• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Stade Rennais***

Technically I think they could travel directly to France? Just not allowed in the UK until 10 days out of a red list country.
Yeah, the info I posted yesterday was incorrect. Those LatAm countries are on France's red list, but only for those flying in directly from them. And irrelevant altogether if fully vaccinated. So technically they could have travelled to France from Croatia, it seems. But I expect with no time training with the squad, and then having to either stay on in France, or go back to Croatia to complete the 10 day stint, it makes sense for them not to travel. Plus imagine if they contracted covid in their travels - they'd be stranded for even longer.

It looked like that to me at the game. You tend to focus on these things more (than the TV people) yourself when you're there, as it's a FFS moment.

We could have all our defence available Sunday bar Japhet.

I had been expecting Romero/Sanchez on Sunday but I think that Sanchez/Dier is preferable

Yep - Lukaku up against Sanchez is no contest - Sanchez would be bullied. Dier has a bit more strength

For me it is mainly about having as little change as possible ahead of our toughest test of the season, so far. Sanchez and Dier have been playing well together. Skipp, Hojbjerg and Dele have been providing good protection. If they are fit, they all start in the positions they have played in the first three games. Romero's time will come.

Yeah, the info I posted yesterday was incorrect. Those LatAm countries are on France's red list, but only for those flying in directly from them. And irrelevant altogether if fully vaccinated. So technically they could have travelled to France from Croatia, it seems. But I expect with no time training with the squad, and then having to either stay on in France, or go back to Croatia to complete the 10 day stint, it makes sense for them not to travel. Plus imagine if they contracted covid in their travels - they'd be stranded for even longer.

They could have met with the rest of the team in France, and played tonight. Then the team stayed in France until Saturday and the end of the ten day period, before all flying back to Tottenham. As I suggested earlier. It could have been a perfect fix. In fact, there was nothing stopping the team from heading to France straight after the Palace match and then all training as a collective.

Yes I think you are right.

It also doesn't look good to be travelling around, plus it's not the biggest match to take such risks etc.

I'm just itching to see Romero play again, but prob makes sense for the club to be sensible.

E_at2ZlVgAQNseM

Markandy in the squad. I've been reading good things about this lad.

Would be nice if Kane can bag another brace tonight ready for Sunday

Markandy in the squad. I've been reading good things about this lad.

Would be nice if Kane can bag another brace tonight ready for Sunday

Markanday was in the squad against Palace. Would be good to get to see him have minutes tonight though.

Like that team, stronger than you would think we would usually play in this tournament. There’s one or two places up for grabs, it’s down to you now NDombele…..

Hopefully he’s saving him for January with a big ‘for sale’ sign stamped on his head. He’s not performed at the required level for some time.

after his performances in Portugal and against Palace have to assume he’s been dropped…

Absolutely absurd team selection.

Nuno should have picked his 11 for this sunday and then left that entire team in London.

Even if we lose this game it doesnt matter - a make shift team of fringe players and youth would end in the top 2 in the group.

Now a highly difficult task on sunday has been made impossible as the likes of Kane will now have that thursday to sunday lethargicness and all for a game tonight we can easily afford to lose.

I do hope more than ever now that my ticket for sunday sells on the exchange as we will likely get an absolute hiding.

Back