• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, Sun 5th Oct 2014 ***

Not quite as pedestrian as most of the displays hitherto, with a bit more energy in evidence at last, but still rather unsatisfying, for all that. I think there's a definite lack of excitement in the crowd when we get on the ball, even when we manage to break at pace, There isn't the roar, the anticipation of a goal, and that's because you sort of know that, 9 times out of 10, there's only going to be a misplaced pass, or a blocked or off-target shot on the end of it all.

After years of watching Defoe, Modric & Lennon being barged over and getting nothing, it really is annoying to see decisions like that. Particularly when Wanyama committed at least 4 fouls in the first half and not even a word.

What a massive Danchev that Mane was today, riduclous amount of cheating all through the game, karma when he missed !!!

Enjoyed today a lot, some good stuff, noshortage of effort and energy, a lot faster with the ball too

:lol:

[vine]OKMhelE3wO5[/vine]

Great to see the reaction of the players at the final whistle, the more often they put a shift in like that and get results the more they will buy into the ethos.
Build from the back, clean sheets are the starting point and everything else will come.
As Good as Chelsea are at the minute it all stems from them being superb at the back, marshalled by a hateful man but a great defender!
Thought that was as good as Lamela has been, needs a change of luck in front of goal though.

Lamela and Eriksen still making too many poor decisions. They seem to select the most difficult/showy option rather than the most effective. E.g. lamela's shot, Chadli would have been in if he bothered to pass to him.

On the ranking thread I have generally given higher marks for our defenders. The forwards have their moments, but no one seems able to contribute for the whole 90 minutes and as a group they lack cohension, How often do forward moves break down due to an un forced error due to a misunderstanding. Chadli, Eriksen, Ade and Lamela have little individual cameos and that was enough against the Saints, but will not be adequate against the likes of City.

the ref had a huge influence on the game, neutering ours but emboldening theirs. such a poor referee, wouldn't be surprised if he'd be at the centre of some fifa investigation in the future :-"

Lamela and Eriksen still making too many poor decisions. They seem to select the most difficult/showy option rather than the most effective. E.g. lamela's shot, Chadli would have been in if he bothered to pass to him.

you can only say that if it didn't go in.

clear chance on goal - SHOOT ! is every attacker's entitlement. and it was on target and lamela stretched the keeper. i thought the ball had a lucky bounce that made it easier for the keeper, usually this new ball would just skim off the surface.

on the other hand i was glad to see chadli, eriksen and lamela taking strikes at goal. all on target, it rattled the soton defence somewhat and i believe those attempts actually stopped them form attacking wholeheartedly.

remember they are coming to the lane believing that they have an iron defence only for it to be breached so easily....

:lol:

[vine]OKMhelE3wO5[/vine]

kaboul's positioning is odd for this one. with dier covering, he should've anticipated and anticipated the cross (dawson would).

ultimately we had two CBs covering the near post and that is something kaboul and verts need to sort out.

respect for Koeman:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ald-koeman-slams-southampton-fans_181005.html

Consequently, the Argentine was jeered by a section of the travelling fans at times throughout the encounter, but Koeman claims that his opposite number deserved respect.

"That's the reaction of the fans. I don't agree. Everybody deserves respect," the Southampton manager told The Mirror.
"Normally respect is high in the Premier League. I respect Mauricio very much and he did a great job at Southampton and now he's the manager of Tottenham."

Forster had a shocker of a game for Saints yesterday, do like him as a keeper but boy he had an off day, normally keepers have the game of their lives against us at WHL

Forster had a shocker of a game for Saints yesterday, do like him as a keeper but boy he had an off day, normally keepers have the game of their lives against us at WHL

Thought most of their team had an off-day, I thought Schneiderlin was very poor, Pelle was non-existant upfront, Tadic looked a shadow of the player he has been at the start of the season. I thought their defence looked vulnerable and shaky most of the game.

However, how much of that was down to them having an off-day or being rattled by our 100mph start to the game, i'm not sure.

Spurs have started very quickly

come on saints wake the fook up!!!

Spurs seem to have mastered the Poch pressing game.

Tony gale is a fecking idiot

Tony Gale is a knob!

saints not quite with it so far seem a bit shocked at spurs start

Mane is running rings round them

Same poster at HT:

I'd get Long on for Mane at HT, he's been useless after the first 15 or so.

Good move to set up Morgan but Pelle just couldn't get out of the way.

Spurs started at a very high tempo but they have faded already.

not looking great nervous about this spurs look more up for it!

Spurs looking more dangerous. I would settle for a point at the moment.

Every tackle is penalised..ffs..needs to be a foul FFS

Dirty cheating fecker Lamela. Rolling around holding his head after he had his ankle tapped by Big Vic.

frasers kicking is awful at times

Schneiderlin and Forster have been bloody awful. The midfield has been completely overrun in the last half hour

Why can't these North London Yobbos think up their own song FFS!

Worst we've played this season. Bunch of individuals playing. Really need to sort it out at half time.

Have to give credit to Spurs. They have swarmed all over us, like MP teams do

Spurs have been by far the better team, their attacking 3 have pressed and worked and bossed the game, Erikksen has had so much space, Poch getting that pressing game were all so familiar with

we're not being given an inch! Pele has hardly had a touch.

We are second best all over the pitch and being harried and pushed......

A combination of Tottenhams best half and a distinctly average one by our recent performances BUT we are still in the race at half time so hopefully we can come out in the 2nd half and play better as they will certainly not keep up the pace that they played the first half at for sure

Wanyama getting penalised for being to strong for adebayor

Yep, ridiculous. Earlier in the half Mane and a Spurs player went shoulder to shoulder and Mane stayed on his feet and shrugged him off, no foul was given. Wanyama has gone shoulder to shoulder twice, outmuscled the Spurs player and been penalised both times. It's f*cking ridiculous.

Was it just me or was there a handball from that Tadic freekick when it hit the wall? Stream wasn't great but looked like it deflected off the hands of the player. If so, really f*cking annoying - that should be handball all day long, and I specifically remember us having a penalty given against us for that a few years back.

I honestly didn't think we were THAT bad. Spurs were very good and we were just...OK.

FFS - Wanyama getting penalised every time he makes a tackle.

Spurs have played well but they've had to work really hard to do it. I think they could be there for the taking in the last 20 minutes.

Nobody's really playing badly, but nobody's having a good game either, least of all the ref. Should be at least 1 yellow per side, and any time Wanyama makes any kind of tackle it's a freekick.

The entire midfield have been very poor. Being out battled by the likes of Lamela, Eriksen and Mason ffs.

We are letting Adebayor look good need to win more first time balls.

Red bottled that!!!! Red card all day long

Don't even think it was a foul personally. But if the ref thinks it is a foul it should possibly be a red.

have we actually had a serious shot on goal even?

Dam nearly equalised . Great save by their keeper

Our corners are dump.

Where is Plan B - time to vary this and bring someone on.

Pelle has been terrible

He`s had little to work with ...but dont let fact get in the way of a good moan about a player

If we dont win are we going to have the boo hoo.."why cant we win every week" ...he`s **** and he`s **** blah blah

spurs by far the better team today unfortunately

Pellé and the rest haven't been poor. We're simply playing a team who are playing better than us this week.

Awful Awful change by Koeman, taking Wanyama off and ceding midfield to tottenham when we had them rocking. Total **** up!

Spurs for sure won the midfield today

They have been very good to be fair and we have not been sharp enough.

The annoying thing is that Spurs aren't actually that good. We were just terrible in all departments and they completely deserved the win.

Sods law that Spurs choose today to start playing like Saints of last season.

Can't win them all, now getting messages from quite a few spurs mates typically after hearing nothing all week - ***ts.

didn't do anywhere near enough to deserve anything from the game!

F**k off, we were easily worth a point.

We didn't get going today, we couldn't handle Adebeyor and Forster looked dodgy on at least two occasions spilling shots\crosses.

I thought Spurs utterly average. Our final ball and Mane's shocking finish cost us.

Yes, in possession Spurs were average, but when we had the ball, they did EXACTLY what we did to teams last season - sometimes we couldn't punish sides last year, but we stopped the opposition from playing.

Sh*t happens - let's hope we get stronger after this? Only thing I would question is why Long did not come on earlier to give that thug Rose a taste of his own medicine?

Spurs played out from the back very effectively, and our midfield wasn't able to stop it.

Going to White Hot Lane and playing 3 men up doesn't work. We lacked the control in midfield and should at least have played 4-4-2.

Spuds played 5 men in midfield and always had the extra player available whenever we got the possession. Good games from Wanyama and Clyne, but Schneiderlin looked off pace.

Some wonderful irony on here. Spurs did to us what we did to many teams last season. They didn't let us play, and smothered us. Last season when we did that, we kept calling for people to recognise the fact that it wasn't the teams we beat who had played badly, but that we didn't let them play. Well, QED - that just happened to us.

Credit to Spurs. Just a shame that the first game when Poch really got them going had to be against us.

Just back from game. Thought we were worth a draw. Tough game which got bogged down in midfield. Looked dangerous when we got to the byline which wasn't nearly enough. The ref was poor for both sides but mostly, it seemed against Saints.

Got back from the game. Wanyama and Spider gave good performances. Davis, not so sure today, Tadic also had an off day and we won't mention Mane's sitter...

Turgid midfield passing and lack of pace and quickness of thought undid us today. Kept taking way too long to get the ball forward, not enough momentum on the counter attack and sloppy passing. There was a really stupid linesman error just before the goal though. The ball went out of play on the left just before Spuds scored (I had a perfect view along with many others) but the linesman was looking the complete other way (not towards the action or the ball but towards us for some reason) so didn't turn his head round in time and missed it. Absolute p1ss-take.

Think that had turgid draw written all over it tbh though. Disappointed we lost. We squandered our chances though so no one else to blame. Spurs played ok, but were ultimately better than us when it mattered in the end to get the win, but think we deserved a point. Frustrating.

just home after a few beers,have to say that spurs seemed to want it more.
thought it was handball by adebyour before they scored and we should have got the free kick.
it was a test for us today and unfortunately we couldn't beat them,they are a better team and this is how we need to be to get to the next level.
still great start to the season and long way to go
as for spurs fans,well what a useless bunch of ******s they are,to call the emirates a library,white hart lane aint far behind,

They don't like us much. Still get the impression from reading these comments that we finished way way lower than them last season.

They don't like us much. Still get the impression from reading these comments that we finished way way lower than them last season.

It's becaus traditionally anytinebthwy had soenienbdwcebtvwe signed them or gave them the managers job

There a good club and potentially a decent side but the two times they played a side that finished above them last season they have lost

It's becaus traditionally anytinebthwy had soenienbdwcebtvwe signed them or gave them the managers job

There a good club and potentially a decent side but the two times they played a side that finished above them last season they have lost

Couldn't agree more.

On Mane's miss: Earlier in the move he was in front of Dembele, Capoue and Mason. He layed the ball off and went in behind and not one of them tracked him as all three tried to crowd out the next man in possession. Vertonghen confused Kaboul by taking the front post and yeah Kaboul should've read it, but for me that chance was because neither of those three midfielders dropped to follow the run.

It would seem they have the same gripes about their team as we have about ours! Funny old world ain't it

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

On Mane's miss: Earlier in the move he was in front of Dembele, Capoue and Mason. He layed the ball off and went in behind and not one of them tracked him as all three tried to crowd out the next man in possession. Vertonghen confused Kaboul by taking the front post and yeah Kaboul should've read it, but for me that chance was because neither of those three midfielders dropped to follow the run.

Well said…a runner that deep should always be tracked...

Back