1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

OMT Spurs Everton

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by LemonadeMoney, 11 Sep 2020.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 15 Sep 2020.
  1. Doherty

72.4%
  2. Hojbjerg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Moura

27.6%
  1. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

Very good post and hits the nail on the head.

2. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

We were brick. Come on people it was Everton not fecking Bayern.

90291Spur likes this.
  3. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

I do not think anyone is saying we were not ( personally i think it was one of our worst), but in all truth Everton were not that good either and it was a game that was awful to watch.

StephenH likes this.
  4. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Nick Barmby

It's not the defeat, its the manner of it that is upsetting.
    Some of the players need to have a look at themselves, and start listening to the manager.

5. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

If this reported explosion in transfer activity is true, this may be the most magnificent loss we've had in ages - finally woke some people up. :p

Yiddo and thfcsteff like this.
  6. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

We’ve seen nothing in the past to suggest Levy makes policy changes that quickly, whoever we sign over the next fortnight, if anyone, the work has been in progress for some time.

7. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Les Howe Staff Member

My bad, must've been Richarlson.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  8. thfcsteff

Likewise my friend, and if we get Bale back, however short-termist I won't give a fudge, it will fill me with delight to see Bale Kane and Son together and Bale back where he belongs!

Bedfordspurs and 90291Spur like this.
  9. metalgear

metalgear Christian Ziege

Players may have been distracted by transfer incoming and outgoing discussions? We will see perhaps they were saving themselves for a bigger club

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

10. metalgear

Or... Mourinhos lazy comments a way to prepare players for change

11. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Steve Sedgley

He is a shoot on site and spank it player

12. thfcsteff

As is but he missed two sitters.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  13. Bedfordspurs

He is rash like I say
    It’s why better teams don’t want him yet

StephenH likes this.
  14. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Steve Hodge

First half wan't that bad, looked at least like a team and were solid. After the goal we completely lost all spirit and shape. Not sure how this can be fixed, players are so brittle and the manager's plan looks an outdated one.

StephenH likes this.
  15. metalgear

First half our central midfield was misfiring. Dele and moura had no impact and often ran into blind alleys or were given the run around. Hojbjerg looked lost... Winks uninspiring and Dele nor moura dropping back deep enough to help or be useful.

Son made a bad call passing to dele instead of Kane.
    We were most effective down the wings. Doherty will only get better and unlucky not to score.

Nevertheless it was pretty even for both sides except that mistake by Davies is which was the worst in the game.

Dele was walking a lot not surprised he got hauled off, though I wonder if Jose made the right choice as moura was equally ineffective, and a worse team player.

16. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Dean Austin

Feeling bitter about this defeat ! Expected us to drop points to Everton but never thought we would lose to them ! Everton have been our traditional territory and fortress that it is hard to accept losing to them ! This defeat is as bad as the 1995 FA Cup semi final which we lost 4-1 to Everton despite having a strong team that included Klinsmann.

Mourinho and the players have to take their share of the blame. I think Mourinho picked the wrong team and the players failed to lift their performance. I think Doherty, Son and Alli have to get the blame for failing to make use of our goal scoring chances. Doherty and Alli should have scored from their chances while Son should have passed to Kane instead of Alli. Lamela really should have started or at least came on in the second half. Not sure why Mourinho bought on Ndembele who have been out of favour until recently.

Our midfield of Winks and Hojbjerg got outplayed by Everton. Still not sure how a manager of Mourinho's quality and experience can start players like Winks and Dier in his team. Both are not good enough to start for any top 10 team. Sissoko should have started instead of Winks in midfield.

Our defence, especially Dier, really should have done better defending for Everton's goal. Annoying to see Dier didn't even attempt to head the ball. Alderweireld showed yet again that he needs to play with Vertonghen to be at his best in defence.

So, we started the season with a home defeat. With our away form being poor for more than 1 year now, we need to rely on home form to lift us. But we lost at home to Everton whom we normally beat. Mourinho needs to do something to get us back to winning ways if we want to achieve something this season.

DubaiSpur likes this.
  17. Bedfordspurs

I think you will find that it was Tobys man that won the header, not diers

and clearly if you think Toby needs Verts then we’re screwed as stout software may need updating with who we have at the club now

18. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

This.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  19. Bedfordspurs

Odd ain’t it
    Toby never ever gets criticised
    What I’ll say is Toby came in late last season when Dier was suspended and was outstanding playing with Sanchez. I also think Dier played really really well with Sanchez. I don’t rate Sanchez that highly as he hasn’t progressed but CBS need to be partners

20. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

Defend as a unit, the player scored a free header in between our two CBs - not a good look for either

metalgear likes this.