• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

I'm happy with him being here next season, as long as he gets games. If he took Winks place in the squad, he would get a fair few games and we would get some money for Winks to reinvest.
I agree, and I think we need to look to Skipp and Sessegnon to solve some of our problems, as squad players at least. Partly because of money having to be spent elsewhere, but then there's also the home grown thing.

Skipp replaces Sissy and Sess replaced Davies. We can then sell Winks and reinvest in another CM and get rid of Sanchez and Toby and bring in another CB or 2. Also need to upgrade on the right backs and the goalkeeper but i cannot see us making that many changes in 1 go.

Skipp replaces Sissy and Sess replaced Davies. We can then sell Winks and reinvest in another CM and get rid of Sanchez and Toby and bring in another CB or 2. Also need to upgrade on the right backs and the goalkeeper but i cannot see us making that many changes in 1 go.

The Sessegnon - Davies one will be interesting. I know lots on here don't like Davies, but you don't ever hear that much in the press or media. He's pretty unspectacular but as a back-up LB, he's better than the vast majority of PL teams have.

Agree though that those two changes will help for a variety of ways - bring the age of the squad down, bring in some HG players, bring in some cash (not huge amounts though)

The Sessegnon - Davies one will be interesting. I know lots on here don't like Davies, but you don't ever hear that much in the press or media. He's pretty unspectacular but as a back-up LB, he's better than the vast majority of PL teams have.

Agree though that those two changes will help for a variety of ways - bring the age of the squad down, bring in some HG players, bring in some cash (not huge amounts though)

i imagine Davies will retain a place as a utility player - cover for CB as well as LB.

i imagine Davies will retain a place as a utility player - cover for CB as well as LB.
We've had all kinds of issues at centre back this season and Davies has gotten only very rare chances there, mostly in the cups IIRC.

I'm not sure we can keep him, Sessegnon and Reguilon happy. Reguilon obviously the clear first choice when fit, assuming he's still here next season.

To me replacing Davies with Sessegnon seems like an obvious way of bringing money in while giving the chance to Sessegnon to develop. If Mourinho sees him as good enough at that time.

Hojbjerg, Skipp, Ndombele and Lo Celso as the options for the deeper midfield roles? Seems a bit of a gamble, we would certainly lack some of what Sissoko brings to the game if not replaced by another very athletic player.

Perhaps a gamble worth taking.

Replacing Davies, Sissoko and Winks with Sessegnon and Skipp would free up a bit of money to use elsewhere. I'm guessing Mourinho would want another midfielder though. Ndombele and Lo Celso being very good options further forward too would make 5 options for the deeper roles make sense.

Hojbjerg, Skipp, Ndombele and Lo Celso as the options for the deeper midfield roles? Seems a bit of a gamble, we would certainly lack some of what Sissoko brings to the game if not replaced by another very athletic player.

Perhaps a gamble worth taking.

Replacing Davies, Sissoko and Winks with Sessegnon and Skipp would free up a bit of money to use elsewhere. I'm guessing Mourinho would want another midfielder though. Ndombele and Lo Celso being very good options further forward too would make 5 options for the deeper roles make sense.
Dont forget we have been after Sabitzer for some time and he plays midfield too

Back