1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official TV Thread ***

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by markysimmo, 14 Jan 2012.

1. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Frederic Kanoute

Game of Thrones - WTF

mjc23 and galeforce like this.
  2. NaijaSpurs

Wow!

mjc23 and galeforce like this.
  3. 90291Spur

90291Spur Nick Barmby

Never heard of it. Is this a new show? Like a royal competition game with the winner getting a fancy chair?

4. P.D.

P.D. Gerry Armstrong

Seems like they just wanted an episode where they can show off some big effects and things like that, they didn't build the main character up to transform like that in an instant either, feels like weak writing. Still love watching it but series 7 onwards has felt a bit lost with either boring filler scenes or all out action.

PS - talking half in riddles as assume some haven't yet watched it.

SteveAWOL likes this.
  5. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Gerry Armstrong

Terrible wasn't it? The writers really don't give a single fudge anymore.

6. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Ruel Fox

Lena Headey must have been thinking WTF? In one whole series she has like two minutes of dialogue and spends 95% of her time standing in a tower gazing into the distance. What a 'powerful performance.'

7. P.D.

P.D. Gerry Armstrong

Ridiculous, she was such a good character as well.

Very silly not to have more of the night king as well, wait years for them to cross the wall then he's gone in one episode and didn't even see him kill a few people en route either.

nayenezgani likes this.
  8. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

I think there have been hints since season 2/3 that the character had tyrannical potential.

JerusalemMan likes this.
  9. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

Ep 1 of Chernobyl was very well done I thought.

Rorschach and JerusalemMan like this.
  10. P.D.

P.D. Gerry Armstrong

I think they need to show that the character was building towards it a bit more, you must admit it's quite an extreme change.

11. NaijaSpurs

Try to comment without spoilers as not everyone is up to date

12. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

not really, she’s resorted to burning people to death at every opportunity, she’s Targaryen, it’s about the 10th time one of them has done this

it’s possible I’ve picked things up in the books and emoted them to the tv series, the most recent book, for example, is pretty 500 years of Targaryen’s killing each other with dragons above Kings Landing

13. P.D.

P.D. Gerry Armstrong

Sorry but that episode was over 2 weeks ago now, I think it's fair enough to comment on it.

14. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Steffen Iversen

Officially confirmed today that the two idiots that write Game of Thrones are producing and writing the new Star Wars trilogy.
    HBO was willing to give GoT all the time the writers wanted to finish the show.
    But they rushed it just so they could move on and do Star Wars.

Mosquito_Coasting likes this.
  15. NaijaSpurs

No that is not. If you pay attention in this thread you would note that people watch series at different times. If somebody has just started watching the second series of Star Trek Discovery it is not okay for me to spoil it for them just because I have seen it already.

@spasm has watched Season 5 of Bosch, does that make it okay for him to spoil it for me if I have just finished season 4.

And what happens when Netflix decides to release a whole season at once, how many days do you give before it is okay to spoil it considering people do not always watch shows at the same time.

You should be considerate to others my good man

Last edited: 14 May 2019
    Bullet and spurspinter1 like this.
  16. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Scott Parker

Game of Thrones could have done without the WWs entirely. I enjoyed yesterday. They are rushing things, they've fudged their pacing, but none of the things that have happened seem too far out of character apart from Brienne and Jamie possibly.

yiddo37 likes this.
  17. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

At $1m an episode booooooom

18. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Ruel Fox

The easiest money she will ever make.

19. Dicko

Dicko Gudni Bergsson

This whole Season has been awful. Years of character development ignored in order to tie up loose ends in 1 short final season. Varys spent years being clever, plotting and scheming and then over the last series or two has had no interesting lines or scenes at all, Tyrionis now fumbling about making constant mistakes and bad choices even though he was a genius for the first few seasons. Cersei has done nothing for the last year or so except stand in the red tower waiting for someone to come attack (and still hadn't developed any plan other than pay the GC to come stand in front of Kings Landing. Ergh, its still entertaining but man, this season is such a let down. I hope there's a chance for a decent finale.

nayenezgani and Gilzeantoscore like this.
  20. scaramanga

scaramanga Tommy Harmer Staff Member

I've read that HBO essentially have the writers unlimited minutes in which to wrap up the story - both seasons 7 and 8 could have been long seasons with full length episodes.

They have apparently cut it all short so they can work on the new Star Wars trilogy.

SteveAWOL likes this.