• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - 22.12.13 - 13:30 -Tottenham VS Southampton @ St, Mary's

They knew

BcGccoFCcAAxWQC.jpg:large

:ross:

Great performance bot got sucked in for both goals with a big hole where Sandro would usually be. Would say same formation with Sandro would be interesting to see but Demeble did make some good runs and used his strength well which Sandro probably wouldn't do.

We should really be looking to win both these home games and if so we'll go up to OT with a lot of confidence and potentially in the top 4 position. Lots of the others playing each other over next 2/3 games.

I wondered whether Pochettino had had them working specifically on drawing Lloris into no-mans-land like they did for their second goal. A very good move, and there's plenty of scope for good sides to exploit his tendency to charge off his line like that IMO.

and if stays like it is only 3 points behind Everton who every one and there dog (in the press) seems to be lining up to suck off.

and if stays like it is only 3 points behind Everton who every one and there dog (in the press) seems to be lining up to suck off.

but Everton are exceeding expectations so they are rightly being hailed...new manager, 1 defeat in 16 games, playing good football and scoring goals

I can't remember the last time quite so many Spurs players took to Twitter after a game :eek:

@R9Soldado: Buen partido,y gran reacción del equipo después de una semana difícil / Good game, great reaction the team after a difficult week.Fantastic

@andros_townsend: Well done @nabilbentaleb42 on your debut mate!!

@nabilbentaleb42: Good Game today ! Proud to be part of it ! ❤️⚽❤️ #COYS

@sandroraniere: well done guys ... very important win... valewww..

@Aaron7Lennon: #COYS great win by the lads today buzzing!!! Hopefully injury won't take too long.

@paulinhop8: Very good win today!!! Come on you spurs!!!

@hkane28: Great win from the lads away from home ! 

@YounsKabs4: Great football, great attitude, great WIN!!! #3pts

@friedel_b: Very good win for the boys today!!! Let's hope for a good Christmas period now.

@AssouEkotto: So happy for Tim  hope as he stay there for long time

@GaryLineker: Not taken long for Tim Sherwood to assert himself. He already possesses the best Premier League win ratio of any manager.

@DavidGinolaCeze: Well done spurs great win at Southampton.congratulation Tim, Les and the boys...

@GrahamRoberts4: Come on you spurs great tram effort we have a lot of injuries but really worked hard and Ade was sensational today like he can be.

@1MickyHazard: Wow what a club in crisis, 6 points off the top and 2 home games to come, yes a club in crisis alright, Come on You SPURS

Any full match download of this game anywhere?

Anyone!

Got fanny whipped into missing the game. After being so psyched for it. Great result. We've been unlucky playing some teams like wham when they've been on form. Sounds like today we caught SH at a good time. But never an easy game. All credit to the players. Let's build on it. Need our defense to tighten up now.

Anyone!

Got fanny whipped into missing the game. After being so psyched for it. Great result. We've been unlucky playing some teams like wham when they've been on form. Sounds like today we caught SH at a good time. But never an easy game. All credit to the players. Let's build on it. Need our defense to tighten up now.

I'd check TBP if I were you.

I thought today's game was positive as hell. Sure, Lloris looks to lack some confidence and Chirices takes a lot of strange decisions today. Thought Dembele played well overall, but he's not a defensive midfielder, which I guess gave Southampton more room than they should've had.

I have to say this is the first game for a long while where I've felt genuinly excited about watching us play. Not that we were excellent, by any stretch of the imagination, but we were moving around well (at least in the second half), looking for attacking options, we looked aggressive and the fact that Soldado gets as many clear cut chances as he got today can only be a good thing. I reckon he'll get a goal against either WBA or Stoke, and hopefully will get going from there.

Lamela needs time. Didn't think he was that bad today, really. He holds on to the ball for too long for wanting to impress, it seems, when he should just play simple passes. But **** that, I like the guy, and I think he'll be good given time and opportunities. I just hope we keep including him and starting him in games, what he needs first and foremost is confidence and PL-game time. I hope he starts on Thursday too.

Great to see a youngster get the opportunity, and do it with style! Bentaleb looked incredibly comfortable on the ball for most of the game, I thought.

Siggy worked tirelessly, as usual, but didn't really contribute all that much today. I love the guy for the effort and professionalism, but can't help feeling that he's somewhat of a squad player, and not someone I'd personally put down in a starting XI. I guess I just don't know where he'd best fit. What's his natural best position? In behind the strikers? Would much rather see Eriksen og Lamela in there, if we are to use a formation with a guy in the hole. But by all means, I love the guy, he's got a great attitude and by far one of the best shots in our team.

All in all very, very pleased with the result and performance today, and looking much forward to going to London on Thursday to see us against WBA and Stoke! :D

You lot are missing the point - although we got the win, which was nice enough, we lost the possession battle 57%-43% and that's what really matters... 8-[

not at all. that possession stat is overall but we had more possesion in the opponents half compared to them. fact

A few fingers being pointed at Chiri and Loris for the second goal...

Daws also played the player onsider so could be at fault but to be honest, it was just a great piece of play by Lalana.

I can't remember the last time quite so many Spurs players took to Twitter after a game :eek:

@R9Soldado: Buen partido,y gran reacción del equipo después de una semana difícil / Good game, great reaction the team after a difficult week.Fantastic

@andros_townsend: Well done @nabilbentaleb42 on your debut mate!!

@nabilbentaleb42: Good Game today ! Proud to be part of it ! ❤️⚽❤️ #COYS

@sandroraniere: well done guys ... very important win... valewww..

@Aaron7Lennon: #COYS great win by the lads today buzzing!!! Hopefully injury won't take too long.

@paulinhop8: Very good win today!!! Come on you spurs!!!

@hkane28: Great win from the lads away from home ! 

@YounsKabs4: Great football, great attitude, great WIN!!! #3pts

@friedel_b: Very good win for the boys today!!! Let's hope for a good Christmas period now.

@AssouEkotto: So happy for Tim  hope as he stay there for long time

@GaryLineker: Not taken long for Tim Sherwood to assert himself. He already possesses the best Premier League win ratio of any manager.

@DavidGinolaCeze: Well done spurs great win at Southampton.congratulation Tim, Les and the boys...

@GrahamRoberts4: Come on you spurs great tram effort we have a lot of injuries but really worked hard and Ade was sensational today like he can be.

@1MickyHazard: Wow what a club in crisis, 6 points off the top and 2 home games to come, yes a club in crisis alright, Come on You SPURS

Well, Tiny Tim seems to have everyone's backing…I am convinced he is manager until the end of the season regardless…here's to him proving me wrong…hope so...

Well, Tiny Tim seems to have everyone's backing…I am convinced he is manager until the end of the season regardless…here's to him proving me wrong…hope so...

I think he will do well. He is being slated for not being 'eloquent' enough but sometimes players do not want eloquence - they want a 'common' man a man who will just mean what they say and not use words like 'dimensions' when it just brings up the question of what the ****ing ****.

I know Timmy boy has said he wants it full time or not at all but as far as im concerned, he will take it till end of season then get evaluated - he wont and cant reject that opportunity. Not many people get an opportunity such as this with a massive high profile job as with Spurs.

I think he will do well. He is being slated for not being 'eloquent' enough but sometimes players do not want eloquence - they want a 'common' man a man who will just mean what they say and not use words like 'dimensions' when it just brings up the question of what the ****ing ****.

I know Timmy boy has said he wants it full time or not at all but as far as im concerned, he will take it till end of season then get evaluated - he wont and cant reject that opportunity. Not many people get an opportunity such as this with a massive high profile job as with Spurs.

Trying to push Levy's hand there. Didn't like that tbh. Serve your club. He will be judged by results as he said himself. Sure they will sort it out, especially if he wins the next game. If he stays on, we need some experienced backroom staff to compliment.

We could have easily drawn today, looking at the goals scored we had the run of the ball. But sounds like we deserved the win and at least one of their goals could have been defended.

Back