• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT CARABAO CUP FINAL TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep. I took a look at all the transfers from 2010. Not a single season with net spend less than £100m. Ans the amount of 25m+ players they have let go on free transfers is just outrageous!
Bellamy
Hargreaves
Santa Cruz
Adebayor
Barry
Bridge
Milner
Richards
Zabaleta
Navas
Bravo
David Silva
Mangala.
That's just the free transfers of players that they bought for 25m+! The list is even longer for expensive players they took a real hit on when selling!!
The gulf in finance is utterly ridiculous.
But it’s purely coaching
It’s about great management

I'm repeating alot of what has been previously said, but what an anticlimax in a final again - i wish i stuck to my original plan of not watching the final and going for a run/cycle instead and just seeing the result and trying to be non-plussed about it. Positives were we were still in the game after 80 odd minutes, Hugo and our CBs. Our midfield was shocking, Winks getting 90 mins, Sissoko coming on ahead of Ndombele and even Lamela i found particularly odd.

However, not digging out Mason as going up against a financially doped up and unbelievably resourced and coached team is difficult at the best of times, never mind after having a week or so to try and get a tune out of overrated and low on confidence players. Whoever the next guy is has a hell of job on his hands.

Obviously a disappointing way to lose, but there was no way for us to get through that game without being second best imo.

Thought the starting lineup was good, and thought quite a few of the starting players did as well as can be expected. Son for me the only standout negative of the starters.

Double sub with Sissoko and Bale didn't work, but it's one of those where I can understand why it was made. Having Son, Kane and Bale on the pitch for those final twenty minutes and all that. Just one chance. Sissoko on to cover defensively. But with Sissoko in for our most creative midfielder on Lo Celso meant we just struggled even more getting the ball into the final third, and that change came at a time when we looked alright at least.

Bitter feeling at the end, having managed to keep it scoreless for so long. And the defending for that set piece was poor.

Obviously a disappointing way to lose, but there was no way for us to get through that game without being second best imo.

Thought the starting lineup was good, and thought quite a few of the starting players did as well as can be expected. Son for me the only standout negative of the starters.

Double sub with Sissoko and Bale didn't work, but it's one of those where I can understand why it was made. Having Son, Kane and Bale on the pitch for those final twenty minutes and all that. Just one chance. Sissoko on to cover defensively. But with Sissoko in for our most creative midfielder on Lo Celso meant we just struggled even more getting the ball into the final third, and that change came at a time when we looked alright at least.

Bitter feeling at the end, having managed to keep it scoreless for so long. And the defending for that set piece was poor.

Similar, as with all games like this, small choices/moments

- Bad subs, Ndombele & Lamela not seeing any minutes? Lucas off? Winks for 90? Dele?
- Ref bottled it, at end of first half City should have had one CB off and the other on a yellow
- Silly errors in set piece (to concede and defending)

To your point, the reason it really hurt is we held on for so long and could/should have had a 15 minute go at them.

I give credit to Mason for not using Ndombele, he's been fudging useless lately, worse than that, he's lazy.

I'm close to being done with him.

You think he and/or Lamela would have been a worse choice than Winks, Sissoko and Dele?

Disagree mate, N'dombele has been run into the ground, asked to play as a ball playing DM deep (not his thing)

You think he and/or Lamela would have been a worse choice than Winks, Sissoko and Dele?

Disagree mate, N'dombele has been run into the ground, asked to play as a ball playing DM deep (not his thing)

He hasn't run anywhere, he swans around like we are 5-0 up all of the time.

I didn't see the game so can't comment on specifics, my opinion is formed on the 50 other times I've seen him play.

I was shocked that Ndombele wasn't brought on to maybe help us keep the ball better and force some City players to close him down and perhaps leave others with more space. Winks playing: was that to do with the Soton second-half? Or was that political?
I am not so much bothered that we lost (as actually happy it wasn't a trouncing) but the way we lost via anotehr set-pice and barely having a shot at goal stuck in the throat a little.

That's 3 finals in 6 years where our strikers haven't even scored....sigh...

I was shocked that Ndombele wasn't brought on to maybe help us keep the ball better and force some City players to close him down and perhaps leave others with more space. Winks playing: was that to do with the Soton second-half? Or was that political?
I am not so much bothered that we lost (as actually happy it wasn't a trouncing) but the way we lost via anotehr set-pice and barely having a shot at goal stuck in the throat a little.

As the card count went up Ndombele was the perfect player to bring on. Same with Lamela, but for different reasons.

That was a gutter... was fully prepared for a tonking so at least we avoided that I suppose, felt like City were there for the taking had we been at our best but it's been so long I'm not sure if I can remember what our best looks like!
Felt like we had a good atmosphere in the Spurs end, how did it come across on the tele?

Well done for going there . The fans came across well on the tv. Shame the players couldn't up their game. We have no midfield. All our players there are woefully substandard and can't find a pass or dominate a game. It needed all our players to really be at the top of their game for us to have any chance. Unfortunately too many were really poor - Regi, Son, Winks, PEH even Kane was way below par but not surprising seeing as he was injured. We had no "out ball" for the defence and so it kept coming back.

We won't be able to compete with teams until we have a strong spine in our team. A powerful CF, a strong, skilful CM, a hardman CM and and a dominating CH. We lack all those individuals at the moment. At least Lloris and the CHs had a good game and restricted the score but we we were never in the contest apart from maybe a five minute spell at the beginning of the second half.

I too thought Mason fudged up the subs. I was calling for Bale (who never got a look in) but why oh why did he bring on Sissoko ? Sissoko in recent games has lost his one and only attribute - his physicality . He is now worse than useless. Why he took off our two players most likely to do something remains a mystery. Son has looked a pale impersonation of his former self in the last few games (is it his brother playing?).

In fact I think that is the last four finals we have played in when we haven't even scored a goal.

LC: Man U 0-0, Chelski 0-2, Emirates Marketing Project 0-1 and CL Final: Liverpool 0-2.

N'dombele has been run into the ground, asked to play as a ball playing DM deep (not his thing)

NDummy hasn't been run into the ground - he just hasn't been running! If you don't think his position is DM what is it?

My biggest disappointment was the complete lack of ambition in the first half, standing off city allowing them to play as they wish, passing sideways and backwards on the rare occasions we had the ball. Countless free kicks in both first and second half, either just in side our half or in their half, were just passed back to the centre halves or finished up with Lloris. Bearing this in mind, it was difficult to know if Kane was fit or not as he had virtually no service. Agree with others that Mason got the subs seriously wrong. No need to take off both Moura and Lo Celso as we needed their creativity and energy and Sissoko should have been nowhere near the pitch, contributing nothing other than his usual failure to mark a player from a corner for their goal. The game was tailor made for Lamela's energy and pressing and we needed Ndombele to help us keep the ball.

On a side note, that must have been one of the worse ref's performances in a cup final. He missed so many of City's fouls and his failure to book the 2 central defenders for their first professional fouls ultimately had a major influence on the game. He just looked scared to make a decision throughout.

On a side note, that must have been one of the worse ref's performances in a cup final. He missed so many of City's fouls and his failure to book the 2 central defenders for their first professional fouls ultimately had a major influence on the game. He just looked scared to make a decision throughout.

His first cup final, he never was going to spoil Pep's party (saviours of English football)

My biggest disappointment was the complete lack of ambition in the first half, standing off city allowing them to play as they wish, passing sideways and backwards on the rare occasions we had the ball. Countless free kicks in both first and second half, either just in side our half or in their half, were just passed back to the centre halves or finished up with Lloris. Bearing this in mind, it was difficult to know if Kane was fit or not as he had virtually no service. Agree with others that Mason got the subs seriously wrong. No need to take off both Moura and Lo Celso as we needed their creativity and energy and Sissoko should have been nowhere near the pitch, contributing nothing other than his usual failure to mark a player from a corner for their goal. The game was tailor made for Lamela's energy and pressing and we needed Ndombele to help us keep the ball.

It's not highlighted and it sounds like sour grapes, but the amount of just late tackles they get away with is criminal, and it can't be anything other than deliberate.

Really good analysis from Carragher on MNF. Basically said we were gutless and pinned it on the players. Had a right go at Winks without being totally explicit about it. Slated Aurier and Reguilon too.

Back