• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sept***

Re: *** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sep

Clear cut penalty, I'm guessing the ref didn't see it clearly. It was from a long ball forward from deep so he was probably struggling to keep up.

I thought our 2-0 goal should have been disallowed for dangerous play too if I'm being honest, harsh on Villa. Very poor refereeing throughout with wrong decisions being made both ways, but with the major decisions going our way of course.

What actually surprised me the most about the penalty 'decision' was that I don't actually recall any of the Villa players trying to claim that it was in fact a penalty..

Helenius looked a bit annoyed, but that was about it.

Re: *** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sep

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24232213

AVB interview:

Journo: Did it flatter you slightly at the end, the 3rd and 4th goals were poor goals from their point of view and they had a lot of kids on the pitch and they were getting tired I think.

AVB: I don't think so.

:)

------------------------

Such an encouraging game in so many ways. I'm absolutely loving our attitude these days.

When was the last time we played this well against 3 "smaller" PL teams in a row? First half of the 11/12 season?

What actually surprised me the most about the penalty 'decision' was that I don't actually recall any of the Villa players trying to claim that it was in fact a penalty..

Helenius looked a bit annoyed, but that was about it.

Both for that and for the 2-0 goal that could have been disallowed their reaction was at most "slightly miffed". Strange one, perhaps a sign of a team with players somewhat intimidated by us and with a feeling that a defeat is looking inevitable?

Good to see Vlad get 90 mins, likes a dribble, & his passing wasn't on point but he'll get better.

The tranquility we got from the third goal was immense.

Good to see Vlad get 90 mins, likes a dribble, & his passing wasn't on point but he'll get better.

The tranquility we got from the third goal was immense.

Yes, I was bathed in a sea of tranquility after our third goal.

Has Jermain Defoe done enough to deserve a start against Chelsea?

Six goals and one assist in his 307 minutes played so far this season would suggest a rather definite "Yes".

i think yes. excellent movement and finishing this season

Andre didn't half look chuffed at the end. Surprised he'd be quite so tickled.

I think its just the fact that it seems that we've bought really well this summer, in that all the new guys seem to have settled fairly seemlessly in and even the guys that appear to need a bit more time like Lamela and Chadli are already starting to contribute.

We still looked fluid and in control and our class was there to see despite the changes. We can put quality players like Dembele, Dawson, Eriksen, Sigurdsson on the bench and not even drop a notch in performance.

Wouldn't you be tickled if you managed all that?

Has Jermain Defoe done enough to deserve a start against Chelsea?

Six goals and one assist in his 307 minutes played so far this season would suggest a rather definite "Yes".

I'm glad I'm not the one making that decision.

6 goals in 3 starts against Tblisi, Tromsø and Villa is impressive. Although Soldado also scored 2 in his 1 start against Tblisi. Had Soldado started the games Defoe has started and vice versa their goal records might not have flipped, but I think it would have been considerably different. I would lean towards Soldado to start against Chelsea, but I really could see it go either way.

In itself a show of strength from Defoe to make it that close when up against Soldado for a starting spot. And that also means that whoever starts we'll be in a good position. Squad depth and all that.

Andre didn't half look chuffed at the end. Surprised he'd be quite so tickled.

I noticed that, he was like a dog with two dingdongs, he can obviously see it all coming together, impressive performance.

How did Fryers get on?

How did Fryers get on?

He did alright defensively up against Albrighton I thought. Got done once early on, but recovered with some help from Sandro. Let a couple of crosses in that he might have done a bit more to prevent, but nothing major.

He didn't offer much going forward, certainly very little compared to what we've seen from Rose and Ekotto in the past. But this might be due to this being his biggest game in a Spurs shirt so far and that he chose to keep it simple.

Quite clearly behind Rose in the pecking order for me and I'm not sure if I would trust him against good teams in the PL at this point. Might see Vertonghen shifted to left back in some games like last season. But he has some talent, looks quick and athletic and fairly tidy on the ball.

Nice to get a big win for once ! Delighted to see us outclassing Villa even after resting so many regulars. We played really well and deserved to get this big win. We could have scored more goals if we had been more clinical in front of goal. But we also rode our luck with Vertonghen's tangle with the Villa player which could have been a penalty and red card on another day. But the important thing is we progressed to the next round and still have a chance to win the trophy.

Amazing that Defoe continues to score more goals in Cup matches like this. For some reason, he seems to love the Cup matches so much ! With that 2 goals, Defoe now has got 6 goals this season, all in Cup matches, compared to 4 goals by Soldado. Soldado better start scoring some goals if he doesn't want to be left behind by Defoe when it comes to total goals scored. Both his goals against Villa were well-taken goals. Nice to see him finishing off those one-on-one chances which he used to waste before. In contrast, still not convinced of Kane. For all his hardwork, Kane doesn't look like someone who could get us goals in a competitive match. Really disappointed that Lamela still failed to score for us. Lamela really should have done better with this chance in the first half.

Funny that Paulinho is turning out to be a goal-machine for us ! He has now scored 3 goals for us which is remarkable achievement for a defensive midfielder. On this rate, won't be surprised if he gets 10-15 goals for us this season ! Big credit to Holtby for creating 3 of those goals. Never been impressed with Holtby before but he seems like will be a very good player for us this season. Nice to have Holtby to give competition to Eriksen for a place in the first 11. Credit to Chadli for getting his first goal for us as well. Still not impressed with Chadli but hope this goal will lift his game.

Happy with us keeping another clean sheet. But thought our defence was a bit shaky in this match. Vertonghen was very lucky not to get send off for pulling down the Villa player's shorts. I think if the Villa player had gone down, Vertonghen would have been in trouble. Chiriches was not convincing but hope he will improve as he gets used to the English league. Was worried but Friedel but he did well to save the few chances that Villa got.

This was a very satisfying win. But we should not get carried away as the season is still at an early stage. But hope we will get even better as the team gel together.

How did Fryers get on?

I thought he looked a bit flakey and I was surprised that Villa did not target him more with Albrighton, good game time for him though.

I thought he looked a bit flakey and I was surprised that Villa did not target him more with Albrighton, good game time for him though.

Agree.
If he plays on Saturday we could be in trouble down that flank

1380053068129.gif
Helenius looks angry after that, bet he wanted to be asked on a date first

Back