1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v SCBC***

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by El Guepardo, 19 Sep 2020.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 22 Sep 2020.
  1. Davies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kane

56.3%
  3. Lloris

2.1%
  4. Lo Celso

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ndombele

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Son

41.7%
  1. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Gary Stevens Staff Member

Ndombele has been decent and looked forwards 90% of the time. Winks and Hojberg have been a bit bog!

2. MKSpur

MKSpur Vedran Corluka

Ndombele is a different class. He’s the player keeping Mourinho in a job at the mo!

lo Celso for winks and Bergwijn or even Lamela for Moura. We need to address the centre back issue at some point, Sanchez has done nothing to justify my faith in him pre game and we need to stop at standing off them in general.

StephenH likes this.
  3. Hashegotthesackyet?

Hashegotthesackyet? Goran Bunjevcevic

Diabolical performance and mugged them to get equal. We are making EVERY team we play look like the next best thing!

DeanoAustin, Goose and Baleforce like this.
  4. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Steve Carr

Ndombele at times has reminded me of Dembele today, hope he can keep it going.. The only player that looks capable of keeping the ball under challenge

5. Hotshot-Tottenham

Hotshot-Tottenham Milija Aleksic

Incredible from Ndombele.

No-one else in our squad could do that.

6. milo

milo Mel Hopkins Staff Member

He's done well and was excellent for the goal. I thought that Doherty did well for the disallowed goal

thfcsteff and Baleforce like this.
  7. Yiddo

Yiddo Terry Venables

Bring on Le Celso and Lamela.

I hope Mourinho is throwing brick and kicking them up the arse and not doing one of them brick amazon documentary team talks.

8. ShelfLife

ShelfLife Tony Parks

Literally nobody else in our side can offer us what he does. So important to get/keep him fit and motivated.

9. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Nayim

My word! We are a shambles defensively! There were several occasions when Southampton players had the ball on the halfway line, standing still for a good 5-10 seconds with the ball, and no one got even close!! And the same thing happened when they scored! Pathetic!
    And Doherty is pants! He's utterly useless defensively! I'll take Aureier over him 7 days of the week! Doherty is constantly out of position, and very weak 1 on 1! So easy to get past.
    Thought we were quite good in the first 10 minutes, but after that it was very poor.
    But what magnificent piece of work from Ndombele and Son for the goal! That's what Ndombele brings!

10. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

I still want more from Ndombele, it’s Remeu and Ward Prowse, he should have a cigar on.

paxtonwolf likes this.
  11. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Milija Aleksic

Yep I'm pretty sure I saw him not sprinting full pelt at one stage, disgusting.

milo, MKSpur and Baleforce like this.
  12. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

Or the quality in the squad was on the wane and rather than front up to that we changed managers but appointed a dud

milo and nerdved like this.
  13. AdamB

AdamB Dimitar Berbatov

Main three complaints about the first half:

- playing with Moura on the right is like playing with 10 men. Offers nothing
    - Winks and Hojbjerg in midfield have no shape. Winks is playing in front of the back 4 and the PEH to his right, but I'm not sure what PEH's role is in that case as he's meant to be a better DM. Swap them over
    - we have ZERO attacking shape as JJ said in commentary. There are no tactics apart from hitting it over the top

SteveAWOL and ricky2tricky4city like this.
  14. Legohamster

Legohamster Jimmy Neighbour

Winks is a pussy

easy pass everytime - he has the ability to be better.

he was the same under Mopo

15. balesleftboot

balesleftboot John Gorman

Yes Ndombele, thats what we want from a midfielder!

Hotshot-Tottenham likes this.
  16. AdamB

AdamB Dimitar Berbatov

Agree. Needs to work harder and impose himself on games. He can be better than he is

17. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Justin Edinburgh

Feels like we've been beaten up this half. Yet a couple of centimetres are the difference between us actually going in ahead.

Hotshot-Tottenham likes this.
  18. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

Truthfully, we haven't laid a single glove on them, so we definitely got out of jail with that.

What I don't get is how, when they turn to run at us in midfield, we look so ghostly and disembodied, unable to get near them or stop them. For Christ's sake, you are just *better* than they are- why are you being schooled like this? Make a foul, press aggressively, challenge and win it before they spin - these are fudging third grade basics, and our players look fudging clueless at executing them. And have done since 2018.

Whereas for us, every press of theirs equals a turnover. They're not even having to try that hard for it. And then a quick ball to the bloke up against Doherty, and bang! They're away.

Drop Lucas and Son deeper second half to support the midfield, move Winks up to make it a 4-1-4-1 and press aggressively, with an eye to springing the wingers from deep when we have the ball. Note- from deep, not from off the shoulder. The latter just means we keep getting caught offside by an armpit hair.

JerusalemMan and glasgowspur like this.
  19. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Gary Stevens Staff Member

Mourinho is juggling here. He will have an eye on Thursday...

20. Jordinho

Jordinho Bill Brown Staff Member

Should be our number one priority for an upgrade. Before CM or backup striker.