• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Winks was fudging pants! Constantly lost the ball, didn't track runs, and the customary Parker piruettes when an early pass was the better option. Honestly, he's had 1 good game this season. In the others he's been average at best, and yesterday was well below average!
Winks was doing his best to cover midfield. He isn't really a DM like Dier/Wanyama but is doing his best. Sissoko was hiding from passes and strolling around, not even trying to make himself available. Hence Winks didn't have options and had to turn back.

Watched the highlights again, and just noticed that Arsenal played the ball straight to Son from kick-off!! :D:D Didn't notice that live. Hilarious!

Winks was doing his best to cover midfield. He isn't really a DM like Dier/Wanyama but is doing his best. Sissoko was hiding from passes and strolling around, not even trying to make himself available. Hence Winks didn't have options and had to turn back.
He had plenty of options the times he spun around. One time he had trippier to his right, Son in the middle and Eriksen to the left, all in plenty of space. Had nothing to do with Sissoko. In fact he ended up playing a backward pass to....... Have a guess!!!

Disagree with you both
We won that game and looked very solid IMO
Sissoko was everywhere and winks won and used the ball well
He could have used it quicker I agree but he was good for me
Torreira the next coming of Christ looked bang average IMO and they took off Raghu doll head as he couldn’t keep up

Disagree with you both
Torreira the next coming of Christ looked bang average IMO and they took off Raghu doll head as he couldn’t keep up
I thought Sissoko was really good, his passing has really improved and looks more comfortable in every aspect - except finishing:D

It concerns me how much he’s being used though, I can barely remember a game he’s been rested (I know there was one) and considering the type of player he is - not just a CM who tend to cover a lot of ground anyway,but one who gets up and down more than most. Surely he’s due a rest soon....

I thought both Winks and Sissoko didn't track the midfield runners. Both were equally guilty of that, but with the ball they were fine IMO.

Interesting as i saw sissoko cover for au aubayang several times after he had done trippier
I can remember barking at the screen more than once about midfield runners being left by both of them left. I'm guessing it didn't happen every time but it only takes once, as they say.

I can remember barking at the screen more than once about midfield runners being left by both of them left. I'm guessing it didn't happen every time but it only takes once, as they say.

True
Second half I would guess and early probably
They went 3 at the back so had more in midfield which is what hurt is in the league game

Most people posting on here about transfers seem to think we should be spending that type of money as they have no idea of the reality of our situation and I've no problem with questioning players ability but feel the time was not right after an important victory when that should be something to celebrate rather than start ********* is brick campaign. In time people will realise these are the good times and should make the most of them.

Don't disagree, but this is a forum for fans to discuss our team. If someone puts forward a view I disagree with I would rather respond with a counter argument than try to shut down debate entirely. The only posts I object to are the ones that character assasinate a player- unless we are talking about Sol Campbell of course.

Disagree with you both

I am not sure we looked that solid, there was times we looked all over the place defensively.

I thought Sissoko was really good, his passing has really improved and looks more comfortable in every aspect - except finishing:D

It concerns me how much he’s being used though, I can barely remember a game he’s been rested (I know there was one) and considering the type of player he is - not just a CM who tend to cover a lot of ground anyway,but one who gets up and down more than most. Surely he’s due a rest soon....

We've been damn lucky that Winks and Sissoko have stayed fit (hopefully this won't jinx it) as we just can't rely on Dembele and Wanyama any more. Plus Dier has had his own injury and illnesses to deal with.

Most people posting on here about transfers seem to think we should be spending that type of money as they have no idea of the reality of our situation and I've no problem with questioning players ability but feel the time was not right after an important victory when that should be something to celebrate rather than start ********* is brick campaign. In time people will realise these are the good times and should make the most of them.

I won't get into transfers as there's another thread for that. Wednesday was a great win and a great night for the club. That doesn't mean every poster has to say that every player played a 10/10 and that we can't upgrade on certain players. I know some people on here don't like it when criticism, constructive or otherwise is levelled to any aspect of the club and especially when some praise players or managers of other clubs but the forum would be a boring place if we just say nothing but "COYS" and "In Spurs we trust". Some people get really annoyed when we praise other clubs in the big 6 almost as if we are having a dig at Tottenham by praising other clubs which is just crazy.

I am not sure we looked that solid, there was times we looked all over the place defensively.

I really don't think so.

Second half did Gazza make a save? I think its atypical derby game where we as fans over reacted watching it expecting some kind of storm from them but they barely hit the target and we sucked up what little pressure they had against us. They hit the bar with a miss hit cross and they hit the post with a shot that was actually covered if it was on target

I've no problem with anyone not rating certain players as long as they have constructive criticism or analysis of performance, it's the xxxxxxxx is rubbish or brick comments I find unacceptable and if such comments need to be made then they should be in a thread related to that player not detracting from a terrific performance in the cup against our rivals. There are things I don't agree with but I accept that we are talking about human beings not robots and mistakes will be made, far to many people buy into the media mantra "winners great, losers rubbish" and have become just as entitled other fans get ridiculed for.

I really don't think so.

Second half did Gazza make a save? I think its atypical derby game where we as fans over reacted watching it expecting some kind of storm from them but they barely hit the target and we sucked up what little pressure they had against us. They hit the bar with a miss hit cross and they hit the post with a shot that was actually covered if it was on target

They hit the post and the bar, as you said - but I think the post shot was going in.

I have not watched it back, it is just how I recall - so you you could be right....

I really don't think so.

I think that’s a pretty good analysis. I was never really comfortable until about the 85th minute when I started to relax, but I think that’s just like you say, expecting the worst rather than anything that happened on the pitch. They had a good 5 minutes after the break when I thought “here we go” but really other than that we werent really conceding chances.

I think PEA is a really good player but he looked knackered, think they’ll have to give him a break soon and it’s not the greatest time of year to get a good rest in with so many games.

Back