• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Tried succession but I don’t like any of the characters. Not much point watching a series if you fail to root for any of the main characters.

Ted Lasso doesn’t suffer from that at all. Just finished season 2 which is arguably even better than the first season. Slightly darker than the first season in some ways as it deals with some tricky subjects like depression and jealousy but it handles them really well. You can’t help but root for Ted.

Tried succession but I don’t like any of the characters. Not much point watching a series if you fail to root for any of the main characters.

Ted Lasso doesn’t suffer from that at all. Just finished season 2 which is arguably even better than the first season. Slightly darker than the first season in some ways as it deals with some tricky subjects like depression and jealousy but it handles them really well. You can’t help but root for Ted.
I don't think anyone could have posted a more accurate polar opposite of my views if they tried.

Every character in Succession is great because they're despicable. It accurately reflects life as most people are either arseholes, a disappointment or both.

Ted Lasso has a bunch of (amusing and charming) caricatures who fit well in a light, silly season 1 but show just how two dimensional they are when they try to get deep in season 2.

I don't think anyone could have posted a more accurate polar opposite of my views if they tried.

Every character in Succession is great because they're despicable. It accurately reflects life as most people are either arseholes, a disappointment or both.

Ted Lasso has a bunch of (amusing and charming) caricatures who fit well in a light, silly season 1 but show just how two dimensional they are when they try to get deep in season 2.

Three of my favourite shows of all time are Dexter, Breaking Bad and The Sopranos. All of them have despicable lead characters, but I still found myself rooting for them. With succession I just couldn’t latch on to any character. If I don’t care about at least one character in a show or a film then I lose interest quite quickly despite how well-made it may be.

On my list but haven’t watched any of it yet. How does it compare to Mandalorian? The last episode of Mandalorian was cream worthy.

It's not as good as The Mandalorian, it starts a bit slowly (The Mandalorian did too imo), but its very Star Wars, feels like a comfy pair of slippers, it's clearly made by people who love SW too, it's full of easter eggs and callbacks from canon.

Todays episode was pretty special.

We've started watching 'On being a GHod in Central Florida' on Netflix - I really like it. About a pyramid scheme, but with all sorts of odd absurdities intertwined in it. Well made, lots of good actors in it. Recommended.

About 6 episodes into the latest series of Ozark and got to say it’s a bit naff. Really enjoyed the earlier lot . Hope the second part of this last series is better than what’s gone so far.

Have any of you guys watched Reacher? They totally got it wrong casting Tom Cruise in the movies, but they got it spot on for the series. It came out on Friday, just eight episodes, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tom Cruise wasn't cast as much as he simply bought the rights to make the movies.

Interestingly, Alan Ritchson who plays Reacher is only 6ft 2, but he really looks the part, in the books Reacher is 6ft 5.

Definitely hope there is a second series

Have any of you guys watched Reacher? They totally got it wrong casting Tom Cruise in the movies, but they got it spot on for the series. It came out on Friday, just eight episodes, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We are going to start watching that tonight, loved the books. Like you i thought Cruise was so bad in the films.

Been working my way through Afterlife over the last couple of weeks. Touching in parts but also (like every program I suppose) requires suspension of disbelief ie the nurse at the care home is always available to listen to Gervais quip rather than being busy, the widow is always on the bench when he visits to give some sage like advice, and the set ups are fairly obvious, but it is an enjoyable watch.

It’s fair to say I’m a bit of a miserable clam so it’s nice to see another one in action battling against the world.

One thing I was unsure of was how swiftly they moved on from him essentially murdering (euthanising?) the homeless guy by giving him enough drug money to OD on ..

Last edited:
Back