and where's the Liverpool crisis? 1 up at relegation fodder and pumped 3-1 with one shot on target! Perspective please people. I

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

My take on this? As long as we don't get relegated his season - and today should be huge in the players going in to the Everton game in a more positive frame of mind - I don't care where we end up. I just want some managerial consistency, and then we should see a decent attacking team again, who can win most of their home fixtures. So from that perspective, 3 points today is FAB FAB FAB - so we got lucky - that's football. I've been kicked in the teeth by this game enough to enjoy the moments when we get the luck.

My take on this? As long as we don't get relegated his season - and today should be huge in the players going in to the Everton game in a more positive frame of mind - I don't care where we end up. I just want some managerial consistency, and then we should see a decent attacking team again, who can win most of their home fixtures. So from that perspective, 3 points today is FAB FAB FAB - so we got lucky - that's football. I've been kicked in the teeth by this game enough to enjoy the moments when we get the luck.

I'd be happy If the Manager is allowed to get rid of the lazy ***** in the squad.
I don't care how much we lose on players we need a clearout.

I know it may not be productive and also be a bit arrogant to waltz in at the end of the omt without really reading much that has gone before but christ, absolute dog****. A crazy red card aside (not for the first), just absolute dog****. It's actually terrifying. I can't even pick a specific part of our play to criticize because it was all so bad. Want to be more positive and just enjoy the three points but there is only so many times we'll get a ridiculous red going our way, might be good to get another idea from somewhere.

I know it may not be productive and also be a bit arrogant to waltz in at the end of the omt without really reading much that has gone before but christ, absolute dog****. A crazy red card aside (not for the first), just absolute dog****. It's actually terrifying. I can't even pick a specific part of our play to criticize because it was all so bad. Want to be more positive and just enjoy the three points but there is only so many times we'll get a ridiculous red going our way, might be good to get another idea from somewhere.

Did you not see the second half where we actually played some decent football from time to time?

That was a clear red card in my view. Don't understand how people can say otherwise... if you're on the ground and deliberately lash out at someone with your foot it's considered violent conduct. Them's the rules. I'm not suggesting that it was in any way dangerous. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that this is one of those occasions where the rules are made to look daft. But that doesn't mean the officials should ignore them, and Bruce is silly for suggesting otherwise. I also think Livermore would have been sent off without question if Hull hadn't already been down to 10 men.

Aside from that, I thought we were pretty weak for most of the first half and would have been punished by a better team. We were much better in the second half... but it's easy to attribute that to the early red card. All the same, we took advantage of it and should have won the game 4-1 (both Soldado and Kane missed absolute sitters). I thought Lennon was our best player out there today, Lamela and Eriksen linked up well in the second half and Chiriches was better at right back than he's ever been at centre back for us.

Overall it wasn't an inspiring performance, but you can't argue with the 3 points. As others have pointed out; it's nearly December and we're two points off the Champions League places, equal on points with Arsenal and Everton and ahead of Liverpool. We're in the quarter finals of the league cup and have all-but qualified for the knock-out stages in Europe. And all this despite the fact that Pochettino clearly doesn't have the team functioning the way he'd like yet. Give him time, another couple of transfer windows and who knows?

None of which optimism takes away from the fact that right now our defence is extremely error-prone and - collectively - our strike force simply isn't scoring enough goals.

Last edited:
^ haven't seen it since the match but didn't he also throw (and land) a punch on Vertonghens backside?

Did you not see the second half where we actually played some decent football from time to time?

I saw Eriksen (and Mason occasionlyto be fair) do some great stuff once we had the numerical advantage against much "weaker" opposition due to a joke red card

It's so tight point wise and it only takes a two or three game spell to shift ambitions/complete media reaction and I recognize that but just going by the gut feeling from watching us play this season, maybe Pochettinho's the man to fix it but if that's the case then so many of the players will surely have to go or just start playing like another player.

Potentially I'm also one of the ones that has an agenda with certain players, I'd like to think I don't and judge it on a game by game basis but so many of the players just **** me off so much with their general ****ness

^ haven't seen it since the match but didn't he also throw (and land) a punch on Vertonghens backside?

My view of the red is that Verts was as guilty as the other player because his momentum had stopped yet he (I'm not saying stamped but) walked over a player on the floor without being kind of chilled about it.

I think technically we can say it was totes a red by the rules of the law, in the same way that Benteke's was. And great, mazel tov. But is there always going to be an out of nowhere, petulant reaction incident to get us out of the mire when we're playing like a bunch of pricks who've just met each other? I'd wager probably not.

Red card all day long.

What is being missed by the pundits is he catches the front of JV's right foot as he lashes out with his other leg creating a scissor action which brings JV down. He also swings a punch for JV's backside which is a straight red for intent. It's violent conduct.

But then having had to listen to the daft commentary of the game I shouldn't have expected any better... Suggesting Soldado is known to be a threat from outside the box and if you give him a chance he scores from there was a new low in ignorance.

I'm with you on this mate, I really am. I can't believe people can't see how utterly awful we were. Yes we were better when they went down to ten men, but that's hardly something to crow about.

We are a total shambles at the moment, and I can't see where things are going to improve.

Red card all day long.

What is being missed by the pundits is he catches the front of JV's right foot as he lashes out with his other leg creating a scissor action which brings JV down. He also swings a punch for JV's backside which is a straight red for intent. It's violent conduct.

But then having had to listen to the daft commentary of the game I shouldn't have expected any better... Suggesting Soldado is known to be a threat from outside the box and if you give him a chance he scores from there was a new low in ignorance.

On the American commentary were treated to the gem that 'Paulinho is an amazing defensive midfielder'. I kid you not

Some great celebrations today when the goal went in: Pochettino, Vertonghen.... and the lucky sod who joined in the bundle!

Just back from Hull and another hollow victory where a red card has turned it in our favour!

We were shocking in the 1st half in particular Eriksen...he may not like having to do the defensive work but at least make an effort...his pressing and work rate was shocking and allowed cross after cross to come in...he wasn't the only one culpable! Granted he did play well 2nd half and whenever in a central area but yet again he is another player that should only play if played centrally otherwise he's a liability!

Hull should have been 2 or 3 up and deserved to be at half time yet we were let off the hook and the luck of another red card allowed us the win! Who knows this may be the kick start we need but said exactly the same after Villa and we go lose at home to Stoke! We need a massive overhaul...bringing in players that want and can play Poch's way because these certainly can't! Everton at home and Chelsea away we'll leave us back in the bottom half of the table!

I'm with you on this mate, I really am. I can't believe people can't see how utterly awful we were. Yes we were better when they went down to ten men, but that's hardly something to crow about.

We are a total shambles at the moment, and I can't see where things are going to improve.

How about this for a plan to improve.

1. Keep Fazio and Verts together and pray they improve.
2. Play 433 with Eriksen in the middle coming from deep supported by one or two DMs
3. Give Kane and Soldado a run together to see if they can gel. More movement and running off the ball is required
4 play with some wonky width on at least one side Lamela/ Lennon/ Chadli to give us some width till Walker/Yedlin arrives

It's not great, but at least it's a plan to improve us and at the moment that is the key. Small steps.

2. Play 433 with Eriksen in the middle coming from deep supported by one or two DMs
3. Give Kane and Soldado a run together to see if they can gel. More movement and running off the ball is required
4 play with some wonky width on at least one side Lamela/ Lennon/ Chadli to give us some width till Walker/Yedlin arrives

It's not great, but at least it's a plan to improve us and at the moment that is the key. Small steps.

Oh it certainly can be improved. My comment was more in terms of whether Poch will change his preferred formation to allow us some width.

Well said. To summarise even more concisely - keep Eriksen central and let the various partnerships around the pitch gel over time, which they will do.

@MC_of_A: xG map for Hull-Spurs. It was about 1.0 - 0.7 before the red card. I think. But Spurs dominant vs 10 men.
B3JelhECUAAyzFW.png

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...ttenham-hotspur-stats-analysis-expected-goals :-k

Back