1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official TV Thread ***

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by markysimmo, 14 Jan 2012.

1. Daisuk

Daisuk Paul Walsh

I tried watching Squid Game yesterday but just couldn't stomach the ridiculous main character fumbling about like fudging Goofy. I suppose it picks up at some point?

2. ShipOfTheseus

ShipOfTheseus Tim Sherwood

If you watched the whole of episode one and didn’t like it, you won’t find it improves. There are quite a few episodes that sag, and the first is probably the best. Also, it gives you all you need to understand the Squires cartoon about Watford, from Tuesday.

MKSpur and Daisuk like this.
  3. Bullet

Bullet Tom Huddlestone

Amen brother. The main character just behaves ridiculously over and over, so unbelievable. Really frustrating. I stuck with it and sat through 8 hours or whatever and it was 'fine' but really nothing clever or amazing. Just Battle Royale ish. Can't understand why people are so in love with it, just very average.

Also the English voiceover is just strange and doesn't match the English subtitles at all which is just bizarre.

Daisuk likes this.
  4. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Milija Aleksic

My wife and I are watching it and wonder how the arch villain overseeing all this manages to keep an army of young soldiers employed like prisoners. And where are the people who design and build the huge Games Room where so much blood is spilled. The set changes for every game.

5. Bullet

Bullet Tom Huddlestone

Maybe when you get to the reveal of who the main guy in grey is... and then when you get to the final reveal of who his boss is... you can come back on here and let me know if it was all an incredibly clever double triple switch back amazing twist... or just a load of meh.

6. Baleforce

Baleforce Micky Hazard

The book was hard work, this will probably be more fun.

7. Jordinho

Jordinho Taffy O'Callaghan Staff Member

In my experience it's pretty common in Korean movies for characters to be over the top and almost caricatures of themselves. They also like to go heavy on the melodrama. First episode was meh, then it got better for a few episodes before falling off a cliff. There's so much in that show that's just a ripoff of Saw, with bits and pieces from other movies, and they make the same mistakes that ruined the Saw franchise for me. The whole concept of it being a game, albeit a violent one at times, where everyone has a chance is completely disregarded in favour of shock value, gore and ridiculous twists upon twists.

Daisuk likes this.
  8. Baleforce

Baleforce Micky Hazard

Late to this one, but Altered Carbon is really good, they’ve nailed the feel of the book.

9. Daisuk

Daisuk Paul Walsh

Yeah, I noticed the same in Parasite, but quite liked that movie overall. Just couldn't stand goofy featuring in this one.

10. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Paul Stalteri

Started watching season 4 of gone fishing. It really is excellent. I even warmed to Bob a bit, he’s quite endearing on it. Not a massive fan of random silly “comedy” like his stuff with Vic Reeves but he comes across well on this.

11. Bullet

Bullet Tom Huddlestone

I was really disappointed with Parasite. The setup was pretty good and it was going along nicely, then the last section was just silly shock value.

12. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Steffen Iversen

Excellent show. It has a Blade Runner feel about it

Baleforce likes this.
  13. Daisuk

Daisuk Paul Walsh

Yeah, it was nowhere near what I expected reading the praise it got, but it was watchable. The lesson is really to not trust reviews, people like too much crappy brick.

14. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Paul Stewart

I think that ending was sort of brewing throughout the film personally. The rich husband kept making comments about poor people and how the chauffeur gave off a smelly odour. Hard to pinpoint which genre it falls under but it definitely explores the rich-poor divide, as does Squid Game.

Mosquito_Coasting likes this.
  15. scaramanga

scaramanga Ricky Villa Staff Member

Not sure whether to trust this or not....

16. billyiddo

billyiddo George Hunt Staff Member

I barely made it through the first episode, terrible stuff.

17. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Milija Aleksic

No worries, billy. It's doing fine without you and/or your supplicants.

18. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Mel Hopkins

I’m watching MAID on Netflix
    It’s a really good watch
    It’s biographical and some bits are a tough watch but it’s well done

Rorschach likes this.
  19. Jurgen the German

Bit slow in places but decent overall.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  20. Jurgen the German

Can’t wait to watch Dave Chappelle’s new standup on Netflix. People have called for Netflix to remove it because of jokes he makes about the trans community. When did people become so selfish in the sense that if they don’t like something or if it offends them, it’s not enough to just switch it off, they have to call for it to be removed from the platform and spoil it for the rest of us? Would be like if I went to a restaurant and I didn’t like the meal, and the chef owed me an apology and had to change his menu. And then I said no one else was allowed to eat the food.

djp82 likes this.