• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham FC vs Racist Scum

And I am also delighted we appear now to have (at last) recognised that corners are worth working on. Or is Poch wrong to do this?

I always think the criticism that regularly gets thrown in the direction of Eriksen for set pieces is unfair. He generally tries to hit them very hard with a lot of curl/dip and with that sort of spin, there's always going to be a high proportion which get cut out at the near-post. I dont think there's much value in just hanging a ball into the middle and whoever is looking to get on the end of it from our team needs to then generate all the pace and its easier to defend. It feels like our decision is that we'd rather create a lower number of decent chances from corners, than higher number of less easy chances, which makes sense to me

Great, great game. Our hoodoo against this cr*p side finally put to bed.
Well done all concerned:
- A great OMT. Simple yet full of feelings - our feelings. Just a photo of a clam in tears :)
- I hope someone has new photos of these clams after this game.
- Congrats to the whole team - players, coaches and the fans who were there. They could be heard.
And special thanks to Poch, being the first manager to win 'there" in 28 years.

Thank you Spurs - you made my day.
Now, let us go and win the FA Cup.

Piece of p1ss, that was lovely!

Thats the best bit. Not a spawny win against the run of play, not won on dodgy decisions, not scrappy, not backs against the wall for the last half hour.

Rather, a complete dominance. Dealt with everything they had and finished the game very comfortably.

THATS the bit that has me smiling. The "putting the hoodoo away" narrative to follow comes without any clause or qualification.

Thats the best bit. Not a spawny win against the run of play, not won on dodgy decisions, not scrappy, not backs against the wall for the last half hour.

Rather, a complete dominance. Dealt with everything they had and finished the game very comfortably.

THATS the bit that has me smiling. The "putting the hoodoo away" narrative to follow comes without any clause or qualification.

Yeah, they only really had any of the play 2nd half when we were infront and focussed more on protecting that (rightly so). We were dominating the ball when we needed to, up until then.

don't think it was a great game
think poch needs to think about back 3 if we play them again this season, with William& hazard dragging our full backs inside it gave them lots of room down the wings, another game they would have score from them attacks down the wings

I always think the criticism that regularly gets thrown in the direction of Eriksen for set pieces is unfair. He generally tries to hit them very hard with a lot of curl/dip and with that sort of spin, there's always going to be a high proportion which get cut out at the near-post.

Nah, I think considering his general world class quality his corners are on average pretty poor

I think that we have always worked on corners.

Some have argued they are not worth practicing.

Our set up is the weakness imo. No one usually comes round the back. Kane did it against Southampton and scored. Today on 60 minutes, if anyone was coming round the back they would have had a sitter.

Last edited:
Absolutely epic display.

What I loved most about it though? At the end of the game, no major celebrations. No going absolutely crazy because we’ve finally beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge after 28 years. No going overboard. Just handshakes, smiles, a few hugs, but a level headed emotional reaction that suggested this was just another day at the office. We have arrived.

There is a famous quote from an NFL coach or player (possibly Walter Peyton) about celebrating touchdowns. Act like you've been there before.

Back