• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's been in good form this season, he'll come good again. should have been hooked though, he was completely gassed and we had 3 subs left. Anyone with some energy to run would have been better.

I don't see him agitating for a move and I don't see a world record fee coming in

I think the stars are aligned for it. Jose likes a target man and Kane is a great hold up player but it’s going to take toll on him. We will wanna cash in eventually, he will want to win things and being on the end of Madrid chances is easier on body than the Drogba Jose role.

I could be well off but I think as is...it’s a tick, tick, tick, tick

I agree with you and hope these tactics were a one-off reserved for United's flyers in attack. I think we will see a different line up and tactics from now on. I hope so anyway. Remember we were scoring lots whe JM first came ( 5-0 against Burnley, is one example. Give the man a chance. We still need three or four players in positions where we were left short by our previous coach.

I hope that you're right, I think that it is more likely that we are seeing, and will continue to see, standard Mourinho defensive tactics.

I think the stars are aligned for it. Jose likes a target man and Kane is a great hold up player but it’s going to take toll on him. We will wanna cash in eventually, he will want to win things and being on the end of Madrid chances is easier on body than the Drogba Jose role.

I could be well off but I think as is...it’s a tick, tick, tick, tick

We've probably only got another couple of years of Mourinho. Do you see him leaving during that time?

Everyone knows what this guy is its nothing knew, so we should just let him get on with the job and stop whinging about it.

Lets see what the next 3 years brings. It needs to be at least a couple of trophies given his reputation of silverware every 34 games.

That will be worth any sacrifice considering our disgraceful trophy record since 1991.

I agree with the broader sentiment of letting him get on with it until it either works or is untenable...I just cannot say I will especially enjoy it.
Still, there has been plenty of that in our life with this club hahahaha.
On a side-note, having seen what they are doing with the CL now, I am even more annoyed we did not find a way through. 3 matches won and the pot is yours!!!!!!

8 player massed ranks really doesn't say anything for defensive quality or strength. We've seen that numerous times when we've struggled against hunkered in opponents. Sheer numbers can restrict chances, there's nothing special about doing that.

In principle I have nothing against sitting deep and hitting on the counter but you need to have correct players. We had pace in the wide areas but no one capable of playing them into space.

Winks is too safety first, Sissoko can't pass more than 5 yards and only sideways or backwards and while Lamela does have the vision his passing execution is bloody horrible.

I don't really know how Jose expected to get the ball forwards, there was no one on the pitch able or willing to play a ball into space with a little bit of backspin. Pretty much the only time the ball broke ino space freely for one of our attackers in Beegwijn he scored from it. Otherwise we created very little and seemed to be relying on one of Son or Beegwijn to beat 2 or 3 players on the run. That's just not a realistic expectation to have.

Like us all, I watched Bruno Fernandes and thought of what might have been. So quick with the ball, so speedily progressive. Hazza would love to play with someone like that. But with this manager that sort of player is not coming to us. Ndombele might be unpredictable in terms of when he will release, but in the last 20-25 mins yesterday he'd have opened up the game for us big-time. Fernandes? He looked out of touch with not just our side but the game. I did not understand why he was brought on. Winks was OK yesterday but what about a "gamble" at that moment, what about bringing on Ndombele and letting him roam from deep to break lines, leave Sissoko to be more defensive in that moment and give Son and Kane something to move for? I don't get it. Is there any explanation except for the same old "he isn't fit enough' gonad*s?

I was talking about when we were in defence, where we sat deep in a 4-4-2, which was most of the last hour of the game.

That last 45 minutes was every reason why I have little faith in the manager. Even without Dele and Lucas available, we HAD the players to be more progressive. when we went 1-0, I said to my mate that we needed to really push on and exploit the treacle that was Maguire, really get in and at him. Bergwijn's goal was actually perfect in so much as it showed Utd that sitting on Son and Kane was not enough, that we had weapons. Mourinho actually had the weapons to go 3-5-2

If he was going to sit in a deep 4-4-2 then he needed to take Kane off and put Sonny up with Bergwijn. It was a calculated "sit on it" tactic, it is never going to work with this team/club philosophy, and IMO, he needs to get to grips with that or he will come a cropper here. Still, I am a couch manager and he has a cupboard full of medals so I'm sure he's bothered :)...but unless he really gets to know and love this club, as opposed to thinking he can bend it to his limited tactical will, then he won't be adding much to that cupboard with us sadly.

I'd been wondering whether we'd see "August" Kane at the restart.

I think the biggest factor, aside from sluggishness, was a system and side which simply does not suit what he is. No Eriksen is bad enough, but without Dele he really has no-one around him cresting space with runs or threading passes. If Mourinho insists on this turgid percentage "play on the break" thing, then I cannot see Kane staying too long. Jesus I miss "him" :-(

I think the biggest factor, aside from sluggishness, was a system and side which simply does not suit what he is. No Eriksen is bad enough, but without Dele he really has no-one around him cresting space with runs or threading passes. If Mourinho insists on this turgid percentage "play on the break" thing, then I cannot see Kane staying too long. Jesus I miss "him" :-(

I saw last night that Kane covered the most ground of any of our players. That surprised me.

I saw last night that Kane covered the most ground of any of our players. That surprised me.

That astounds me, and it also compounds the problems. If he is covering more ground than any of our players and not getting one decent chance, then we have some massive issues that "The Manager" needs to sort out.

That astounds me, and it also compounds the problems. If he is covering more ground than any of our players and not getting one decent chance, then we have some massive issues that "The Manager" needs to sort out.
It’s a quick fix if we get Lo Celso on the pitch
Just need someone to release it quicker
Add Ndombele and it’s even better creativity wise (obviously we would sacrifice something else)
Against West Ham who are weak in most areas and have a days less rest it’s a gamble worth taking

It’s easier doing something for 25 minutes though
And I’d also say when your chasing the game again it suits players as they know it’s brick or bust
Kane did zip zero in his first 25 minutes. Yes, all players were fresh then, but still. He was the worst player on the pitch, by a mile! There was one situation in the second half where he got the ball on the half way line and turned, and Son made a run. A pretty simple 20 yard pass would put Son through on goal. Kane made the pass, and missed. By some 30 yards!! I mean WTF? Also that attempted header where he jumped about 5 seconds too early... Utterly pathetic. To me he looks done with Spurs, and have looked like that for some time, and I don't think he'll stay past this season.

Kane did zip zero in his first 25 minutes. Yes, all players were fresh then, but still. He was the worst player on the pitch, by a mile! There was one situation in the second half where he got the ball on the half way line and turned, and Son made a run. A pretty simple 20 yard pass would put Son through on goal. Kane made the pass, and missed. By some 30 yards!! I mean WTF? Also that attempted header where he jumped about 5 seconds too early... Utterly pathetic. To me he looks done with Spurs, and have looked like that for some time, and I don't think he'll stay past this season.
As I’ve said loads I think it’s a massive over reaction caused by the short term nature of football now
Going on Fridays game, martial and rashford should be binned by United as they missed some gifts
17 goals in 26 clubs games this season so far
If he hadn’t got injured he would have the golden boot already IMO

Where did you read that? As I’m also shocked :eek:

Opta only seem to release that info periodically for Premier League, last article I can find is this which showed Dele in 2nd spot with Eriksen being the only other Spur making the list.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ier-league-running-stats-this-season-revealed

Although I see Bundelsliga have a page with weekly distance covered figures

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/stats...n/all-matchdays/player-stats/distance-covered

As I’ve said loads I think it’s a massive over reaction caused by the short term nature of football now
Going on Fridays game, martial and rashford should be binned by United as they missed some gifts
17 goals in 26 clubs games this season so far
If he hadn’t got injured he would have the golden boot already IMO
Over reaction? No. All I said is that Kane was pants. No one can deny that! The reasons he was pants is probably a combination of many things, but that is besides the point. He had a brick game. Period. It must be allowed to say that a player had a bad game, without it being labelled over reaction just became it's Kane. I think he's done with Spurs, and he'll leave within a year unless something drastic happens.

Over reaction? No. All I said is that Kane was pants. No one can deny that! The reasons he was pants is probably a combination of many things, but that is besides the point. He had a brick game. Period. It must be allowed to say that a player had a bad game, without it being labelled over reaction just became it's Kane. I think he's done with Spurs, and he'll leave within a year unless something drastic happens.
You said he has looked done for some time... I think that means more than 25 mins

he is IMO going nowhere as no one has the £££ to buy him, we won’t want to sell and he has a long contract

Back