• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton***

It's one of the few games a season I get to go to. Sat with the home fans though.

They need a win so will go for it. McCarthy and his replacement Cleverley are both doubts. We have a real chance here, Barry is suspectable when shut down quickly. Keep him under pressure and we can control the midfield.
Barry has to be the slowest player in the Prem by far, I can't believe he sustains a top flight career with his "pace". Chugging around the pitch like a fat old referee, he makes Charlie Adam look like a 19 year old Nigerian gymnast.

Barry has to be the slowest player in the Prem by far, I can't believe he sustains a top flight career with his "pace". Chugging around the pitch like a fat old referee, he makes Charlie Adam look like a 19 year old Nigerian gymnast.

Give him a break. He might be slow but he's a Spurs fan and all his family are Spurs fans. I know quite a few people who know him.

Can you name these 18 players connected with both Everton FC & Tottenham Hotspur?

A11219_zpszyetcddt.jpg

Ok here goes:

1 - Espen Baardsen
2 - Nicky Barmby
3 - f knows..
4- Simon Davies
5 - Anthony Gardner
6 - Paul Gascoigne
7 - David Ginola
8 - Richard Gough
9 - Pat Jennings
10 - f knows...
11 - Aaron Lennon
12 - Gary Lineker
13 - Bobby Mimms
14 - Steven Pienaar
15 - Louis Saha
16 - Vinny Samways
17 - Pat Van Den Hauwe
18 - f knows...

If we win this one, it'll be MASSIVE:

a) we are now a big scalp more than ever - and Everton (and esp Lukaku imo) will up their game to the max to show that they've 'still got it'
b) our game will be the last of the weekend round and we could be playing catch-up. If we win, it'll put us in a VERY good position in the table plus put us in good stead to mentally cope with playing after our other top 4 challengers as the case will often be when EL starts again.

Really hope Dembele will be fit, but i fear he wont be. If he isn't i feel we MUST start Mason next to Dier as his drive and bite will be massively needed against the likes of McCarthy and Cleverley imo.

COYS!

Just looked at the league table. Can't believe we have the best goal difference in the division. What a turnaround from recent years!

Its another year...are we going to finally win something!
surely it can't be all that impossible?

or can it...........for us...

bring on the fudging winning psychology...

were almost there....

James McCarthy has been ruled out of Everton’s home meeting with Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.

Tom Cleverley is also a doubt for the Club’s first match of 2016 at Goodison Park this weekend.

The pair were both injured in the Blues’ last outing against Stoke City on Bank Holiday Monday.

McCarthy made his first appearance in a month but was forced off on 25 minutes after sustaining a reoccurrence of his recent hip problem.

Cleverley was the Republic of Ireland man’s replacement but he too had to leave the action early midway through the second half when he suffered an Achilles complaint.

James McCarthy clearly is not going to be available for the weekend,” Martinez said on Wednesday morning. “We are going to get a bit more information today and tomorrow because his old injury flared up. We need to find out exactly what the situation is.

Tom Cleverley, we will have a bit more information today and we will find out what will be his position towards the weekend.”

Martinez also confirmed that wingers Aaron Lennon and Kevin Mirallaswere rested against the Potters and both will come back into the reckoning for this weekend’s visit of in-form Spurs.

Meanwhile, Phil Jagielka is nearing a return but is most likely to be back for either the Emirates Marketing Project Capital One Cup game or the FA Cup visit of Dagenham and Redbridge.

Martinez added: “I expect the weekend will be too early for Phil Jagielka but I expect him to be involved after that.”

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/12/30/mccarthy-cleverley-team-news

If Poch changed it against Watford to deal with the physicality of Deeney and Ighalo is there a chance he'll do the same (or something different) to deal with the physicality of Lukaku, Barkley and Kone (if he starts)?
Though assuming that Dembele is out it would leave us rather short on muscle in midfield if he's moved to a centre back role again.

Jagielka still being out could be important for us. Very good player and the one that seems at least sometiems capable of knitting together their rather loose knit defensive unit.

Sinnce the 2-2 draw away to Swansea in the beginning of October the only team that's scored more than one goal against us is Saudi Sportswashing Machine. That's 11 games with only one game conceding more than one... (Only looking at league games, including EL games it would be more). Everton looks like they can score a hat ful against most teams with a great looking attacking setup. Will be an interesting setup for the game I think.

I think we'll try to be a bit patient again. Keep it tight at the back, don't over commit players going forward, wait for Everton to make a mistake that we can punish them for while trying to keep them out at the back. Though we will probably press them high some of the time, that might be the key. Get our pressing right and we can get great counter attacking chances, get it wrong and they'll play through us and find space.

We have to play our best available team in the norm,a formation for this one

Their scoring plenty at home but can defend for toffee

If Dembele is out (and it isn't confirmed from what ive read) then Dier and mason in the middle for me behind Lamella, Alli and Son. That's five incredibly hard working players who know how to create and score

People were scared when we played them at the lane yet they barely mustered a shot. Their really not a strong team and it's more about individual performances that is getting them noticed

----------------------Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
------------------Dier Alli
---------Lamela Eriksen Son
--------------------Kane

Poch will reward Son with a start as he always do with sub that scored a goal the game prior (see Mason and Carrol).

Spurs 3 : 0 Everton

COYS

------------------------------ Lloris
Walker --- Alderweireld --- Vertonghen --- Davies
---------------- Dier ------------------- Alli
Lamela ---------------- Eriksen ----------------------- Son
----------------------------- Kane

Bench: Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Mason, Carroll, Bentaleb, Chadli.

That assumes Dembele won't be available; otherwise he should start ahead of Eriksen (switching places with Alli).

I thought Trippier did well against Watford but Walker's not done anything to merit losing his place either. Walker'd probably have done better with the header that led to their goal; but I don't think he'd have provided the assist for Son... so that evens out a bit. All the same, I'm assuming Walker was rested rather than 'dropped', so I'd put him back in for the Everton game; then play Trippier in the cup, Walker against Leicester in the league and after that... there's a decision to be made.

Centre-back pairing picks itself. Sorry Wimmer... but so long as our Dutch contingent stays fit, it'd be sheer madness to drop them on current form. Perhaps Wimmer could head out on loan (with option to recall) in January? Keep himself match-sharp so he's ready to step up should we need him... Sunderland are shipping goals and I suspect Wimmer would make a better partner for O'Shea than any of their current centre-backs (he'd certainly be a step up from Kaboul, that's for sure). And spending half a season in a Premier League relegation dogfight alongside a veteran like O'Shea has the potential to be a decent learning experience.

For me Rose was (after Kane) our player of the season last year. So I'm not a Rose-basher and I want him back to his best. But he didn't look up-to-speed against Watford, and I think we'll need a 100% fit left back against "Lennon with a point to prove". I don't think this will be a match for our left-back to be pushing forward. I'd almost have him man-mark Lennon - who is still one of my favourite Spurs players of the past decade (no matter what happened at the end). And I think a fully-fit Davies will do that better than a 90%-just-back-from-injury Rose. Play Danny in the cup and see how he is from there.

Without Dembele I'd drop Alli deep alongside Dier (who will have instructions to keep a close eye on Lukaku). Bring back Eriksen (Carroll may well have a future with us, but even a slightly off-form Eriksen is a better player for us right now). Son's earned a start (I think he's going to be a big player for us when he hits his stride, I really do).

Lamela and Kane (assuming they're fit and well-rested) have to start.

Everton 1-3 Spurs (Kane, Son & Eriksen)

Back