• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Have to say, I dont get the fuss with Bohemian Rhapsody.

I mean, its fine, and the music is great, but its not a particularly good film.

Basically advertising/propoganda for Queen, rather than a meaningful/thoughtful/in anyway not superficial film.

At this point I like the look of the Elton John one much more!
Pretty much agree, it was extremely easy watching. But they took some massive liberties with, well, everything!

My sister in law loved it and asked me which bits weren’t true then.

It was easier to say which bits were. i.e. His name was Freddie Mercury, he was in a band called Queen. He’s dead of aids.

The rest, all made up!

You really arent missing much.

Some of the performances were really on point, so far as impressions go. But basically it was a walking talking Queen advert designed to boost sales.

It was tame beyond belief, to the degree it virtually skimmed his homosexuality with as light a touch as possible.

When such a fundamental part of his story was effectively airbrushed, you know what you are looking at...

Havent seen the Elton one, just the trailer, but it looks like a much better film so far to me
BoRap was also absolute dogbrick as a film. No cohesive vision or style. And despite the editing win for the Oscar it was HORRIBLY edited -

BoRap was also absolute dogbrick as a film. No cohesive vision or style. And despite the editing win for the Oscar it was HORRIBLY edited -

Saw something about the editing the other day, not sure its the same video (firewall).

The one I saw said the award often goes to the film with the most noticeable editing. Which usually means its actually bad, as good editing doesnt really draw attention it just helps the movie along...

Completely fair point, it was pretty brick. Though lets be honest, since when have the oscars actually "got it right" on any category?

Just watched Hanna on amazon.

Was ok 7/10. Would have been better I feel if I was a 15 year old girl.

However I have to admit for more than a bit of man-love towards Joel Kinnaman. And the chance to see him and Mireille Enos team up again after ‘The Killing’ lulled me in. Dammit.

did you watch Derek? similar (not as sad) roller coaster - at first i thought he was taking the tinkle out of the handicapped at the end i had a tear in my eye

Yes really enjoyed that too.

Tbh I am a big Gervais fan. Liked The Office and absolutely loved Extras (The scene with Patrick Stewart had me in bulk)

I didn’t realise Line Of Duty was back tonight!

Feck me, that’s a ‘must watch’ in out of the blue!

Back