• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Watford ***

Who was the ref? He came across as a real show pony.
I’m guessing it was the new Australian lad as he was young
3 penalties were clear in that game IMO (no help given from Var) and he have very soft free kicks against attackers repeatedly
The lack of play on for their lad when fouled and in was awful IMO

didnt see the game! sounds absolutely abysmal performance reading on here.
Royal has no atacking ability ..Aurier was even better. No speed down the outside which is a badly needed option.You have to have both options on each flank. So frustrating it appears today.
... anyway anyway anyway its Spurs...what do we expect. Mr Levy needs to get our scouts thinking caps on..thats if he's
going to sign anyone..

We weren't abysmal at all. We did a lot of things well. Moved the ball quite well, kept their counter attacks to a minimum, pushed players both to create and win the ball back quickly, mostly defended well.

The only thing we really did badly was the final part of chance creation against a bus parking team, one of the hardest things to do well.

Lost a bit of control in the second half, started giving the ball away needlessly a bit. That wasn't great.

Far from abysmal, still real clear positives and progress. Just need a couple of solutions that I think we may have to find in the transfer market.

Emerson is, as I said before he signed, not very good. The Sissoko of right backs. Great engine and physique, very little football ability. Every attack died at his feet. Worst player on the pitch.

He is a very good defensive right back. Probably the role he was signed to play.

Defensively he's also very good as a wing back. That's kind of neat, not always the easiest switch defensively either from RB to RWB.

He's rather average going forward, even for a full back, more so for a wing back.

Don't think we would have signed him had Conte been in charge in the summer. He's just not a great fit for that role.

He doesn’t care the type of player as long as they play his way
His issue today was we didn’t take the chances we created again
It’s what he said in his post match chat on BBC
I think he will be frustrated that his attacking options are so limited. He has one striker, 2 second strikers (if we call son and Moura that) and has to shoe horn Bergwein in as a striker
Everywhere else he does have options. Yes ones that can be improved but options none the less, apart from up top

I do think people maybe wanna go and look at Contes teams in the past

he always plays wing backs and normally has a variety of them (we don’t have that really currently unless he fancies Doherty)

he has two main goal scorers up top and a runner from midfield who gets double figures ish… we only have dele for that latter role and one striker… 1

he gets his defence well organised quickly and allows the two wide CBS to join attacks

his CMs are normally 2 holders, one who is a quarterback type abs one who is an aggressor, plus that runner form midfield

he played 3-4-3 at Chelsea but had much much more time with the players to get them coached
Everywhere else it’s been 3-5-2

people complaining about crosses and also passing backwards (you hear the moans at the ground) are in for a rough time as it’s 80% or his tactics

If we play two up front Son is definitely a clear starting player up front. He is and isn't a striker.

We definitely lack a right wing back option. We played two games with a single day in between and Emerson started both. Emerson was ineffective all game today and was kept on. Doherty isn't an option, he's in the squad.

We don't have a LCB option. Just like Son and Bergwijn "aren't strikers" our other centre backs aren't left centre backs. Capable of playing there, yes, but not a natural fit.

I agree with a lot in your second post. If will take some time, probably a signing or two, but he will keep doing his thing as he should.

The frustration from fans will disappear when we get better at doing what he wants us to do, in part that has to come from signings I think.

If we play two up front Son is definitely a clear starting player up front. He is and isn't a striker.

We definitely lack a right wing back option. We played two games with a single day in between and Emerson started both. Emerson was ineffective all game today and was kept on. Doherty isn't an option, he's in the squad.

We don't have a LCB option. Just like Son and Bergwijn "aren't strikers" our other centre backs aren't left centre backs. Capable of playing there, yes, but not a natural fit.

I agree with a lot in your second post. If will take some time, probably a signing or two, but he will keep doing his thing as he should.

The frustration from fans will disappear when we get better at doing what he wants us to do, in part that has to come from signings I think.
Good son with Kane is blinding
Son right now is poor. His control is gash and he receives the ball behind himself too often
We need good son asap
Buy we also need another striker. Someone who can alternate with him and Kane and it’s exactly what’s been missing last 2 games

It’s always really hard breaking down these kinds of teams, Poch struggled. It’s why it’s the hardest league in the world and Pep has spent a fortune building a side to tackle it as he has. Davinson my MoM. But well done Son for that delivery.
This. Not many teams can break down a well organized defense that is on its day. Still, we were creating chances, which is the big difference between Nuno and Conte. They may not have been high quality chances, apart from Son's, but we were constantly giving their defense something to think about. And aside from a 5 minute period in the second half we kept going at them. That's all you can ask for really, so I don't get why some people are slagging off our performance.

Good son with Kane is blinding
Son right now is poor. His control is gash and he receives the ball behind himself too often
We need good son asap
Buy we also need another striker. Someone who can alternate with him and Kane and it’s exactly what’s been missing last 2 games

Son is great with space to attack. Running in behind, running at players. Facing away from goal, standing still without an obvious path to run with the ball, combination play, not so great.

Another striker probably makes a 3-5-2 a lot more attractive. Right now we have no real trusted options to Kane and Son up front, makes it difficult.

Another forward and a right wing back should be the priority.

Son is great with space to attack. Running in behind, running at players. Facing away from goal, standing still without an obvious path to run with the ball, combination play, not so great.

Another striker probably makes a 3-5-2 a lot more attractive. Right now we have no real trusted options to Kane and Son up front, makes it difficult.

Another forward and a right wing back should be the priority.
Agreed
A RWB who can attack well
I like the danish lad at Atlanta

Sanchez looks quite subdued when he scores - does he get a lot of flack from fans in the stadium?

Does Conte want creative midfielders? Kessie doesn't sound like one and he's the only midfielder we seem to be getting linked to

Interesting question.

I guess it depends in part of what you mean by creative? Also on if we play a midfield two or midfield three?

For now it doesn't seem to be top priority.

Back