• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs West London Defence League

Quite. Never mind shots on target -- they should have had more actual goals too. I'd rank that shot that Sterling slashed wide after dancing around the 6yd box as a good chance, never mind the one that Havertz had later in the game. Both counted as shots off target, of course.
It’s why they need a striker
But having a striker may affect the balance on the rest of the side

Hence my second reason -- Ngolo Kante :)

How many times have managers complained that playing against him is like the opposition having an extra midfielder?

Ageing world class players aside, it's also the system. It's a gross over-simplification of course, but there is a school of thought that says that, if you win midfield, you win the game. And you could do this by simply overloading the central midfield -- there's no point in the other team having an extra man in defence, attack or on the wings if they can't get the ball to them.

In my opinion, that's what happened. We essentially had Hojbjerg and Bentancur, with a little help from Romero, Kulu and Kane. Chelsea had Kante and Jorginho with A LOT of help from Mount and some help from Havertz and James. In theory, that would give us more space on our wings...but Chelsea's WBs managed to snaffle that out, with help from a very good midfield/forward press.

In fact, Football365 have done a piece this morning that explains it all far better than I could. A "box midfield" (2 in front of 2) that they've previously used against Barcelona, no less!
https://www.football365.com/news/th...ranscend-obvious-faults-chelsea-squad-opinion

Rather than focussing on the shortcomings of our players, perhaps we should put our hands up and acknowledge that (1) Tuchel won the tactical battle, and (2) Chelsea have some very good players, some of whom had very good games.

What I really liked was Conte using subs to change our formation which, coupled with Kante's injury, brought us back in the game. Tuchel then reacted, taking advantage of our new shape, before Conte rolled the dice again and went for it. It was an incredibly dynamic game tactically. It could well have ended up with a crushing 4-1 defeat, but that doesn't get you any fewer points than going down 2-1. And of course, we've finally got quality on the bench that can make that difference.
They changed their whole set up to negate us
No bigger compliment could be said

Still baffles me that people could dislike Liverpool more over this lot and our other friends in N5. Look at the animosity between the players and the coaches, that transmits on and off the pitch and just can’t be replicated when we play non-London clubs. There’s no other answer beyond Arsenal and Chelsea for me when it comes to our most hated clubs.

Quite. Never mind shots on target -- they should have had more actual goals too. I'd rank that shot that Sterling slashed wide after dancing around the 6yd box as a good chance, never mind the one that Havertz had later in the game. Both counted as shots off target, of course.
Seems like that's Chelsea's real problem. Sterling and Havertz aren't quite good in front of goal.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Still baffles me that people could dislike Liverpool more over this lot and our other friends in N5. Look at the animosity between the players and the coaches, that transmits on and off the pitch and just can’t be replicated when we play non-London clubs. There’s no other answer beyond Arsenal and Chelsea for me when it comes to our most hated clubs.

i think if you split the club with the fans you will get some sort of contest but then again Chelsea fans are terrible in their own way but Liverpool fans are insufferable… I got a free mates that are Arsenal and most of our banter is tolerable and in good faith … Liverpool fans on the other side honestly are nauseating

i think if you split the club with the fans you will get some sort of contest but then again Chelsea fans are terrible in their own way but Liverpool fans are insufferable… I got a free mates that are Arsenal and most of our banter is tolerable and in good faith … Liverpool fans on the other side honestly are nauseating

I get the argument about their fans and I don’t like their fans either. But you can tell just how much it means to Arse and Chelsea when they beat us or stop us achieving something. Imagine how much they’d hate us if we won things regularly. I imagine most Liverpool fans don’t care about beating Spurs other than it’s nice for them to pick up 3 points.

Hence my second reason -- Ngolo Kante :)

How many times have managers complained that playing against him is like the opposition having an extra midfielder?

Ageing world class players aside, it's also the system. It's a gross over-simplification of course, but there is a school of thought that says that, if you win midfield, you win the game. And you could do this by simply overloading the central midfield -- there's no point in the other team having an extra man in defence, attack or on the wings if they can't get the ball to them.

In my opinion, that's what happened. We essentially had Hojbjerg and Bentancur, with a little help from Romero, Kulu and Kane. Chelsea had Kante and Jorginho with A LOT of help from Mount and some help from Havertz and James. In theory, that would give us more space on our wings...but Chelsea's WBs managed to snaffle that out, with help from a very good midfield/forward press.

In fact, Football365 have done a piece this morning that explains it all far better than I could. A "box midfield" (2 in front of 2) that they've previously used against Barcelona, no less!
https://www.football365.com/news/th...ranscend-obvious-faults-chelsea-squad-opinion

Rather than focussing on the shortcomings of our players, perhaps we should put our hands up and acknowledge that (1) Tuchel won the tactical battle, and (2) Chelsea have some very good players, some of whom had very good games.

What I really liked was Conte using subs to change our formation which, coupled with Kante's injury, brought us back in the game. Tuchel then reacted, taking advantage of our new shape, before Conte rolled the dice again and went for it. It was an incredibly dynamic game tactically. It could well have ended up with a crushing 4-1 defeat, but that doesn't get you any fewer points than going down 2-1. And of course, we've finally got quality on the bench that can make that difference.
Kante is an incredible footballer! THE best in his position. No doubt. You barely notice him in games, but if you study it, he's fudging everywhere, and more importantly, exactly where he needs to be at all times! Just pure class.

Kante is an incredible footballer! THE best in his position. No doubt. You barely notice him in games, but if you study it, he's fudging everywhere, and more importantly, exactly where he needs to be at all times! Just pure class.

One bought by Conte when he took over Chelsea after Jose had stunk the place out when he got sacked the second time. Right under the noses of several other coaches who, unlike Conte at that time, could have offered Kante CL football after his one-off and historic PL win with Leicester.

Do we have anyone that Conte could turn into the next Kante?

I think with Kante it isn’t the engine he has. It’s more that his head never drops and he lives in the moment constantly. Not sure there’s been a player with a better mentality ever. He’s just focused every second on doing what he can to help his team, no ego, no doubt. Such a shame he ended up with them as he’s utterly admirable.

One bought by Conte when he took over Chelsea after Jose had stunk the place out when he got sacked the second time. Right under the noses of several other coaches who, unlike Conte at that time, could have offered Kante CL football after his one-off and historic PL win with Leicester.

Do we have anyone that Conte could turn into the next Kante?

From 2 seasons ago ...
https://medium.com/@PepFiction/yves-bissouma-vs-ngolo-kante-2020-21-data-viz-60e9bac9f5e0

1*NBckhHTDYjkFA2dhC6zSrg.png

GL-TOTT-bissouma-v-kante-v2-1.jpg

West Ham?

good analysis on tactics if anyone is still interested:

we finally have a manager that makes effective on pitch subs and tactical changes.

I liked that. Very effective explanations. Enjoyed JJ Bull's work at The Telegraph.

Don't read it much nowadays - not worth paying for. And they employed mischief-making Arsenal season ticket holder Charlie Eccleshare before he joined the Arseletic to take the Spurs beat.

But here's hoping the Bull boy is on to greener pastures.

West Ham?

I don’t like them either but I just can’t take them as seriously as the other two. I know it perpetuates West Ham’s reasoning for not liking Spurs as they claim we think we’re bigger than we are, but it just feels like they care more about us than we care about them. I don’t like West Ham but they will always be behind Arsenal and Chelsea in my most hated teams list.

Reactions: DTA
I don’t like them either but I just can’t take them as seriously as the other two. I know it perpetuates West Ham’s reasoning for not liking Spurs as they claim we think we’re bigger than we are, but it just feels like they care more about us than we care about them. I don’t like West Ham but they will always be behind Arsenal and Chelsea in my most hated teams list.
Their fans revel in our misfortune and I will never forget Lasagna gate. I can't stand that mob. The funny thing is I think all 3 clubs , Larse, Chavs and Wham raise their games when they play us.

Back