1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton***

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Huddy, 28 Dec 2015.

1. milo

milo Jürgen Klinsmann Staff Member

I think that you are right that going overboard in your criticism can grate on other posters and can make it look like you will single out a player for criticism regardless of their performance.

2. Bullet

Bullet Jack Jull

Just thought I'd mention that Everton just beat City 2-1 at home, whereas we got a draw and thumped them in the first half so should probably have won.

This is the City that most think will finish ahead of us.

I didn't watch the game... was there a reason for City being beaten?

Danny Mills said "Everton soaked up pressure in the first 15-20 minutes, they sat back like they did against Tottenham on the weekend, and as they grew in confidence and got their ball-players on the ball they created the better half-chances.

"Everton shaded it, played the better and more attacking football, they perhaps should have scored maybe three goals – 3-1 would maybe have been a fairer result.

glorygloryeze likes this.
  3. We are Tottenham

We are Tottenham Jose Dominguez

We need to move on to another level though don't we.
    Through the media and other means..political we Tottenham Hotspur football are being held back. The reality is yes Everton are a hard team to beat but as a club we are still not ataining the psychological level to move forward. Yes you need better players but we are still stuck where we are although making some progress only to not make a real challenge. It's just not there, and as a passionate fan that's hard to take!

4. milo

How are we being held back? We have progressed this season and stepped up a level. I am sure that most teams we face now consider us to be far more of a threat than they have in the past.

Our results over Christmas and New Year were the best of anyone in the league, so the claim that we have lost ground is nonsense.

Are you waiting for the plaudits? I am happy for those to wait until we have achieved something. If we want these young players to achieve their potential, we need to keep them hungry and willing to work for each other.

5. billyiddo

billyiddo Steve Sedgley Staff Member

Must remember to quote you this in the next OMT you're posting in ;)

Armchair Expert likes this.
  6. braineclipse

braineclipse Paul Stewart

I seem to be asking this a lot these days... But what were your expectations at the start of the season? And what were your expectations 18 months ago?

To me it seems that we're moving forward at an impressive rate.

7. milo

Yes but as the team improves, our expectations need to extend, otherwise you won't be able to be disappointed and moan constantly.

8. braineclipse

braineclipse Paul Stewart

I think that sums it up pretty well.

9. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

Which is just what we are doing, a team that is playing as a TEAM, full of young players who with the right handling will only get better. And if you are really are bothered about what the media says about us then I would suggest you stop reading and listening to them.

thfcsteff and braineclipse like this.
  10. milo

If we don't win the Champions League this season, I will be calling for Poch's head

11. We are Tottenham

We are Tottenham Jose Dominguez

Yes we are doing well...were up there ..I din.t think arse fans would be too happy if they were us in our position...probably wouldnt turn up their ground!
    Anyway we have been where we are now for a few seasons ..that's good..but were not making the step up..after the arse game we proved that we can play to a higher level and some of the pundits were saying we have a chance for the title. We have faltered a bit now ..if we had not won those games over Christmas our position would not be so good and as other's have said we have dropped points in games we should have won.
    It's not easy appreciated, but obviously I want us to step up and get a real winning meteorology that I believe we could have even though we are short of depth that we need these days as football is not a Team game anymore.
    Hence, clubs with stronger squads win lots more compared to days gone by,But that's another story.

And it's Tottenham Hotspur...
    Tottenham Hotspur FC.......................................

12. milo

Nonsense. There has been a massive step up this season. As for Arsenal fans not turning up if they were in our position, they have been for the last ten years.

thfcsteff likes this.
  13. 90291Spur

90291Spur Chris Perry

(first off, even though I am replying to this post I am not singling you out as the sole purveyor of this view) To expect THE YOUNGEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE to play with the wisdom and meteorology of an experienced side is ridiculous. Supporting Spurs has pretty much always been an exercise in frustration and dashed hopes - and I (and you Steff) was there through the highs of the 80's. This season we have dreaded hope again. And we as fans must have patience. Well, we don't have to, but it will certainly make this season easier to stomach.

Gazzasrightboot, thfcsteff and milo like this.
  14. Bullet

Bullet Jack Jull

Derp Post after post of negative nonsense.

"We have faltered a bit now ..if we had not won those games over Christmas our position would not be so good"

Just think about that for a bit

15. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

You took the words out of my mouth.

thfcsteff likes this.
  16. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Chris Perry

Isn't the reality though that the top teams in the league have fallen away and we are were we always are.

12/13
    [​IMG]

13/14
    [​IMG]

14/15
    [​IMG]

15/16
    [​IMG]

17. thfcsteff

thfcsteff David Ginola Staff Member

No. That's not the reality. I mean, it is if you look at is position. But the reality is that if we were where we'd been in previous seasons, right now we'd be approximately 8th.

In fact, to suggest we are where we've always been 'could' seem like trolling, or clickbait. It seems a tad mischievous. The progress all round has been tremendous. Less defeats than those other seasons by a few. Doing it now with a squad and not a world star going solo. A crushingly superior goal difference to previous seasons. I mean look, if people still only want to rely on facts, then those are our facts. We have improved. Other teams falling away? If you want to analyze the performance of teams who routinely spend 100 million per window (minimum) then be my guest. For me it's not especially relevant. You can only beat what's in front of you.

parklane1 likes this.
  18. Bullet

Bullet Jack Jull

Calm down Steffie dear, I think he just means our points are 36 then 37 then 34 then 36. That's all

Craig_J and Rorschach like this.